• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, nickm727 said:

absolutely. 

Mathew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you

God is good all the time :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

God is good all the time :)

Very true. but then theres the question of "Why do bad things happen in this world". We cant forget that Satan moves in Spirit as well and without direction from our Lord Christ we can fail this test of a life. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

52 minutes ago, nickm727 said:

Very true. but then theres the question of "Why do bad things happen in this world". We cant forget that Satan moves in Spirit as well and without direction from our Lord Christ we can fail this test of a life. 

a lot of bad things stem from someone's free will...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

4 hours ago, nickm727 said:

Two things I think about quite often:

(1) God never puts anything on us or makes us go through something too big for us that will absolutely destroy us.

(2) God puts us through trials that are just out of our capability of handling/solving so we learn to count on Him to bring us through.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/5/2019 at 5:07 PM, angels4u said:

Head Knowledge vs Heart Knowledge

by Mike Mobley

“Self-salvation through good works may produce a great deal of moral behaviour in your life, but inside you are miserable. You are always comparing yourself to other people, and you are never sure you are being good enough. You cannot therefore, deal with your hideousness and self-absorption through the moral law, by trying to be a good person through an act of the will. You need a complete transformation of the very motives of your heart.” – Tim Keller, The Reason for God

When you hear about Jesus, what comes to mind? Who is Jesus to you? Depending on where you live, chances are you might have heard the Gospel before. Even now as you read this you might be saying to yourself “bla bla bla, yes I know the Gospel…move on to the next topic.” When it comes to Jesus, do you know Him in your head or in your heart?

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6

Would you say you know Jesus in your head or in your heart?

Tweet Quote

We can fill up our heads with knowledge all day long. From reading the internet, studying books, watching TV, listening to music, and having conversations with others, it’s amazing to think how much goes into our heads each day. What would it mean though for us to apply these things to our hearts? When we apply something to our heart, it becomes very real for us at that point. It drives our minds, emotions, and affections towards whatever that thing or someone is.

Heart Knowledge

Jonathan Edwards from his sermon Divine and Supernatural Light has a great illustration to make this point using honey. He says, “your mind can know honey is sweet, people can tell you it’s sweet, you’ve read books about it, etc. but if you haven’t actually tasted it, you know with your head, but not with your heart. When you actually taste it, you experience it for yourself, you know it in a full way, and you can know it in your heart.”

Knowing with your heart however, is not to be confused by being led with your emotions. That is not what I’m talking about here. You obviously still learn things with your head. For example, we can definitely have head knowledge, and not have the heart knowledge to go along with it. However, it’s impossible to know things in our hearts, but not in our heads. When it comes to the Gospel, yes, we need to learn in our heads what Jesus has done for us, but more importantly, we need to learn this in our hearts. It needs to become real to us, personally. That’s exactly what happened to me when I realized that Jesus died for me.

A good way to think about this for yourself is when you read the Bible, pray, or when you’re involved in the local body (the Church), are you doing all of this out of an obligation to God to pay Him back for something or to earn your way? Or, instead, are you doing all these things because of an overflow of gratitude of what He has done for you? Are you loving Jesus with your heart or head?

Head Knowledge

When we say things like “I know God loves me, but I hate myself” or “I know God wants me to be generous, but I just can’t do it,” we are stating truths about God from our head and using that knowledge, but there is a lack of understanding in our heart. If we knew God truly loved us, we wouldn’t hate ourselves. God’s love would be so real to us that we would see ourselves the way He sees us, through His son, as an adopted child. If we knew God truly wanted us to be generous, we would joyfully give our money, time, and possessions back to Him and anyone in need. Especially because He first loved us (1 John 4:19).

So where are you in this? If you haven’t been using heart knowledge, there is no need be feel guilty or condemned (Romans 8:1). Pray to God, ask Him to search your heart, test your thoughts, guide you into understanding that what Jesus has done for you is very real and personal. Make a decision to become a follower of Christ today and to realize that you are forgiven by God through Christ.

“Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!” – Psalm 139:23-24

Question: When it comes to Jesus, do you know Him personally, in your head or in your heart?

https://www.beforethecross.com/devotionals/head-knowledge-vs-heart-knowledge/

The mind thinks, the heart believes.

Romans 10:10   "for with the HEART you believe and God accepts this FAITH to Give you the righteousness of Christ".   "justification by FAITH (heart)"... 

This is God's Grace.   Its God wanting your HEART, so that when you give it to Him, (this is your faith), He gives you SALVATION.

There are no works involved in this, as God does not accept your works, He accepts the CROSS, and He accepts your HEART.   = Faith.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

4 hours ago, Behold said:

The mind thinks, the heart believes.

Romans 10:10   "for with the HEART you believe and God accepts this FAITH to Give you the righteousness of Christ".   "justification by FAITH (heart)"... 

This is God's Grace.   Its God wanting your HEART, so that when you give it to Him, (this is your faith), He gives you SALVATION.

There are no works involved in this, as God does not accept your works, He accepts the CROSS, and He accepts your HEART.   = Faith.

If God wanted our heart, He would have shown in the whole testimony of the scriptures, for what this new covenant actually is.

Firstly, all we have, we received, it was not our own heart. We also receive the mind of Christ, so heart and mind are one. 

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Our own heart, and eyes connected to our mind, we use for evil. It takes a heart that will fear the Lord, to keep all of the Lords commandments always, and keeping His commandments is loving the Lord, and is only by your whole heart and all your soul. But we need our heart to be made inclined towards God. We see in the first covenant they did not have their hearts turned towards the Lord, they only flattered and pretended. Their heart was not right with Him, they broke the covenant. They walked only after the imagination of their evil heart. Then the new covenant, no defiling any more with their defiling, they get cleansed, and they then walk in His judgements and do them.

Numbers 15:39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the Lord, and do them ; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:

Deuteronomy 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Deuteronomy 11:13 And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deuteronomy 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

Joshua 22:5 But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

1 Kings 8:58 That he may incline our hearts unto him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, which he commanded our fathers.

Psalm 78:37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.

Jeremiah 11:8 Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their ear, but walked every one in the imagination of their evil heart: therefore I will bring upon them all the words of this covenant, which I commanded them to do: but they did them not.

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Ezekiel 37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

The uncircumcised in heart are not accepted. They have no fear of God placed into them, or that soft new heart.  Then they seek the Lord with the whole heart, and their heart God makes enlarged, shedding the love of God into us, to keep His covenant to remember His commandments to do them, and the uncircumcision keep the righteousness that is the law of Christ, their heart circumcised now, in the Spirit of Christ, putting off the body of the sins to have the trespasses forgiven.

Ezekiel 44:7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.

Psalm 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Psalm 119:32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

Psalm 103:18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

So God neither wants our heart nor our faith, He gives all, the heart and the faith of Christ, and the cross is the work of Christ, and all this is the whole bible, to do to others is the law and the prophets, this ias to believe on Him, or we believe in what ? So the Son did as the Father gave commandment, as we do too. The works also reveal their sin so they have no hiding place, this is the work of the cross, this is why they crucified Christ on the cross, and risen with Him is through the Holy Spirit so we now be Holy as the Lord is Holy, to be justified and glorified through the love of Christ in us towards everyone just as He worked....

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

John 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, gordon7777 said:

If God wanted our heart,

Our own heart, and eyes connected to our mind, we use for evil. It takes a heart that will fear the Lord, to keep all of the Lords commandments always, and keeping His commandments is loving the Lord, and is only by your whole heart and all your soul. But we need our heart to be made inclined towards God. We see in the first covenant they did not have their hearts turned towards the Lord, they only flattered and pretended. Their heart was not right with Him, they broke the covenant. They walked only after the imagination of their evil heart. Then the new covenant, no defiling any more with their defiling, they get cleansed, and they then walk in His judgements and do them.

God accepts your Faith, to save you,  And your faith comes from your heart, "as with the HEART you believe UNTO Salvation".

Faith does not come from your head.  Its comes from your heart.

And if you are trying to teach predestination theology, just remember that Calvin is a heretic, and so is his theology, .... so you might want to consider this before you continue to teach hyper-Calvanism.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 5/5/2019 at 6:31 PM, Margo73 said:

I do understand all that, angels4u, but believe me, it would be nice to have some feeling .. lol .. thanks for responding .. God bless 

It really would. Feelings help to generate that head knowledge.. i wish I had those feelings as well.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

19 hours ago, Behold said:

God accepts your Faith, to save you,  And your faith comes from your heart, "as with the HEART you believe UNTO Salvation".

Faith does not come from your head.  Its comes from your heart.

And if you are trying to teach predestination theology, just remember that Calvin is a heretic, and so is his theology, .... so you might want to consider this before you continue to teach hyper-Calvanism.

our heart is deceitful, none sought God..

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

As for predestination, Calvin means little to me, or any way of anyone. But for sure, the heart of man was no good to the Lord, neither his mind, nor his spirit, and no faith came from them, show where it is testified it does ? It is testified not one sought God, this proves we need Christs faith to bring us to the Lord, we are redeemed through Him, not through ourselves..

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/20/2019 at 4:29 PM, Figure of eighty said:

It really would. Feelings help to generate that head knowledge.. i wish I had those feelings as well.

No - feelings and emotions are not reliable - they are fickle, and go up and down on a whim.  Feelings and emotions CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be used nor trusted.

PEACE,  the PEACE OF CHRIST,  and JOY,  JOY in union with JESUS TODAY,  indicate His Presence and Salvation.

PEACE AND JOY ! The Ekklesia have been FULL OF PEACE AND JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS DAILY,

as written in Scripture.   If peace and joy and righteousness is lacking,   find out why and correct it. (wrong and false doctrines and teachings and practices

ROB many religious including roman catholics every day of truth, and keep them from receiving peace and joy and righteousness in Jesus.   As Jesus Says Clearly,  SEEK FIRST GOD'S KINGDOM and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS (not man's ways),   and KEEP SEEKING GOD'S KINGDOM ALWAYS,  and all these things, every good gift from above,  will by yours freely and without measure - without end.

• Loved it! 1