Duck

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

What is STANDING WHERE IT OUGHT NOT in the period 66-70 AD that Jesus warned about? The Roman Standard standing in the Holy of Holies; it sure don't belong there...

An eagle on a standard...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

2 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

I know, I feel like I am sitting in Challenger, Charlie

Okay, last post ... I guess I am still going to need that metal armour suit but apparently for different reasons now..:fryingpan:  I think it best if I get out of Dodge now... I have done enough damage...

Charlie

Lest we Ecclesiasticize everything into non-existence - we must remember that Jesus' followers did indeed watch things and flee to Pella and elsewhere at the time of the AofD - is another AofD still to come at the end time? It seems so...

Nothing new under the sun when an End Time AofD pops up - and who are the Two Witnesses? Mary Magdalene and Margaret Macdonald? Enoch and Elijah? Moses and Elijah? That would make Moses die twice, and since early church fathers - Enoch and Elijah have been named

as the 2 witnesses by ECF

Guest kingdombrat
2 hours ago, popsthebuilder said:

Then what of Matthew 23:24?

This actually proves my point.   A warning then of False christs/antichrists that still is in effect this very moment!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

4 hours ago, Josheb said:

Yep. The text says "days". What makes you think  the text's use of "days" means years and not days? More specifically... what is it in that specific text that causes you to think the word "days" means years and not days?

Nothing makes me think days vs years.  Other than some times a day can represent an amount of time other than 24 hours.  Like Daniel's weeks or  day is equal to a thousand years.  

So what happened 1290 days after the priests the priests stopped the daily sacrifice?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

Just notes for context  (so as not to confuse any further)

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

These are the years that were coming to a close when Daniel prayed.  

Jeremiah 25:11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.  12 And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.  13 And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.  14 For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.

Jeremiah 29:10 For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. 11  thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.  13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Not the TEMPLE

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

70 '7's.  Daniels prayer WAS IN THE CONTEXT OF YEARS (and sorry for Rev, but it's back up).  

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

AGAIN, NOT THE TEMPLE BUT,  THE HOLY CITY as in Nehemiah, not Temple as in Ezra

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

7 WEEKS = 49 YRS  454BC - 405BC 

454 BC 20th year of Asteiages (Artaxerxes) and THE COMMANDMENT TO REBUILD JERUSALEM

405 BC The Temple finished

7 '7's end, and 62 '7s' begins

THREESCORE AND TWO = 434 YEARS 405BC - 29AD

= 483 YEARS OF THE 490   (OF THE 7 '7'S  or 70 x 7 years = 490)

29AD the 69  '7's end with the cutting off of Messiah  483 years from beginning

LEAVING 1 more '7'.  

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for Himself AND THE PEOPLE OF THE PRINCE THAT SHALL COME  shall destroy the city and the sanctuary;

the people shall destroy, the people of the prince of this world, prince of the power of the air

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.  30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

What is the daily sacrifice?  OUR LOVE TO THE ONE TRUE GOD.

What happens when the WHOLE WORLD IS DECEIVED and the LOVE THAT SHOULD BE GOING TO GOD IS GOING TO AN IMPOSTER, claiming to be God instead?????

Revelation is going to be a snap.  

Sometimes it helps to see more terms just to get a better feel of the verse.  

AND HE SHALL CONFIRM
he will prevail, Be strong, mighty subject, enemies, make strong, strengthen, will confirm with our tongue, make strong our tongue,behave proudly, act insolently
exceed, be great

A COVENANT
a pact, compact, covenant, treaty, alliance, league, constitution,  ordinance, agreement, pledge, 

WITH MANY

FOR WEEK

ONE

BUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK 

HE SHALL BRING AN END TO

SACRIFICE
Sacrifice of the God of Israel
sacrifices of righteousness (offered in righteousness by the righteous, sacrifices to God)

AND OFFERING
Gift, tribute, offering, present, offering made to God, grain offering

AND ON

THE WING
The wing, extremity, edge, corners, ends, fold, 

OF ABOMINATIONS
Detested thing, filth, abomination, detestable things

SHALL BE ONE WHO MAKES DESOLATE
To be desolated or appalled, causes horror, horrified, laid desolate, laid waste, lies deserted made desolate, ravaged, ruin, ruins

a primitive root: to stun, grow numb Devastate or stupefy, bring into unto lay lie make desolate

AND EVEN UNTIL
As far as, even to, up to, until, while

THE CONSUMMATION
Completion, complete destruction, consumption annihilation

AND WHICH IS DETERMINED
To cut, sharpen, decide, decreed, determined, maimed, uttered

IS POURED OUT
Is poured out, emptied, melted, poured, rained,  pour forth

ON

THE DESOLATE
To be desolated or appalled, causes horror, horrified, laid desolate, laid waste, lies deserted made desolate, ravaged, ruin, ruins

a primitive root: to stun, grow numb Devastate or stupefy, bring into unto lay lie make desolate

The prince that shall come is the little horn.  And he is coming before Christ returns.  

SOME will say this is all past but they have to DISCARD scripture to do so.  

Did Antiochus confirm the covenant with many for a week and in the middle of that week cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease etc.???  No.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Just now, Josheb said:

????? And yet I'm fairly confident I read "years". lemme go back and check. Yep; the post definitely says "years." 

Is that a reference to 2 Pet. 3:8? If so that's not exactly what Peter is saying. If not then is there some other text that teaches days can be years? If so then please cite it. 

Not so fast. It's important the current matter be established before moving on. No shifting onuses please. 

My point in mentioning years is I do not know what 1290 days means.

Does it mean a true 1290 days or 3.5 years?  Probably.

Does it mean 1290 years?  I do not know but I have seen others that have this point of view.

I just do not know and am seeking clarification.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

13 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Just make the case for the crucifixion as AoD and we'll be fine. That's the best way to amend the discourse. Otherwise, I'll persist with what I think is a more scripturally consistent alternative (even though I think there could be some veracity to your view were it not for the timeline issue. The crucifixion was definitely an abomination from a certain pov and it definitely indicated some desolation on the part of the Jews but I don't think the circumstances surrounding the crucifixion adequate to lead to the conclusion it was the AoD. 

And if I've misunderstood something then clarify it for me. 

Thanks! First, I believe I have made / included the basis for the two issues, but this will not be the first or last time my writings confuse:

1) The "abomination" is the crucifixion... it is not the "desolation",

2) The "desolation" is the consequence to the Jews for their rejection of their Messiah and His crucifixion.

Below is nothing more than cut / paste of my earlier post where I inserted my thoughts and opinions regarding these two issues.

(His sacrifice on the Cross indeed eliminated any further need for a Passover festival where animals would be sacrificed. He was the perfect offering -  this is why He came and it is unconscionable (my opinion) for us to take this unbelievable act and think to assign it to some AC character far into the future as a means to remove the title of the “little horn” from the papacy) ; and on the wing of [a]abominations (Here is when Daniel refers to this horrific act - he of course would never have any possible idea what this is / would be referring to – hidden by God. This, to me, continues with the same theme and message WITHIN DANIEL and the 70 week prophecy. I do understand your comments where you don’t find an “abomination” being referred to a person, but that does not or should not exclude its relationship and its second mention of the most important / horrific event in man’s history. The “abomination” of our High Priest, our Lord and Savior, our Messiah, the ONE claiming to be “The I AM” to the Jews in their Temple, in their city, during their Holy Passover Festival MUST be found to be this “abomination”…. Viewed and considered by all different audiences; The Pharisees would have NO problem seeing Jesus as and “abomination – One calling Himself the “I AM”, they would have NO problem calling HIM a “blasphemer” or even a HOLY MAN – He never studied under anyone… He is a carpenter from Nazareth. What was done to Jesus was certainly an “abomination”… no if’s or but’s about it and it completes Daniel’s message and his prophecies to us and it always stays within this theme of restoration and unfortunately, once again, the Jews disobedience to God and their ultimate rejection of Him) 

will come the one who [b]makes desolate, until a complete destruction, one that is [c]decreed, gushes forth on the one who [d]makes desolate.”(Here again we come full circle when Titus will come in 70 AD and destroy everything….This is the result of their rejection of their Messiah….. Their act, this abominable act which could not possibly be equaled by any of their many acts of disobedience or idolatry, is the CAUSE OF THEIR DESOLATION.)

So, without all the rest of my earlier response we can focus on the "abomination" and my comments above.... I will certainly look forward to your thoughts on the above and also who or what you find is the abomination of 9:27... Thanks Charlie

eating crawfish was an abomination in the OT

• Well Said! 1