Andy_d

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Some people may get a tattoo either before they are saved, or afterwards, but before realizing it is rebellion against JESUS.                      SimpleJ

Blessings Andy...

I agree,once you are CONVICTED & have Understanding ,you are then accountable,not before.................I have a few tattoos,reminders,lol    After I had Understanding I wouldn't get one                                                                                With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 3/28/2017 at 5:18 PM, nudgee said:

Why don't you ask his spirit, who lives in you.

an amazingly astute reply-- keep at it, I think you are catching on !!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

This tattoo question comes up a whole bunch of times in here.  I think that the standard answer should be what No124 has posted.  I never heard of it addressed in that way before.  Simple & straightforward. 

Now there is the question about Temporary Tattoos.  Once in a while, mid summer, when I go with my grand kids to a certain water park, they offer those temp styles.  I have gotten one that said USMC and was real proud of it and even protected it by not washing it during a shower.  When it did begin to fade, I just scrubbed it off entirely, because I didn't want to dishonor the Corps by not having it at full glory.  So this was proof to me that tattoos can be self indulgent, because when I was stand in lines to go on a ride, I wanted everyone to know that I was a Marine. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, 1x1is1 said:

This tattoo question comes up a whole bunch of times in here.  I think that the standard answer should be what No124 has posted.  I never heard of it addressed in that way before.  Simple & straightforward. 

Now there is the question about Temporary Tattoos.  Once in a while, mid summer, when I go with my grand kids to a certain water park, they offer those temp styles.  I have gotten one that said USMC and was real proud of it and even protected it by not washing it during a shower.  When it did begin to fade, I just scrubbed it off entirely, because I didn't want to dishonor the Corps by not having it at full glory.  So this was proof to me that tattoos can be self indulgent, because when I was stand in lines to go on a ride, I wanted everyone to know that I was a Marine.

:emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, Andy_d said:

I think it very insulting to religion.

I think it is insulting MOM.jpgto the person who wears it and thinks its a good thing~~

this is a DIY  "MOM"tattoo after to much beer

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:24:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/28/2017 at 6:18 PM, nudgee said:

Why don't you ask his spirit, who lives in you.

I sure like that answer. for this reason:

Romans 14English Standard Version (ESV)

Do Not Pass Judgment on One Another

14 As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. 2 One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. 4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master[a] that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written,

“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me,
    and every tongue shall confess to God.”

12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

For the above guidance I find I should not be judge of  a tattoo of any kind upon a saint in Christ Jesus, nor any other person for that matter. They serve their master. It is to their master they give account, and not to me.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings....

Thousands of years ago a very special people were hand picked by God & H e Called then His Chosen ones.....The Hebrew people were given the very Word of God with very specific instruction ,these instructions were a list of do's & do nots......they were so full of WISDOM far beyond human comprehension,only recently have men realized that the dietary laws for humans described in these Holy Scriptures are perfect  to keep ones body healthy & functioning as best as it possibly can in every way........God did not give man a set of daily instruction without very good Reason,for our best interests,because He Loves His children......

We have seen many replies here that are wonderful,well thought out answers.....covering many reasons why we should not defile the Temple of God,we understand the pagan origins of this practice,we understand that  it was a "do not".......& now let us consider Gods Infinite Wisdom that once again,only recently have men realized that this method of "decorating" ones body has had terrible consequences,like Hepatitis C for one,tattoos having been one of the ways to contract the disease......God Knew these things before the thought ever entered mans mind......it just Amazes me how our Loving Father never leaves any stone unturned in our Daily Life Instriction Book...............His Word,to God be the Glory!                                                           With love-inChrist,Kwik

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

Questions like the one posed on this Thread should be answered  as follows..

1.) Would Jesus want you to do it?

2.) Would it please God for you to do it?

3.)  Does doing it, represent your Faith the way God would best be served?

4.)  Does doing it allow the lost to recognize you as a "Christian"?

5.)  Does doing it offer other believers a righteous path, if they followed your example?

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/12/1974

I don't think I could put it better than @No124get1952 had at the top of this discussion. I had tattoos before giving my life to Christ, none since then, but have considered it. Mainly to get more God glorying art over some of my less reverent ones, but just haven't done it yet.

The bottom line I believe is that as long as you are doing it to glorify Jesus, I can't image Christ having a problem with it. If you have Christians around you that would be offended, I would not show case it to them as it could cause them to stumble.