• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, St_Worm2 said:

Hi Murphy, where do the goats, all those not named in the Book of Life, Satan, the fallen angels, the beast, the false prophet, etc. go, or do you simply mean that Hell and the 2nd Death/Lake of Fire are not the same place? The Bible certainly seems to speak of ETERNAL punishment for the reprobate and the fallen angels.

"Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt." ~Dan 12:2

"He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. These will go away into eternal punishment" ~Matt 25:41/46a

"The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." ~Rev 20:10

"Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."~Rev 20:14-15

Thanks!

--David

Fire destroys, fire cleanses.

It's what fire does.

Just as the earth will be cleansed by fire this time.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/02/1956

But being "tormented day and night forever and ever" doesn't sound like anything is destroyed or cleansed, it sounds like never-ending punishment. Fire destroys what it touches, but it can also be the source of nearly unbearable heat if it is burning nearby. 

I don't like the idea of a conscious eternal punishment, but that seems to be what the Bible teaches.

Edited by St_Worm2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings St_Worm....

Nobody "likes" the idea but it is what it is,,,,,,,,sadly,people ,by their own understanding will try to minimize what awaits those who's names are NOT Written in the Book of Life,,,,,,,,,,,,,they will stand before God at the Great White Throne Judgement,no one who stands there will be found "not guilty",,,,,,,,,,they will be cast into outer darkness,out of the Presence of God,,,,,,,,,,,the end? No,not for anyone,,,,,,,there are only 2 places to go,,,,,for all time,into everlasting punishment or everlasting LIFE with the Lord!!!                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

12 hours ago, Murphy said:

Sheol is the original Hebrew concept of the underword.

Bosom of Abraham means 'in the safety of' or safe harbor.

Sheol will no longer exist after the Millennial reign of Messiah, the last death is that of death itself.

There is no eternal hell.

So is it my understanding Murphy that you do not believe in hell that it doesn't exist?  I"m a little confused by what you are saying?  If you are saying that hell does not exist what  happens to those who reject Jesus?  And if that is what your saying I would like the scripture that backs all this up.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

David St Worm, I rather like the idea that the gates of hell cannot prevail when the church assaults it.  We have been given authority over demons and such.  We are able to rob satan's domain of the walking dead by evangelism so that they may be born again and have eternal life.  By that I mean that all are ascribed to hell by original sin and the bent toward pride, rebellion and selfishness.  So I think of all who are not saved to be the walking dead!  And the Church has been given the commission to spread the good news, that Christ obeyed the Father perfectly, died for the sins of the ungodly and arose from the dead, conquering death.  He ascended into heaven and sits in the place of authority and honor, praying for us.  God has given Him a name above every name!  Our God reigns!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, Murphy said:

There is no eternal hell.

What else don't you believe from the Bible? If there is no eternal Hell, then the Cross of Christ would be quite unnecessary.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

16 hours ago, Murphy said:

Study Sheol to get a biblical picture of what you are calling Hades/Hell.

There is no place called 'hell', not as westerners consider it.

Yahshua went to Sheol, perez is paradise. A perez is a walled garden, a partitioned garden, in Sheol.

Read Lazarus and the rich man parable.........note, the rich man saw Abraham from 'far off', not far up.

So if there is no hell,you believe everybody goes to heaven? 

Please explain~~

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, Willa said:

David St Worm, I rather like the idea that the gates of hell cannot prevail when the church assaults it.  We have been given authority over demons and such.  We are able to rob satan's domain of the walking dead by evangelism so that they may be born again and have eternal life.

By that I mean that all are ascribed to hell by original sin and the bent toward pride, rebellion and selfishness.  So I think of all who are not saved to be the walking dead!  

Dear sister, I see that you are attempting to bring something to the attention of DSS.

This is commendable, and you do expect some response, I don't really know what kind of response you hope for, and as I was reading your post something got my attention.

What is that, calling those who have not denied Faith in Jesus Christ "walking dead", for the reason that they have not believed because the Gospel was not preach to them.

This is not found in the Gospel, and the other statement about the original SIN, still beeing around.

Good luck if you try to justified both matters. 

And the Church has been given the commission to spread the good news, that Christ obeyed the Father perfectly, died for the sins of the ungodly and arose from the dead, conquering death.  He ascended into heaven and sits in the place of authority and honor, praying for us.  God has given Him a name above every name!  Our God reigns!

" die for the sins of the ungodly"?...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

So if there is no hell,you believe everybody goes to heaven? 

Please explain~~

Murphy is failing to distinguish between Sheol/Hades and Gehenna/the Lake of Fire.  This thread in NOT about the Lake of Fire.  But the English word "hell" has been used for both places, hence the confusion.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Annihilationism is quite popular in our world today. It is an attractive idea for them. Imagine.....no hell. Satan loves it.