IGNORED

Trump meets with Muslims, Jews, Pope - who represents all Christians?

BobRyan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

13 minutes ago, 7thseal said:

Christ is the head of the body, all glory will be giving to Him. He represent Himself through us if we're willing to allow Him to to do so.

Exactly, hence we are Ambassadors (2 Corinthians 5:20-21). If we walk in His spirit he can speak through us (not like popes). He did this with prophets of old, and can do so through us as well.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, 7thseal said:

Politics will steer you away from the truth.

True.

So then - the question is what is the least offensive - most accurate way to meet with Christians where someone does not then say "that Christian does not represent me"?

On 5/24/2017 at 6:37 PM, LadyKay said:

He could have met with me. I would love to sit down and have a chat with Mr. Trump.:D

So then -- he meets the Islamic leaders in Saudi Arabia, he meets with Jews in Israel -- then flies to your house and meets with you on behalf of all Christians in the world? Ok but then does that mean all Christians in the world would agree that you represent them?

Guest Judas Machabeus
12 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

Ok but then does that mean all Christians in the world would agree that you represent them?

Ding ding ding!!!

Lady seems very lovely and sweet, but I doubt she would represent me as a Christian. Sorry Lady :(  but as space ambassador I think you would represent me well ;) 

actual Morning Glory posted a list of Protestant groups he's met with. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

10 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Is the command in the Titus scripture made void if he's not a "ruler"? ...

That doesn't answer my question: Does Donald Trump "rule" the United States, i.e., does he govern by right of kingship, or under a constitution with a balance of powers?

11 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Using 'ruler' in the Biblical sense; of course hes the head of the Executive branch but they didn't have those back then.  God just told us not to curse our rulers. We have to equate that with what we have today.  Your question is rhetorical, OS2.

Yes, it certainly was rhetorical as democracies don't often have rulers, i.e., after 1776, we no longer had a constitutional monarchy.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

That doesn't answer my question: Does Donald Trump "rule" the United States, i.e., does he govern by right of kingship, or under a constitution with a balance of powers?

Do you oppose what Romans says also? Or are you of a mind that Christ, God, the Bible, doesn't apply to America and her governance?

Romans 13:1-7 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Yes, it certainly was rhetorical as democracies don't often have rulers, i.e., after 1776, we no longer had a constitutional monarchy.

We do have a Constitutional Republic. 

59 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

We do have a Constitutional Republic. 

With a president, not a ruler with absolute powers in spite of Trump' s claim to have "absolute authority" as president to declassify secret material?

1 hour ago, PlanetChee said:

Do you oppose what Romans says also? Or are you of a mind that Christ, God, the Bible, doesn't apply to America and her governance?....

Making baseless assumptions about me still doesn't address my question: Does Donald Trump "rule" the United States, i.e., does he govern by (divine) right of kingship?

After all, who ever heard of impeaching a king?

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

With a president, not a ruler with absolute powers in spite of Trump' s claim to have "absolute authority" as president to declassify secret material?

He never said that.   You are adding to what he said.  You need to tell the truth.