• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, Brko72 said:

when I said "accident" I as as trying  to say "someone teaching wrong doctrines when they dont have this intention"

like,they belive that they are teaching  theb truth, but they aren't 

Thank you--I understand.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Jostler said:

it is certainly possible to teach falsehood without being a conscious deceiver.  In any place we have been deceived into believing something is true, that is not, we can teach falsehood without any awareness of the fact we are deceiving...and no intent to deceive.

Been there, done that.....I used to teach the pre-trib rapture ....fully believing i was right :)

(kicks hornet's nest and runs......  -----------------> )

:beehive: :runforhills: We have emojis for that. :24:

The Difference is you were willing to grow and learn because you hunger for the Truth. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

45 minutes ago, Brko72 said:

when I said "accident" I as as trying  to say "someone teaching wrong doctrines when they dont have this intention"

I meant what you knew,lol     Seriously,I know what you are saying & I certainly do believe one can be unwittingly preaching a false doctrine,or message  or just simply "an untruth"

All I need do is look back to a time I understood something with mine own understanding & later  Received Understanding,so many times I've hear myself saying,"I used to think that" ...we learn & grow & learn & grow and that is why we continuously seek God & lean not on our own understanding,without an Intimate Relationship with God in Christ it is impossible to gain true Wisdom & Understanding ....and everyone grows at a different pace,we must always do our very best to try & remember we all started on Page 1

Funny thing is theres a well known preacher that I've seen such a change over the years,he never preached a false doctrine imo but the way he preaches & teaches now is very very different-Holy Spirit Power,I believe he just got out of His way  

Anyway,when folks get "stuck" on a non Salvational issue or any issue really & seem to constantly have to prove their point thats the stuff that I try to avoid hearing-I'd prefer to have a discussion with someone speaking false doctrine but are open to Receive.....so my answer is yes,I think it does not have to be intentional or deliberate

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Brko72 said:

Hi Brko72,

A "false teacher", as described thoroughly by Peter (2 Peter 2 - whole chapter), is not a sincere Christian who happens to be wrong on an issue. A "false teacher" is intentionally deceptive in their attempt to undermine God's truth; seeking to justify their own corruption. Read 2 Peter 2 - it is pretty clear these people are not simply Christians in error, but have a more insidious motive.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 4/11/2020 at 7:32 PM, Brko72 said:

In other words: Can someone teach wrong doctrines even when they dont want?

or all false teachers know that what they are doing is wrong?

Let's say I go out, and look at my car.   By looking at it, I think I know how the car works.   Then my neighbor's car breaks down.  He heard I knew how cars work, and asks me how to fix his car.   I tell him, well first you need to turn these screws, and pull that wire, and hit this with a hammer.

Now it is possible that I actually believe, truly believe that I know how the car works, and that what I say will fix it.

But the fact is, I have no idea how to fix cars, or how a car works.   Whether I am knowingly lying, or ignorantly telling false statements, in either case, I am a false teacher.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

We can look at the life of Paul when he was called Saul and see that he believed he was not only right, but dead right. His passion however burned for everything that was wrong. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/11/2020 at 6:32 PM, Brko72 said:

It all depends on who got to you first, after you were born again.

If one of the cults got to you, or just a really theologically ruined denominations got to you, ... before you learned what you have to learn to protect yourself from heretics, then you'll end up believing what is not true, and probably teaching it.

The critical time in a new believer's walk, is that first year or 3, as that is when you have no idea what NOT TO BELIEVE, and you will be mislead if you are not attached to the right teacher.

A new believer needs a good teacher and a good bible and some time well spent with both.

Rarely happens.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

On 4/12/2020 at 2:41 AM, missmuffet said:

If person is a true born again believer in Jesus Christ and they have read the Bible there is no mistake they are a false teacher. They are giving the words of the Holy Bible their own interpretation. Which is quite dangerous. 

The best way to know a false teacher. is to be led of the spirit and know your Bible like it says in 2nd Timothy 2: 15 which we are admonished to do. Are people willing to receive false teaching so they are comforted by it. Yes! We Live in a time now where whole denominations prefer to be ignorant and only listen when it makes them feel good. These are deceived by the teachers who themselves are deceived by their doctrine. They  fail  to apply  key scripture so they teach a twisted truth that  fills pews  with people more than willing listen with out studying the word themselves. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Can someone teach wrong doctrines even when they dont want?

The only one who is never a false teacher is Christ.

James chapter 3 verse 1,2

Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

the sad truth there are true teachers & false teachers,  & yes there is sound doctrine & false doctrine,  you just have to discern who you are listening to & what they are saying