• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

YLT
and wherever he was going, to villages, or cities, or fields, in the market-places

they were laying the infirm, and were calling upon him,

that they may touch if it were but the fringe of his garment,

and as

many as were touching him were

saved.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I agree (if I understand you correctly). This is why I have a huge issue with "you can judge someone by the fruit they bare". This is far to common a statement here. Someone that is just starting their walk is not likely to bare the same fruit as someone that has been growing in the Lord for many years. Another problem is that when you (royal you not Steven specifically) judge that person you don't truely know them or their walk. Unless you can read minds and spend 24/7 with someone, we should not be "judging" at all.

sorry, that hit my go button. Bit of a rant, and now back to our scheduled programming ;)

The Lord has given us the responsibility to examine the vines for fruit

Matthew 7:16 (KJV)

[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

and to warn if it isn't seen :) 
BUT we are not able to see the heart- only The Lord thus final judgment is with Him who can....
Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,434
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Faith.  How does one  aquire it?. It is the key component . Answer that question and you have your answer.   Faith is just not to be bypassed easily as in the process of obtaining that Faith, your spiritual eyes are opened and therefore the scripture becomes alive and essentially the veil that you had, was removed so you can now see clearly and comprehend what the carnal world cannot.    

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

What is the process of becoming Christian. I know you must confess Jesus as your Lord and saviour.

Believe the gospel, repent and accept Jesus in your heart and life, which will allow Him to do the transformation in you. Live according to the Spirit, worship God in Spirit and in truth.

"But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." - John 4:23-24

We can say we are Christian, we can say we follow Jesus, we can say we love God, we can say whatever we want. But God knows our heart, what is inside it, what we do when no one is looking, and if his Spirit is in us or not.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

If we live according to the flesh we cannot please God.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

There are many false Christians out there, people who call themselves Christian, but their heart is actually far from God.

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?" - Matthew 7:15-20

Glory to God!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

4 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

But the actually convertion can be private. It does not have to be a public event like an alter call or testimony given. 

God revealed His Presence to me, and that He was aware of me and cared for me while I was in my bedroom and observing a thunderstorm.  Later He revealed my sin to me and drew me to ask Him to forgive me.  He showed me that He would forgive me because the Bible reveals that Jesus loves me.  From there I was drawn to read the Bible.  Church was not involved in all of this.    If anything it had been a hinderance and full of meaningless false information.  Later I did publicly confess that I had chosen to follow Jesus and accepted Him as my Lord and Savior, and was immersed.  But I was being taught that He was a good man, God's Son, and an example.  It was another year before I learned that He is God in human flesh, Creator, and Redeemer.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

What is the process of becoming Christian. I know you must confess Jesus as your Lord and saviour. I know you have to have faith thats he is God and died for our sins. 

Ive heard of altar calls, I've heard of conversation tents at county fairs. I've heard of giving testimony in front of a congregation. 

Heres my question. Do you have to have a public profession of faith to be Christian or can it be done privately?

It can be done privately. God hears our every prayer even if it is silent.

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Do you have to have a public profession of faith to be Christian or can it be done privately?

I'v always been told you should. And that being baptize was part of the public profession of faith.   I am only posting what I have been told is true. I  will read though the post to see what others  have to say. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I believe one can be saved, and become Christian, simply by praying to Jesus to come into their heart, by declaring Him as Savior and repenting of sin.  We are to confess with our mouths that we are saved and I think that follows naturally.  At least it did for me.  I don't believe one has to be saved in church to be a Christian. 

4 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

What Im trying to understand is can someone say the sinners prayer at home alone and that's enough. 

I think it would be enough. I think that if a person was about to die and at the last moment they say the prayer, I think they would be with Jesus when they die. I think that the public  profession is your next step in your new life walking with Jesus. It is like you don't want to just do enough. You want to have more of God. It is all a part of the growing in your faith. You don't just stop at the prayer and never grow beyond that moment. You are made a new creature in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17) So I think that the public profession how ever you can go about doing it, rather with your family, friends or your church, is all part of you growing more in Christ and becoming this new creature. 

I think that someone logging onto this forum and posting that they have now accepted Christ into their heart would be consider a public profession of faith.