IGNORED

What is the "First Resurrection" in your view?

BobRyan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

Stong's is a dictionary of usage within the KJV, it is not always accurate and it does not give the actual meaning of Greek words, only the usage in the KJV. Zoe means spititual not biological life, your verse John 1:4 proves that.

But as the text I gave demonstrates Zoe does not mean "not biological life" (Matthew 18:8 is yet another example)- it pertains to situations that have both and also those that have only physical life. Your argument that the actual linguists, the Bible translators, "translate it wrong" is yet to be proven as factual.

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 4/19/2017 at 4:33 AM, Limey_Bob said:

Because the Greek word "Zoē," and not the Greek word "bios," for lived, is used at Revelation 20:5, this word must mean spiritual life, it cannot imply physical life, because the Greek word “bios” from which we get biology implies physical life. 

That is like saying "beverage cannot apply to grape juice because grape juice is the word we use for grape juice". I think Strong's still gets this one right.

Matthew 18:8

If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire.

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 17/04/2017 at 10:43 PM, BobRyan said:

What is "the first resurrection"? Is it when the "dead in Christ rise first"? Is it the resurrection of the "blessed and holy"? the saints? All of them? or just some of them? What is your view?

It appears to me that the "dead in Christ rise first" because they are in the "first resurrection" and over these the 2nd death has no power at all.

Almost all Christian groups agree that Revelation 19 describes the 2nd coming - and that there were no chapter divisions in the Greek text of Revelation as written by John. Revelation 20 starts off then in the context of Revaltion 19 - at the 2nd coming.

(Sorry -- I still don't know how to change the text format to get rid of the double spacing in the Bible quote below)

Revelation 20

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Those included in the "first resurrection"

a. Those who were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God

b. And those which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands

So certainly in the case above - the "First resurrection" includes the saints - possibly "all of the saints" in all of time depending on how far back one finds the "beast" to have had influence and to have persecuted the saints -- since it appears that the second death has power over all who are raised 1000 years later in the second resurrection 

Here is what Paul says about it... the saints do rise first.

1 Thess 4

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 

Your thoughts?

in Christ,

Bob

Dear Bob, 

What you wrote especially the text in revelation are Spirit AND they are invisible and the ones who wrote the bible or the one who wrote revelation was in Spirit. Inoreder to understand the text we have to see what is invisible with human eye but visible in Spirit eye. Non one understand every text in revelation and connect every text together to come up with one long text which will show a path to the father. The world can not see in spirit and that is the big problem we have today.

Edited by Malcomx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Just now, eileenhat said:

Truth comes directly from access to God.  

When two people have the same access, but walk away with different understanding, which is true? 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

13 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

Somewhere along the way....
the truth became unpopular....

:thumbsup:

Asked

Pilate said to him, “What is truth?” After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in him. John 18:38 (English Standard Version)

~

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

What is truth....

:thumbsup:

And Answered

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

10 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

I'd rather not discuss this.

Thank you.  In the future, if you have an issue with how the site is moderated, please contact us.

ok

Edited by Malcomx

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

First resurrection to me is the first fruits from the earth in Rev. 14, they are the first to follow the Lamb withersoever he goeth.

They rule and reign with Christ during the next 1,000 years. 

Revelation 2:26-28
26  And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27  And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28  And I will give him the morning star.

If there was map in front you, and you try to show it to others, you should have broke the map and take the middle part (piece) out and hold it up for the people to see but when people look at it, it will be a broken piece of the whole map. So you need to join it again and take the whole map to show the people so that they can see and must not be confused again.

Edited by Malcomx

18 minutes ago, Malcomx said:

If there was map in front you, and you try to show it to others, you should have broke the map and take the middle part (piece) out and hold it up for the people to see but when people look at it, it will be a broken piece of the whole map. So you need to join it again and take the whole map to show the people so that they can see and must not be confused again.

What the body see is body and what the spirit see is Spirit we must not mix the two different things together and try to explain or find a answer to a question. The world can not see their image on the mirror to identify themselves to know instead pretending to know better which is very bad for them but the time is near.

Edited by Malcomx