• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

When I find myself down for one reason or another, I am reminded of what is said in Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if therewiw is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Wow! I am seeing many of my own personal favorite verses of Scripture posted today in various Forums- delightful!

These are the things to focus on,as we feed our spirit daily with Gods Written Word Holy Spirit brings Remembrance....surely one cannot be reminded of what they have not heard!

Praise Jesus!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

A very needful thread, Kwik.  Thanks!

When I become discontent, it’s usually because I am feeling afraid and hopeless due to circumstances in my past.  But hey, I don’t stay that way for long nowadays.  I used to, but I don’t now.  The good Lord above has been teaching me lots of good stuff over the years.  One thing I know now is that what the Lord has promised in His Word is the way out of the “blues.”  And there are a gagillion promises!  Oh how the Lord longs to be gracious to us; He rises to show us compassion.  It’s knowing that God is faithful to keep all of His promises that bring us to faith.  Sure it is; we have faith knowing He is faithful.  

And you know what else is totally cool?  In Isaiah 43:26-27, God actually tells us to remind Him of His promises!  

Put Me in remembrance; Let us contend together; State your case, that you may be acquitted.

- Isaiah 43:26 (NKJV)

Now we know that God certainly knows His very own promises to His kids.  So I suppose He wants to know if we know them.  He invites us to talk to Him, contend even, regarding His promises.  Let’s say, for example, you’re feeling lonely and afraid.  Well, talk to Him about it…  “Father, You promised!  You promised that You will never leave me nor forsake me.”  When we talk to our Father, doesn’t it always bring Holy Spirit comfort?  Yeah, the Holy Spirit is our Comforter, and His comfort will always shoo away the spirit of discontentment.  Yep, every single time.

Let’s do it then!  Let’s remind our Father who art in Heaven of all of His promises.  I’m pretty sure there’s a promise for each and every “blue” thing that tries to steal away our JOY.  

in Christ always, Selah.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

My father was a man who lived in contentment and did so on purpose.  I had that printed in his obituary.  Also, this verse - "... I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."  Philippians 4:11b

However, since having lost my parents, I have to say that for myself, the feelings of anxiety and discontent have swelled.  I've been in counseling/therapy since last October.

My doctor says that it's been proven through research that these things can help.

• living everyday with purposeful gratitude
  • eat properly
  • get quality amount of walking or light exercise everyday
  • get normal and helpful socialization [the hardest for me]
  • get quality sleep

I feel that focusing on what God does for us and who He is helps too.  So MANY things and circumstances can crush our peace and contentment.

I do not believe that contentment comes from having no problems or worries or fears or struggle.  Those things come, go, come, and go.

Contentment overrides those things.  

Contentment, because of faith, stares down those things.

Isaiah 26:3 = "You [God] keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

I'm so glad that I visited Worthy before work starts today. You're always a blessing, @kwikphilly, and the same is true of everyone who pours out what the Lord gives to them. My spirit is lifted up and it's as if the earth is a distant memory. This is precisely why we need each other for when we dwell upon what is true and lovely, we're lifted up to where this world is like that distant memory.

Here's what is good, true, and altogether worthwhile: the love of the brethren which Jesus Christ pours into us all. Our sister @Selah7 encourages us to engage in what I'm blessed to carry out as well. Let us remind God of His many promises! This is not for His sake but our own, for the promises of the Lord are like sweet music even during the darkest of times, the most difficult of times, and the most challenging of times. 

Speaking of the love of the brethren, I remind the Lord about His prayer from the Gospel of John (17th chapter), how He spoke of the most astonishing promise: we are one with Him as He is one with our Father and as we are one in Jesus Christ, we are also one with each other! In this way, a blessing upon one is the blessing upon us all. 

The cup overflows, my friends. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.25
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

These are the things to focus on,as we feed our spirit daily with Gods Written Word

Amen ☺️
(Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path

Psalm 119:105)

Edited by B-B
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2