• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,049
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Yes, we do.  Yet, I have persistently shared the very clearly worded verses that teach eternal security, which you call a man made doctrine, in spite of the fact that Jesus was speaking those verses.  

I have asked you to explain what the 2 verses teach, if not eternal security.  And you haven't done that yet.

Seems you can't, so you don't.  What else am I to conclude?

Truth ALWAYS has an answer to false teaching.  ALWAYS.  And I never hesitate to combat false teaching by giving clearly worded verses that refute the false teaching.

Since you won't directly address either verse (Jn 5:24 or 10:28), I can only conclude one thing.

A nice accurate summation - and politely too. Bravo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,443
  • Content Per Day:  8.20

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

FreeGrace said: 

Yes, we do.  Yet, I have persistently shared the very clearly worded verses that teach eternal security, which you call a man made doctrine, in spite of the fact that Jesus was speaking those verses.  

I have asked you to explain what the 2 verses teach, if not eternal security.  And you haven't done that yet.

A nice accurate summation - and politely too. Bravo

Thank you.  :) 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

On 8/20/2023 at 9:11 PM, Vine Abider said:

And then there's Hosea who was told by God to marry an Unfaithful wife and love her. Was this not a picture of God's love regardless towards us?

But it seems the matter of life - coming from being born again - is overlooked, which is the topic of this thread. It is not a legal thing, it is a free gift from Him which cannot be revoked. Amazing? Yes! Simple? Yes! An Indescribable gift? Yes.. but there it is.

(BTW:"OSAS CROWD" is a categorization that has been used often. We are brothers and sisters here on this other end, okay? And we may not all fit into the category as neatly as you think...) 

Hosea:

>1. If we look with the eye of faith, we see Hosea, a young man of God just starting out, perhaps his eye on a certain young girl, a virgin if you please, that he thought to marry and have walk with him through his ministry.  But, the Word of the Lord came and said, "Hosea, I want you to marry a prostitute". Reluctantly, for sure, he obeyed the command of the Lord and went to the red light district, found himself a harlot, lifted her up from the filth, gave her a name, children, a good home, and resolved himself to be the subject of endless rounds of gossip - "Why, girl...didja hear about that preacher who married a prostitute?"

>2. After a while, that woman turned wild again and she went back to her old trade in flesh, and it broke that poor man's heart to pieces...you can believe that.

>3. Later, she fell on hard times and was to be sold into slavery, and perhaps Hosea heard about it and thought, "Good...after all I've done for her...good" like many of us might say...but, while Hosea may have been tempted with that, the Word of the Lord came to him and said, "Hosea, I want you to go down to the auction...and when they put her on the auction block, I want you to start bidding...and nobody must outbid you, so take plenty money with you".

>4. And at that auction, when they set that shameful woman on the block and started the bidding, her head hanging in shame, dress dirty, hair a mess, everytime a stranger would raise the ante, a familiar voice would go up a bit higher. Eventually, she looked out through that messed hair and saw a familiar face...it was her husband out there, and he kept on bidding, and kept on, until finally the auctioneer said, "'Going once, going twice, SOLD TO THAT PREACHER OVER THERE".

>5. And, I imagine he went up to that shameful woman, and he didn't grab her or treat her roughly or speak harshly...no, no, he took her gently by the hand...DID SHE DESERVE THAT? No, no, no, but he took her by the hand...spoke gently to her in her ear...and he led her tenderly down the steps and they started again toward home.

After all she'd put that man through, and after all the love he showed her despite that, is it possible she put away her unfaithfulness and loved that man as he deserved from then on? So, what's our problem with habitual sin and why does the OSAS crowd defend it instead of deciding it's time for a soteriological gut check?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Truth ALWAYS has an answer to false teaching.  ALWAYS.  And I never hesitate to combat false teaching by giving clearly worded verses that refute the false teaching.

Since you won't directly address either verse (Jn 5:24 or 10:28), I can only conclude one thing.

True no one couldn't take from His hand, but are you in His open hand or is He keeping you in a closed fist?

• Interesting! 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

True no one couldn't take from His hand, but are you in His open hand or is He keeping you in a closed fist?

The Bible doesn't describe the posture of God's "hand" but the first part of 10:28 is clear enough.  Those given eternal life by Jesus shall never perish.  So it doesn't matter what posture God's "hand" is in.

One who has believed IS IS IS very secure.  IF IF IF you believe what Jesus said.

2 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

The Bible doesn't describe the posture of God's "hand" but the first part of 10:28 is clear enough.  Those given eternal life by Jesus shall never perish.  So it doesn't matter what posture God's "hand" is in.

One who has believed IS IS IS very secure.  IF IF IF you believe what Jesus said.

Yes while one chooses to stay in His hand,  right? You do have a choice, right? You  can choose to take a little sin bath any time Right? Stay right there and bask away.    

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes while one chooses to stay in His hand,  right? You do have a choice, right?

No, once in God's hand, you are secure.  Believers that are disobedient or unfaithful will be painfully disciplines.  Count on it.  Heb 12:11

30 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

You  can choose to take a little sin bath any time Right? Stay right there and bask away.    

I don't know what a "sin bath" is.  Could you explain so I can follow your comments?

Any believer can sin any time.  Do you think otherwise?  If you do, where does the Bible say believers don't sin.  I'll prove that idea wrong.

38 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

No, once in God's hand, you are secure.  Believers that are disobedient or unfaithful will be painfully disciplines.  Count on it.  Heb 12:11

I don't know what a "sin bath" is.  Could you explain so I can follow your comments?

Any believer can sin any time.  Do you think otherwise?  If you do, where does the Bible say believers don't sin.  I'll prove that idea wrong.

What you want though is to say we never have to account to God for sin and that is not true. You want to erase all scripture that says different and that we need to confess our sins so that the Lord can apply His grace. This is dangerous teaching and it is false teaching otherwise the other scripture would not even be there. We need to see the whole of scripture and its teachings.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

What you want though is to say we never have to account to God for sin and that is not true.

What isn't true is your mischaracterization of what you "think" I want.  In fact, God holds EVERY believer accountable for their lives.  Aren't you aware of 2 Cor 5:10?

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

You want to erase all scripture that says different and that we need to confess our sins so that the Lord can apply His grace.

Again, you have no idea what you are claiming.  It would be absurd to "want to erase" any Scripture.  And I am very confident that there are NO verses that "say different".  So please illuminate any Scripture that teaches different than eternal security.

This is dangerous teaching and it is false teaching otherwise the other scripture would not even be there. We need to see the whole of scripture and its teachings.

That's exactly what I do.  And I keep trying to get those who believe salvation can be lost to prove it with clearly stated verses.  And NO ONE has been able to do it.

Maybe you know a verse or two that clearly SAYS that salvation can be lost.

So please educate me.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63

Luke 9

59And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

60Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

61And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

62And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.