• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 5/16/2021 at 11:09 AM, Mike Mclees said:

Which is better, one who goes to church every Sunday or one who spends much time personally with  Jesus alone? Which one is more likely to be truly Born again?

You should spend much time with Jesus in both church and alone.  Depending on your definition of church and if Jesus is there where you go; be it a congregational meeting or just a group to worship.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/16/2021 at 12:09 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Which is better, one who goes to church every Sunday or one who spends much time personally with  Jesus alone? Which one is more likely to be truly Born again?

Attending church and fellowshipping is fruit of one who is saved. Jesus, who loves His Body will never allow His children to isolate themselves apart from fellowship and church attendance. As one sanctifies and is more like Christ, they will desire in greater ways to attend and fellowship as they are led to serve the Body. Not be isolated apart from the Body.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Neither, the one who is born again . . . is born again. Judging by externals works only some of the time, per the Bible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Let me make a disclaimer. I am not advocating that we do not come together. We need fellowship. A problem is what happened cause of the reformation. everyone splintered off into different groups and following all with many trains of thought and interpretation. One could not go back to the RCC because they had corrupted the way of true salvation. I am not going into all that.  So today we say we go to church forgetting the church is not someplace we go to. We are the church by the Holy Spirit in us. Being Born again is not some confession we make. How ever many have been taught that.  What is being born again? It is when we become spiritually minded  and not carnally minded. Jesus said.. what is spirit is spirit and what is flesh is flesh. We have to walk in a spiritual relationship,  learn this spiritual relationship all through the Book of John. We are not saved by the law. or just a confession. walking with Christ in the Spirit is every day. as someone has said coming together to fellowship with other believers is a fruit of the relationship. But coming to the prayer closet is even more valuable. I put it like this. If you never go too the quiet place to find Christ in the spirit you cannot be born again of the spirit.

God bless         

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

We are to love the Lord our God with all of our Heart, Mind, Soul & Strength. Then we are to love our neighbor as yourself. So first we are reconciled with God and then we are reconciled with each other. He puts His love in us so we can love each other. We are to become one, united in Him as we are all have the Mind of Christ. 

10 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

We are to love the Lord our God with all of our Heart, Mind, Soul & Strength. Then we are to love our neighbor as yourself. So first we are reconciled with God and then we are reconciled with each other. He puts His love in us so we can love each other. We are to become one, united in Him as we are all have the Mind of Christ. 

All you said it true. So how does one become one in mind and spirit with Christ. Jesus said to the disciples 

And I will pray the Father and he shall give you  another comforter that he may abide with you forever. Even the spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive. because they seeth him not nor do they know him, but ye know Him, for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

spiritBut the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 

Read full chapter

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/16/2021 at 11:09 PM, Mike Mclees said:

One silent mouth against cursers is better than a thousands words of preaching.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 5/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, Mike Mclees said:

So how does one become one in mind and spirit with Christ.

I attended a church where the pastor (Rev) preached 160 sermons on the mind of Christ. Each sermon was based on one scripture like: "Let this mind be in you". I came to realize a dictionary could be written for different words that describe different aspects of the Mind of Christ and the Divine Thoughts of God. 1cor2:11 "For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God." As they say the Word of God is the link between us and God or between Heaven and Earth. We do not need man we have the Holy Spirit to be our Teacher and Guide. 

Psalm 139:1-4

King James Version

139 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

God knows our thoughts   :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/16/2021 at 11:09 AM, Mike Mclees said:

The born again answer is the one who believes in the genuine Jesus Christ. Period.

Presuming both options in the other part of your question is about one who is born again,

obviously the one who spends much time personally with Jesus. Church attendance can become a

false god in and of itself. John 3:16-18 does not say whosoever will and goes to Church every time the doors open...

Hebrews 10:25 (AV)
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Is the verse referring to the manner of some as forsaking the assembling together?

Or as the assembling together itself being the manner of some?

Bear in mind the definition of Church (ekklesia in Greek) means assembly.

Bear also in mind that we (individuals) are the Temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16) and that this is the Church 

Jesus spoke of building (Matthew 16:18) in prophetic fulfillment of building the House for God (Zechariah 6:12-13)

and that we are the living stones in that spiritual house (1 Peter 2:3-9).

What has come to be the definition of "Church" in modern society is just a building where the actual Church of God (Christians)

assemble.

And rather than the traditional sit down, shut up, and listen religious ceremony every week, the assembling together is supposed to be

an orderly teaching, question and answer, exhortation, and edification networking of fellow believers in this God forsaken world we live

in.

IMHO most "churches" simply do not measure up.

Human tradition, division, imperialism have overrun the assembly for a very very long time.

I do not say abandon ship.

Rather, help save the ship.

But be prepared to be thrown

overboard by those who like

everything the way that it is.