• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, appy said:

They  indeed were, but no longer are a stand alone publisher and have not been since around 2012.

In that case, easy come - easy go. Ain't that the way it is in America? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Hum? Number one in the world in many things as you've mentioned. To include water desalination, irrigation, technology, the best global vegetable and fruits in the world, the U.S. sends them a fighter jet, and they make it better. There escalating financial prosperity, production and discovery of the Goliath natural gas and oil fields and building a pipeline to export their new found wealth, on and on...

It would almost make one think they have a spoil worth invading and taking?

Ezekiel 38:13 (KJV) Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

Amen...God is watching over His word to perform it, and all glory to His name.  

But I want to caution us all that we don't get too excited about earthly things, since this world is appointed unto wrath (including Israel after the flesh) and we're looking forward to a new heavens and new earth.  We're always glad when people are doing well and prospering etc, even though sadly that is the point where people also tend to forget God and go after other lovers (this just seems to be the intractable nature of fallen man).  But the main thing that concerns believers with these things is the fulfillment of prophecy.  We want to be careful and remind ourselves not to get enamoured with things of earth and the natural abilities of men because all those kinds of works in the end are really the wood hay and stubble of this world. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Here we go; another guy that's done his homework and knows what he's talking about  :D Either the population isn't aware of the fiat and corrupt Federal Reserve monetary system we're enslaved under; or they just don't care!

Hmm, doesn't everyone bury gold and make coded treasure maps?

I put all of mine ( don't imagine a pile of gold though, just  pile of old stock statements) with my old worthless stock certificates from companies  forced out of business by government decrees and  general intrusions. And no, I don't take paper that says I own gold that some entity is keeping in a vault they control. 

Gold will be called in once again! It was by Theodore Roosevelt and it's value set at a government decreed fixed amount ( $35 an ounce), but lots of luck getting anyone to give it up in exchange for a new government declared value in paper currency certificates backed by the full face of confidence in the credit of the government. President Richard Nixon freed gold back  up to float in value. It immediately shot up to $181 an ounce from $35; but still it is illegal to use it  even ar  today's value of somewhere around $1570(US) an ounce directly as tender to make purchases; the federal government not being able to withstand it as competition against it's own printing press cranking out paper with declared artificial values on it.

I learned the value of real gold when the Vietnam refugees were flying in over my home at Los Alamitos CA. and they all had real gold on them; in quarter ounce chunks  or larger to use as value for exchange  in order to secure their needs to live on (It is easy to swallow a quarter ounce chunk).

Fortunately there is also an eternally lasting spirit value system, one that  allows for a person still in this corruptible flesh to set aide for retirement from this time of fleshly bodies. The value of that treasure saved up being that which may be credited by Jesus as  garlands from Him, to then be  a laid at His feet in his presence, out of each saint's humble appreciation for Jesus' awesome love of all that have been given Him by His Father.

May none of us finish this race void of treasure laid up at Heaven and be found saved, yet without any evidence of having run the race as though to win it. 

Run the race finish well!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/21/2020 at 7:27 AM, BeauJangles said:

I have also stated to be a King James preferred person, but any theologian or earnest student of scriptures will recommend at least several translations for comparative understanding. The differences can open new clarities and revelation. 

They might recommend that, but I see the KJV as perfect, so why compare it to inferior translations?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

God has not given us a spirit of fear.

While I use the Olive Tree app, my preferred translation is the NAS which so far is unaltered and contains some portions of verses not found in all the ancient manuscripts.  We are given the choice to apply the discernment of the Holy Spirit.

As long as we have CHOICES, we can direct our lives positively.  When we have no choice, that's when my radar goes active.

We have more to be concerned over what each of us does to ourselves and each other than some super state doing something to us.  Conspiracies are everywhere, inescapable in public chat.  It's better to choose the higher ground less traveled.

Alarmists love fear. The more to be afraid of, more power alarmist and conspiracy addicted feel they have over others to manipulate their lives to conform to their own. Power to threaten by proxy since no one can take an alarmists fears away.

Anyone who feels optimistic and can point to specific encouraging information is a threat to an alarmist who then has to re-enforce the threat by claiming the Great and Powerful Invisible Cosmic All will eventually "get" you someday, just wait and see, the optimist is seen as a threat, another "conspiracy" possessed of ignorant malintention.

Hint: If you want to prove a conspiracy exists, chose one where it's almost impossible to prove it doesn't or better yet, chose a method of proof where there is no possibility you might prove yourself wrong.

Conspiracies are convenient invisible ghosts where every possible problem or discomfort is everyone else's fault, and because the ghosts can never be confronted and defeated, they are drug along with us- chains of our own making for as long as needed. Beating other people with them.

In my 67 years I've seen a lot of this come and go from Safeway logos to family names.  I choose freedom of mind and I don't have to fight the whole world to get it, just myself.

Jordan Peterson: "You Can't Fix Other People, But You Can Fix Yourself"

-Pv-