• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, other one said:

Why are you starting so many threads on the same subject?

2 minutes ago, other one said:

Why are you starting so many threads on the same subject?

They are not on the same subject, one thread is on Isaiah 9:6, another on John 14:10 and finally one on John 17:5. These texts prove the triune nature of God and refute the Oneness Pentecostal doctrine. I myself was Oneness back in the 1980s and have studied this teaching for 30 years now, I have also debated Oneness Apostolics in audio debates on several occasions. As a former Apostolic, I believe that this teaching is extremely wrong and, so I do  not want people to make the mistake which I once made when I was bullied into this sect.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

4 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

Thank you for your advice, however, I've studied Oneness for 30 years and was Oneness myself at some time. I am not trying to attack anyone, and I have the highest respect for Fridaywinds. However, I know where this is going, unless Fridaywinds agrees to a specific discussion, which is tied to some specific agreed title, then these posts will go around and around in circles with no actual, detailed scriptural discussion ever taking place. So my aim is not to make personal accusations, but to suggest that we EXAMINE the scriptures in a setting and forum, where we both stick to an agreed topic from which both won't deviate from.

You offered to debate her, which would require a soapbox debate.  This has not been addressed to any admin yet, and I am sure she has read your challenge.  If she agrees to your challenge, that is fine.  If not, let it be.  We have had this discussion before.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Just now, OneLight said:

You offered to debate her, which would require a soapbox debate.  This has not been addressed to any admin yet, and I am sure she has read your challenge.  If she agrees to your challenge, that is fine.  If not, let it be.  We have had this discussion before.

OK I will let it drop, but i was at all times polite.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The subject is oneness, using different scriptures so really the subject is the same.  When you get that started you put people in the position of posting the same thing in different places as the threads progress. In the end people get disinterested and things fall apart altogether.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

3 minutes ago, other one said:

The subject is oneness, using different scriptures so really the subject is the same.  When you get that started you put people in the position of posting the same thing in different places as the threads progress. In the end people get disinterested and things fall apart altogether.

I agree and have merged the the new thread with this one.

Limey, please place your sources in one thread instead of creating many threads.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I think I can say I speak for all God fearing Bible believing Christians when I say for those in Christ be not deceived. The adversary roams the world seeking souls to devour. And he especially hopes you don't own your own Bible! :)  Isn't it odd that there are some who argue the Bible is the one sure way to God in some threads here. But in this one they argue that the Bible isn't really telling you that Jesus was God. Not even when Jesus himself said that himself. Watch! Watch! Those that proclaim the Bible and then deny what it says.

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)

Isaiah 44:6 - (God is the Redeemer)
2 Peter 1:1 (Jesus is the Redeemer) - “To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ”

Isaiah 44:24 - (God created the world by Himself alone)
John 1:3; Colossians 1:16 - (Jesus made all things)

John 1:1-3 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made... 1:14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,

John 5:17,18 - “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” Therefore the Jews sought to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 5:23 - that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.”

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 14:6-7 - Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

John 14:9-11 - Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Acts 4:12 - “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Acts 20:28 - (God purchased us with His own blood)
Revelation 1:5-6; Revelation 5:8-9 - (Jesus' blood purchased us)

Philippians 2:5-7 - Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond-servant, and coming in the likeness of men.

Colossians 2:9 - For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily

1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Titus 2:13 - looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Hebrews 1:8-9 - But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Revelation 1:8 - “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 22:13 - “I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”... 22:16 - “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches.”

1 Timothy 6:14-16 - “our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.”

Hebrews 2:17-18 - “Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.”

Hebrews 4:15-16 - “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

1 Peter 2:24 - “who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness - by whose stripes you were healed.”

He went from sovereignty to shame and from deity to death? Why!? For you.
John 15:13 - “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.”
Romans 5:8 - “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 3/31/2017 at 8:40 PM, FresnoJoe said:

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.  John 2:22

And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves. And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead. Mark 9:7-9

AMEN! 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 3/31/2017 at 8:40 PM, FresnoJoe said:

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.  John 2:22

And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves. And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead. Mark 9:7-9

This series of scriptures should be posted every single time antichrist seeks to mislead the Saints of God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 minutes ago, Happinessity said:

This series of scriptures should be posted every single time antichrist seeks to mislead the Saints of God.

That is maybe what the signature part of our account is for.  God give his protection unto his people. It is amazing to me how open the enemy is when he prowls his will and seeks to bring conflict and brew strife among the denominations dedicated to Christ. Satan afoot. Amazing!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

41 minutes ago, Fridaywinds said:

That is maybe what the signature part of our account is for.  God give his protection unto his people. It is amazing to me how open the enemy is when he prowls his will and seeks to bring conflict and brew strife among the denominations dedicated to Christ. Satan afoot. Amazing!

Just a note that some here turn off signatures. Seeing them all the time can be disruptuve.