• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

1. "Fighting" needs to be defined. There's a difference between "fighting" and having a heated argument, and between heated arguments and respectful discussion and disagreement.

2. The latter, respectful discussion and disagreement, is a tool for learning and growth, not a sign of discord or negative emotion.

3. I have been blessed to only be a part of God-focused, missions-focused churches that are solidly grounded on scripture, so while I've heard of churches that are split and have bad infighting, I've never had the displeasure of really witnessing it first-hand.

4. That said, the question is under the umbrella of the general "if Christianity is real, why don't Christians act like they should?" argument.

--> 4A. God is God and truth is truth regardless of anyone's actions. 

--> 4B. Christians being imperfect and sinning is not evidence for the falsehood of Christianity (the opposite, in fact). Biblical Christianity holds that even the most righteous believers will continue to stumble at times, and people don't just change completely overnight, even those who have radical conversion stories. God is at work in all of us, a slow process of forming clay into something He can better use, and each Christian is in different stages of that process based on when they turned themselves over to Him, their personality, their family life, their health, and numerous other factors. Believing in Jesus does not rid us of our humanity.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I should probably add, that although it doesn't answer your question as to why Christians "fight", even the apostles and their ministering associates, had their disagreements and event separated (temporarily) over them. I think that whenever people do not disagree, either they have decided to just shut up, or they have stopped thinking.

One could wonder "why should Christians NOT "fight"?" - Do we expect them to suddenly become sinless and perfect when we believe? Is it more reasonable, to expect us to continue to grow throughout our lives, until God makes us perfect for the next life. I am wondering, why does it even bother you, that Christians act like people, what is so disturbing about that? 

Putting it yet another way, I think that it could be argued, that a man and a woman, choose each other for marriage, the select, based on lots of things, but one thing I would expect, is that they are more alike than most people chosen at random, that they love each other about as much as people do - yet in spite of that, I hear that most husbands and wives fight. 

Why do you suppose that happens? If you can answer that, you might be able to answer your own question. Some of the things that husbands and wives fight about, are way more trivial than the topics Christians "fight" over in these forums.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I do not think Christians should "fight" each other or argue or be rude to one another. But I do think that when a Christian sees false doctrine being posted it needs to be corrected. There are many topics that are not a salvation issue and we do not need to divide over but then there are very important topics that are a salvation issue and they need to be corrected. This does not have to be done in a haughty or prideful way but to state that you do not feel what they posted is biblical and post what you do think is biblical.

• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

This does not have to be done in a haughty or prideful way but to state that you do not feel what they posted is biblical and post what you do think is biblical.

I would agree there, but would add that I think it even better, it in addition to stating what one feels or thinks is Biblical, that once presents the biblical basis, they have for their beliefs. Opinions are fine, but opinions derived from reasons, are even better. After all, it is not as though we should arrive at conclusions based on taking a poll to see who thinks what.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

55 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I would agree there, but would add that I think it even better, it in addition to stating what one feels or thinks is Biblical, that once presents the biblical basis, they have for their beliefs. Opinions are fine, but opinions derived from reasons, are even better. After all, it is not as though we should arrive at conclusions based on taking a poll to see who thinks what.

You put ten people in a room and give them one verse. You probably would get ten different interpretations. Which interpretation is the real word of God? You can not give your opinion of that scripture and what you want it to mean.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

Theology is warfare, what we believe affects our eternal destinies and also the eternal destinies of others, there is a world of difference between Christians who believe we are saved by grace through faith and not by deeds of righteousness as other Christians claim and between Christians who believe salvation can be lost and those who believe it can never be lost....both may be Christian. These differences are so extreme they must have different sources.

It is a question of whose voice we are following, even though we are saved.

Whether or not we get raptured before or after the great tribulation is going to be extremely important as the day draws near.

Doesn't mean we don't love Christians of a different persuasion, we do. Paul loved Peter but he sure gave him one up the side of the head when he misbehaved.

Edited by TehMill

• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 7/30/2016 at 8:46 PM, fantasymay said:

I am constantly seeing Christians fighting each other over their beliefs....
Some things are important like abortion and homosexuality, but a lot of things are trivial....
Why must Christians argue and back bite each other, It's a real put off to accepting what they say....

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Not All Believers

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
2 Timothy 2:23-26

Will Fight With Each Other

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

So, Are You Ready

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21

To Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying,
On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel;
and I will bless them.
Numbers 6:23-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I think there are a few reasons. Lets face it...we are all human. People argue/debate over almost everything. Especially if its internet forums you are mostly referring to.

I enjoy listening/reading a healthy debate between Christians...it tends to enrich my faith and I usually find something I want to study more. I've found even between a few denominations...the basis of Christianity is solid.  To me its similar to a family type discussion.

just my 2 cents.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

we all have this sinful nature that only by our Saviors grace can be tamed and also a reason is the daily spiritual battle we encounter with our adversary the devil. our enemy hates us and hates and intends to destroy the work our Lord does through us and thus destroying our testimony to others.  It is then our need to seek our Lord and ask for His daily counsel and guidance.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

who doesnt fight? seriously. We live in a world full of fighters. Even the so called "tolerance" people who avoid conflict, fight, in their own way. And its because we live in a fallen world full of fallen people, and christians, are fallen people who are simply forgiven. We try and do the right thing but we still arnt perfect, and we fight-sometimes we are on the side of right, not all fights can be avoided, not all fights are wrong, but oftentimes, its because of our own selfish pride.