• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,700
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, luigi said:

Hi Charlie, As the events in Daniel 8 and 11 are set to occur during the end times as indicated in Daniel 8:17 & 19; and 12:4 & 9, how then do you figure the Lord is to come and eliminate animal sacrifices as the daily sacrifice, when there are no animal sacrifices today?

Thanks Luigi... I think I see your point... and please make sure I do...... You believe the verses in Daniel 8:13 are "end times" events... If that were true, there is no way my comments could apply, however, 8:13 speaks to the total time the Messiah "would" take to eliminate the daily sacrifice during the last week of Daniel - which is not in the future. The total 70 weeks were completed - nothing placed into the future. The Messiah would complete and fulfill ALL of His requirements during the final 7 year period of the 70 weeks. The entire 490 year prophecy was fulfilled and completed in three sections: the land, the people and the coming Messiah. 

I may not be on the same page as you but there are two periods within Daniel: the end times - which refer to the end of days and His second coming. The other period is the latter days which include all the events and things fulfilled by the Messiah before the end of the 490 year prophecy. Short term - coming Messiah and the things He will fulfill (eliminate the daily sacrifice and cleanse the sanctuary since He is our High Priest), and the Long term - this would encompass those events from the crucifixion to His second coming - yes there will ALWAYS be wars and rumors of wars, etc., but the most important war He is interested in is the spiritual battle - those of us who will accept and obey His Word and that He is the Messiah v those that do not. That is the real battle for our souls - the papacy or little horn would come to power and corrupt His Word and even claim to be God on earth. Those who follow this person and organization are clearly against Jesus. He is the one who came to power by way of blandishments - and not from war (of course, once in power, he would certainly destroy and kill many through by the sword). 

Not sure I understand you references of 12:4 and 12:9 - they both seem to tell Daniel to "shut up" or "seal up" the words... until the time of the end.  This means to me the following:  If you look at all the interpretations since Augustine to the contemporary scholars (many), they essentially all believe the same thing and have very similar interpretations. They include Antiochus and two of the Greek kingdoms (after Alexander) and apply them to much of Daniel's verses. They continue to search for another one of man's kings or generals and their respective conflicts to match Daniel's verses.  This is all in error along with more than a few other interpretations linked to the 10 kingdoms, 3 plucked up, etc. (they all attempt to match these verses to man). Instead, they should look into these verses as they apply and relate to the Messiah - it is a completely different approach and way of interpreting the most difficult and enigmatic verses in Daniel. It is very easy for anyone (even myself) to understand and match the first 3 kingdoms to man's events and kings, but the fourth kingdom does not or should not follow this same approach. The battle moves from the physical to the spiritual and this means it must be interpreted as between two groups: those that are in Christ and those that oppose Him. Example: Instead of interpreting 8:13 or 9:27 as being associated with one of man's actors (Antiochus) or a series of events which are placed into the future, we should identify how this directly relates or speaks of the coming Messiah - it does.  God has allowed Daniel to give us a history lesson BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY HAPPENED, - first 3 kingdoms, but He begins to reveal the future of His first coming (and what He will fulfill) in the remaining verses of Daniel - specifically beginning in the later section of chapter 8. He is revealing things that will no longer be concerned with man and his typical warring and conflicts - over and done with.  He is revealing His history coming in the next 500 years or so. This is the most important event in man's history -ever! He is not going to continue talking / revealing to us another war or minor king / general like Antiochus.  

So, why did I write the paragraph just above - I firmly believe that the TRUE interpretations of Daniel that speak of the then coming Messiah, the coming of the little horn after His crucifixion, the corruption of His Word by the same, and the battle for those that will not accept the "traditions" and "changes" to His Word and Laws.  In these last days, He is going to allow us to see the TRUE interpretations and Daniel's words will be unsealed and made known.  

By the way, I also have to apologize -- I have NO understanding of Revelation --- yet. I have been told to fully understand Daniel before going to Revelation. So, if I am finding a very different set of interpretations - those that speak or reveal the Messiah in Daniel's verses instead of some minor Greek horrible general, those new interpretations will / should  / must also apply and "fit" with Revelation. Consequently, I need to understand Daniel before moving on.  I have completed the first 10 chapters but I have spent over 1 month on chapter 11 and can not get any traction - it is so difficult and I do not have the historical knowledge - I think I can see some mile markers in some of these verses but I am having so much difficulty. 

If you are a student of chapter 11, I really would welcome your help! For example:  I have the little horn as the one in verse 21....I don't or can not identify the 2 kings in 27.  Is the king of the north in verse 15 Titus who surrounded Jerusalem or perhaps Constantine who surrounded Rome?

I am so lost in 11.  Thanks so much for reading this and best wishes always, Charlie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

That is the real battle for our souls - the papacy or little horn would come to power and corrupt His Word and even claim to be God on earth.

Charlie,  not the papacy/pope.    The pope is not qualified to be (even in the false sense) the King of Israel (instead of Jesus), the Antichrist, because (1) he is not a Jew (2) not descended from David (3) his religion is not Judaism.    

The Antichrist person will be thought by the Jews to be the messiah, the promised King of Israel, descended from David, which they made the mistake of rejecting Jesus as being their king.

John 12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Mark 15:2 And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto him, Thou sayest it.

Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

The end times prophecies all are hinged on the person (the Antichrist) becoming the King of Israel for awhile.

little horn (king 7 of Revelation 17:10) - leader of the end times Roman Empire, the EU, who becomes the prince who shall come following Gog/Magog.

the Antichrist - the prince who shall come will be anointed the King of Israel, by the false prophet.

the revealed man of sin - the Antichrist commits the transgression of desolation, ends his time as the King of Israel.

the beast (king 8 of Revelation 17:11) - the revealed man of sin will then be  killed and brought back to life becoming the beast in Revelation,  dictator of the end times Roman Empire, the EU.

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

12 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Thanks Luigi... I think I see your point... and please make sure I do...... You believe the verses in Daniel 8:13 are "end times" events... If that were true, there is no way my comments could apply, however, 8:13 speaks to the total time the Messiah "would" take to eliminate the daily sacrifice during the last week of Daniel - which is not in the future. The total 70 weeks were completed - nothing placed into the future. The Messiah would complete and fulfill ALL of His requirements during the final 7 year period of the 70 weeks. The entire 490 year prophecy was fulfilled and completed in three sections: the land, the people and the coming Messiah. 

Good morning Charlie744, 

According to Gabriel the events shown Daniel in regards to the he goat and ram, and the little horn who would spring from one of the four horns that secede from the primary horn of the he goat, are events set to occur during the end times.

Daniel 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision

19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

Not sure I understand you references of 12:4 and 12:9 - they both seem to tell Daniel to "shut up" or "seal up" the words... until the time of the end.  This means to me the following:  If you look at all the interpretations since Augustine to the contemporary scholars (many), they essentially all believe the same thing and have very similar interpretations. They include Antiochus and two of the Greek kingdoms (after Alexander) and apply them to much of Daniel's verses. 

According to the angel, the events shown Daniel in chapters 11 and 12 are events set to occur during the end times. When Daniel wanted to know what these things shown him meant (Daniel 12:8), he was told to go his way, but that the words were sealed until the time of the end (Daniel 12:9), at which time when people would be running to and fro inquiring what these things meant were, their knowledge in regards to these events would then increase (Daniel 12:4). We are now in these final times when our knowledge on what these events truly represent is set to increase.

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

By the way, I also have to apologize -- I have NO understanding of Revelation --- yet. I have been told to fully understand Daniel before going to Revelation. So, if I am finding a very different set of interpretations - those that speak or reveal the Messiah in Daniel's verses instead of some minor Greek horrible general, those new interpretations will / should  / must also apply and "fit" with Revelation. Consequently, I need to understand Daniel before moving on.  I have completed the first 10 chapters but I have spent over 1 month on chapter 11 and can not get any traction - it is so difficult and I do not have the historical knowledge - I think I can see some mile markers in some of these verses but I am having so much difficulty. 

If you are a student of chapter 11, I really would welcome your help! For example:  I have the little horn as the one in verse 21....I don't or can not identify the 2 kings in 27.  Is the king of the north in verse 15 Titus who surrounded Jerusalem or perhaps Constantine who surrounded Rome?

I am so lost in 11.  Thanks so much for reading this and best wishes always, Charlie

Charlie, you really should read the book of Revelation, as much of the material therein goes hand in hand with the data in Daniel. Be forewarned, however, do not expect to immediately understand what much of the material in Revelation means as it uses many metaphors in describing end time events as does the book of Daniel.

There are three areas in the Bible with unique reference to the duration of a particular series of events. In Daniel 7:25 Daniel is informed of a little horn, who having a mouth speaking great things, will be allotted a time (1), times (2), and dividing of time (1/2), in which span of time he will wear out the saints. 

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

In regards to the events shown Daniel in chapters 11 and 12, one angel informs another angel that the events shown will occur over the duration of a time, times, and an half. 

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

In Revelation 12:14, a woman flees to the wilderness where she is fed truth, for a time (1), times (2), and half a time (1/2), totaling 3.5 times. This 3.5 period of time in which the woman is fed truth away from the lies coming from Satan are explained representing 1,260 days (Revelation 12:6), thereby designating each time as 360 days (1,260/3.5=360). 

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The 1,260 days (3.5 times), which are the same as 42 months we see awarded to the mouth of the beast (Revelation 13:5), in which time he overcomes the saints (Revelation 13:7). 

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 

Charlie, I hope you can see the correlation between all these scriptures representing end time events, as it is the Lord who provides us this unique set of references to time so that we may increase in knowledge about these events and acknowledge their truth. 

13 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

There are two main factions in Daniel 11, the Northern kingdom, metaphorically represented as Greece, and the Southern kingdom, metaphorically represented as Persia. These entities representing end time events according to the angel in Daniel 12:4 & 9, we see again as the ram of two horns representing the lands of Media and Persia, and the rough he goat representing the first king of Greece (Daniel 8:20-21), both of whom the angel Gabriel informs Daniel represent end time events (Daniel 8:17 & 19).

Daniel 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.

21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

With these events set to occur during the end times and the lands of Media and Persia not in existence today, Media and Persia would then be metaphors representing Iraq and Iran which now occupy the lands Media and Persia occupied in the past when this data was presented to Daniel.

The land of Greece (representing the rough he goat) though in existence today does not meet the criteria in which the he goat traverses the whole world from the west without touching the ground to annihilate both Iraq and Iran (Daniel 8:5 & 7). 

Daniel 8:5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.

As the actual nation of Greece is relatively next door to Iraq and Iran and would therefore not traverse the whole earth from the west without touching the ground to annihilate Iraq and Iran; we then recognize Greece being a metaphor for a land comparable to that of ancient Greece when these data were provided Daniel.

Greece was where democracy originated; and in the 6th century BC was the technologically most advanced nation among its peers. When we then incorporate these criteria with that of the he goat, we have a Democratic technologically advanced nation who having a notable horn (military), traverses the whole earth from the west without touching the ground (via sea and air), who totally annihilates the lands of Iraq and Iran.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Days Won:  5

Charlie 744

Hello brother.  Do you believe in dual prophesies?  The actual physical advent for Israel, and the repeat of history in the latter days?

For example, the king of Babylon back then was Nebuchadnezzar or Nebuchadrezzar (same one).  His land was the physical kingdom of Babylon.  When prophesies refer to the end time fulfillment's, and the king of Babylon is mentioned, God is speaking in the spirit to those who can hear... referring to Satan, the real king behind it all, and his land which is the system of the world, spiritually called Babylon.   God will use the old characters names of history as a metaphor to represent the now. 

This can cause some confusion because many will say a particular prophecy is history,..and we can say, yes that happened for them up to a certain point, but the extra details and clues given surrounding that prophecy refer to the end times, therefore there's a duality but on a larger scale and speaking in the spirit of a repeat but with the finale.

Your post has got me looking into this for past two weeks, going over what I already understand and looking for cracks in my own theory.  In other words, double checking everything carefully and going over with a fine tooth comb.  I think I have come closer to understanding when the 2300 days actually starts.  I will explain if you want to hear it, because it may not be short.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:43 AM, luigi said:

Good morning Charlie744, 

According to Gabriel the events shown Daniel in regards to the he goat and ram, and the little horn who would spring from one of the four horns that secede from the primary horn of the he goat, are events set to occur during the end times.

Daniel 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision

19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

Luigi,thank you for your comment! I believe the little horn will come from out of one of the four winds or territories... in this case the area of Rome. The little horn will come out of the 4th kingdom - the beast that can not be compared to a specific animal.  This would not be someone between the transition period or silent period of the 3rd and 4th kingdom. Most commentators do identify Antiochus as the little horn but he was simply a very minor and insignificant, although quite evil to the Jews, actor between the final two kingdoms and is not part of or comes from out of the beast.  Also, I do not believe there are "four horns" here - there are only 10 horns and another who will spring up to pluck out 3.  After Alexander's death, his empire was sectioned  into 4 territories  - not horns. The little horn will come on seen to corrupt the Word of God. For me this is clearly the papacy who will continue until the second coming. Thanks so much Luigi for your thoughts, Charlie

On 2/22/2020 at 6:39 AM, luigi said:

Charlie, you really should read the book of Revelation, as much of the material therein goes hand in hand with the data in Daniel. Be forewarned, however, do not expect to immediately understand what much of the material in Revelation means as it uses many metaphors in describing end time events as does the book of Daniel.

There are three areas in the Bible with unique reference to the duration of a particular series of events. In Daniel 7:25 Daniel is informed of a little horn, who having a mouth speaking great things, will be allotted a time (1), times (2), and dividing of time (1/2), in which span of time he will wear out the saints. 

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

In regards to the events shown Daniel in chapters 11 and 12, one angel informs another angel that the events shown will occur over the duration of a time, times, and an half. 

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

In Revelation 12:14, a woman flees to the wilderness where she is fed truth, for a time (1), times (2), and half a time (1/2), totaling 3.5 times. This 3.5 period of time in which the woman is fed truth away from the lies coming from Satan are explained representing 1,260 days (Revelation 12:6), thereby designating each time as 360 days (1,260/3.5=360). 

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The 1,260 days (3.5 times), which are the same as 42 months we see awarded to the mouth of the beast (Revelation 13:5), in which time he overcomes the saints (Revelation 13:7). 

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 

Charlie, I hope you can see the correlation between all these scriptures representing end time events, as it is the Lord who provides us this unique set of references to time so that we may increase in knowledge about these events and acknowledge their truth. 

Luigi, thanks again and I agree with you! Unfortunately, I have been told that I must understand Daniel before I move to Revelation. Revelation will use much of Daniel so if Daniel is not properly interpreted, then Revelation will be misinterpreted. An unfortunately, I believe there is much in Daniel that has been misinterpreted so far.... specifically,

2300 days, 

times, times and 1/2 times,

10 horns,

little horn,

3 plucked up,

1290 days,

1335 days,

identification of "he" in 9:27,

identification of the "covenant" also in chapter 9,

Unfortunately, I am having so much difficulty with understanding / interpreting chapter 11 - I can not seem to get any traction. The ONLY person / identify that I believe I have locked down is in verse 21  - this vile person is none other than the "little horn". Now if that is true, I thought I would be able to at least determine the actors and events between verse 5 and 20... but I have not yet been successful.  No matter how hard I try and have gone through so many iterations, I am still lost.  There is no question in my mind that verse 5 begins with the 4th kingdom (pagan Rome) but I do not know when it starts - does this start just after the crucifixion, or around the time of Constantine, or sometime a little later between the transition of pagan to papal Rome (little horn).  As mentioned above, almost everyone identifies Antiochus and his time period -- that is something that can not be - the verse in chapter 11 should speak to those actors / events that affect the final kingdom / battles between God and the little horn. God is not interested in simply giving us a history lesson of the pagan Roman conflicts or wars or struggles - we can get them in our history books.  We need to try and identify those actors / events that will hinder / corrupt His Word.....  that is where He is going to spend His very valuable prophetic capital in the last 2 chapters of Daniel. Hope this makes some sense, thanks again for the willingness / consideration to discuss this great subject... Charlie

On 2/22/2020 at 10:36 PM, Sister said:

Charlie 744

Hello brother.  Do you believe in dual prophesies?  The actual physical advent for Israel, and the repeat of history in the latter days?

For example, the king of Babylon back then was Nebuchadnezzar or Nebuchadrezzar (same one).  His land was the physical kingdom of Babylon.  When prophesies refer to the end time fulfillment's, and the king of Babylon is mentioned, God is speaking in the spirit to those who can hear... referring to Satan, the real king behind it all, and his land which is the system of the world, spiritually called Babylon.   God will use the old characters names of history as a metaphor to represent the now. 

This can cause some confusion because many will say a particular prophecy is history,..and we can say, yes that happened for them up to a certain point, but the extra details and clues given surrounding that prophecy refer to the end times, therefore there's a duality but on a larger scale and speaking in the spirit of a repeat but with the finale.

Your post has got me looking into this for past two weeks, going over what I already understand and looking for cracks in my own theory.  In other words, double checking everything carefully and going over with a fine tooth comb.  I think I have come closer to understanding when the 2300 days actually starts.  I will explain if you want to hear it, because it may not be short.

Are you kidding?  Of course I would love to hear your thoughts on the 2300 days. To answer or respond to your first comment or question, there is absolutely no doubt that God is more than capable of using His Words that can have a double meaning. If fact, I believe we are quite lucky if we are able to see just 2 meanings  --- I honestly believe He has constructed the Scriptures so they are ALL joined together in some fashion ... we are just not capable of seeing them. 

But regarding the 2300 days... when I first started reading Daniel and all the interpretations surrounding this time period, it became clear that I had NO idea what this meant. But I also read just about all the interpretations out there - the Adventist view of applying a day for year principle for every time period in prophecy and the 2300 (years) began at the same time as Daniel's 70 week period. Almost all others tie this time period to Antiochus - whether on a day time scale or even on a year time scale - I believe Clarke himself believes the 2300 years ends in 1966 ...... So I came away with the realization that NO ONE understands this period!  After a few weeks of using years, days, even 1/2 days (1150 days or 1/2 of 2300 that some contend), I could not find a proper beginning or ending for this period. It was frustrating!

I then asked God to help me with this since there is no amount of gray matter in my head that could break this code! Well, the bottom line is that He subconsciously, yet quite noticeable if you will, directed me to tear up all my work / papers and start with a clean sheet of paper. Essentially, ignoring the 2300 time element, He simply wanted me to focus on two things: Who or what is the most important person or event we SHOULD expect to find within His very valuable prophetic books -- He has already provided us with a very valuable history lesson on the  kingdoms of man (getting our attention that He can show us the future of man's activities). Now He wants to reveal to us what will take place ... soon... the most important event that will ever occur on earth - His coming of the Messiah. He is done showing us man's kingdoms and how we will ALWAYS conduct ourselves in a world without Him (first 3 kingdoms - regardless of the empire, whether Babylon, Greece, Germany, the US, Russia, etc., nothing will change. He doesn't have to list out all the many kingdoms after His crucifixion until His second coming - all the same except for those who will have Him as our King and we belong to His Kingdom.  So, if He is the most important figure within these last few chapters in Daniel, we should be willing and able to find Him in these verses - not an Antiochus or have it relate or refer to another one of man's typical conflicts, wars or actors in power...  His prophetic capital is much to important to have them apply to mere mortal men and their expected / typical behavior.... been there, done that! They must speak about Him. 

Consequently, I simply asked what does the 2300 days and mornings speak about.....  nothing more. I came up with two things: the purpose of Him giving us the "days and mornings" phrase was not to try and trick us or make this impossible to define. It is simply placed there to ensure we identify this with the sacrificial process of killing a spotless lamb at 9 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon.  It is pretty hard to misinterpret this --- yet everyone has and this is because we all try to look at these verses at a 6 foot level - man's level of actors or activities that we might be able to match. But Daniel is speaking of the coming Messiah -especially all of chapter 9. The Messiah will complete at least 3 things:  He will serve as our High Priest for the final week of Daniel - the last 7 Passovers in Daniel's 70th week, He will serve as the spotless / Passover Lamb, and He will cleanse the Temple since the High Priest can NOT enter the Holy of Holies without first being cleansed himself. Jesus will obey all the laws found in Leviticus regarding these 3 things. 

I don't know if you have read my opinion earlier to one of the other individuals who have been kind enough to offer their time and opinion on this particular subject, but the 2300 days represents the time period where the Messiah would serve as our High Priest for the 7 Passover feasts - which is calculated from the first day of His baptism by John until the day of the final Passover  (the 7th in Daniel's last week). That calculates as follows: 6.5 years at 360 days per year or 2340 days. Because Jesus had to be cleansed before He could serve as our High Priest, He had to immediately go into the Judean desert to be tempted by Satan for 40 days. Of course He succeeded and was cleansed and now could serve as our High Priest. Consequently, those 40 days of cleansing would be subtracted from the 2340 and arrive exactly at 2300. Now He would / could and did cleanse the sanctuary. Unfortunately, after Daniel 8:13, we also find that in chapter 9, the Messiah would be cut off in the midst of the week (70th week). Would He therefore be deemed to NOT  have fulfilled one of His most important missions in Daniel's prophecy and thus cause the Scriptures to be found in error?  NO, this could never happen! But He would complete / fulfill these 3 things (completely). He certainly would be the Passover Lamb, He would serve as our High Priest and He would cleanse the sanctuary once and for all - the Temple would no longer be of any consequence UNLESS you did not believe Jesus was the Messiah.

Despite that we "cut him off" within 3.5 years of the 7 year final week, He would be heard saying on the cross:

Father forgive them for they know not what they have done -- even though we did not allow Him the full 7 years on earth where He would fulfill His mission, He would still request the Father to forgive us, and,

It is finished - again, He had declared that His mission / those things He came to fulfill even though we cut Him off were completed - they were finished. 

There is no one more important that the coming Messiah and He uses Daniel to reveal Him to us. We just have to look for Him in these final two chapters.

Sister, so sorry for the long winded response, but once I got going on this wonderful prophetic verse and what I sincerely believe is an interpretation from God (no, He did not speak to me  or nor did I see Him... but He did hear my prayers!).  Please do not hesitate to respond - even if you do not agree - no problem! 

Also, as I may have mentioned, I am so lost with chapter 11... I need help. I am using the same approach with 11 as I have done with the first 10 chapters but at this time I am stumped! Maybe you might be interested in helping me with my unusual approach?

I believe the ONLY verse 21 is identified. I believe the vile person is indeed the little horn of the 4th kingdom (papacy). Consequently, verse 5 should be the beginning of the pagan Rome period which will soon transition to papal Rome - revealing the little horn. So, there maybe 3 options to consider for the events between verses 5 -20:  verse 5 begins soon after the crucifixion, verse 5 begins around the time and events of Constantine, or verse 5 begins right around the time or transition between pagan and papal Rome..... In my attempts (which differ quite significantly from any other approaches treats many of these actors / events more on a spiritual basis as opposed to a literal reading - actual historical matching.....)

For example, my interpretation for the "daughter of the king of the south", is NOT a physical woman like "Berenice" but it represents the Christian Church - the daughter that comes from the Messiah's crucifixion. This "daughter" would be carried throughout the south and northern (gentile) kingdoms.. Again, look for the messages that SHOULD come out of the crucifixion and His coming FIRST, and then match them to the important events that would take place within the following 500 years or so ---(until the little horn would gain power).  Then in the very latter verses of 11, we can clearly see how the little horn will depart from the Word of God, corrupt it, think himself as god on earth, etc.  

Please let me know your thoughts and opinion and also if you might be willing to go down my rabbit hole in understanding 11..  thank you and you can also send me a direct email if you want at kincadect@hotmail.com  Best wishes always, Charlie