IGNORED

Resurrection or Resurrections? How many are there?

firestormx

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I was doing some study on the resurrection of the saints and come across this article. I tend to lean toward a pre-wrath rapture, and this flies in the face of that. What do you think of this? If there is someone who follows this type of teaching I would love to have you explain how this fits with the rapture doctrine.

http://www.scionofzi...esurrection.htm

Thank you

Firestormx

Joseph

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I can tell you how many, but I'll probably get a little flack about it :laughing: (and that's my belief about them so I do not want this to turn into a debate about it-- others can believe what they want). But.... we know there's at least 2, right? The just and unjust. The former for the saints at the coming of Christ, and the latter at the end ("after the 1000 years") which I think that much at the very least is very clearly spelled out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I agree with the sequence of pre-wrath as well, but I see several problems with the articles conclusion. First off the passage in Rev 20 is clear on several things, 1) believers come to life and reign with Christ for a thousand years, and 2) the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years ended.

The great white thrown judgement cannot take place until after the final battle, which is after the millennial kingdom. That requires two resurrections, the final judgement can't take place until evil is vanquished.

Scripture also points to the fact that Jesus does not return alone prior to the millennial kingdom.

Rev 19:14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

Zechariah 14:5 ...Then The Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Revelation 19 is clear about what takes place regarding the beast and the false prophet, they are thrown into the lake of fire at this time (Rev 19:20), but satan is not thrown in until after the millennial kingdom (Rev 20:10). The dead are judged after both of these events. The author of the article accuses others of twisting scripture, yet seems comfortable ignoring entire chunks of it, I don't see a difference.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

First Dr Ken Matto is not accurate in what he implies.

Have those who dwell during the 1000 years received their Resurrected bodies, No. He does not refer to this at all. Has Israel been translated into an incoruptable body, No. Why does Christ need to rule with a "rod of iron" during the 1000 years if All have received their new Resurrected bodies.

There are Two Recurrections, Scripture does not say that all enter into each at the same time. The oppisite is true. For at the end of the Great Trib, before the Battle of Armageddon; the Antichrist/beast and the False Prohet become the first two inhabitants of the Lake of Fire (Rev 19:20). After the 1000 years is over the Great White Throne Judgment occurs, when those who do not have their name written in the Lambs Book of Life are thrown into the Lake of Fire. Hmm; two of the Second Resurrection 1000 years apart from the rest.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Interesting take. I don't agree with his spiritual resurrection idea as the first resurrection. The Resurrection has to do with the mortal body and not the soul. It is evident that Christ speaks of those who physically died in faith to be currently alive. (ie; Lazarus, Abraham, moses, etc...) They await their resurrected bodies.

Jesus was Resurrected into a physical body and has told us of that Hope which awaits us. He is a demonstration of what we will yet be.(Firstfruit)

The key that he is missing in his analysis and why he can't grasp the whole situation and must make up a spiritual resurrection is because he has missed this;

2Pe 3:8

¶ But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

There is one day in which will occur the ressurection of the Just and the general resurrection of everyone else.

Peace,

Dave

Thanks to everyone for the comments. To be honest, I've never even heard this before. That's why I posted it here. I was hoping I would come across someone who believed this who can answer some questions for me. Like, take the verses below.

Matthew 27:51-53 (NKJV)

51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

How do these verses fit in with the one resurrection belief. These verses clearly state that the bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, which is something you don't hear much in this conversation, ( at least I don't ). Anyways thanks for the comments.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Good question:

I didn't read the link you posted but could there be 3 resurrections? Counting when Jesus rose from the dead as the first resurrection?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Good question:

I didn't read the link you posted but could there be 3 resurrections? Counting when Jesus rose from the dead as the first resurrection?

The link leads to a site where a man is saying there is only 1 resurrection.

I would agree with you. But I disagree with one of the things he says is a weakness. The 6 seals are not a judgement, not from God or satan or man. they are birth pains. But I agree with this pre-wrath belief.