IGNORED

Do you ever feel stupid? Small children don't.

OakWood

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the reason children don't is because they haven't lived long enough to understand......    you gotta do dumb things, or watch others, to understand the concept.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Kathryn Kuhlam when asked about her life before she became a Christian , "That was not me, that was someone else." As a believer our past and our sins are under the Blood, we are new creatures, the old is gone never to be thought of again. Cast in the sea of God's forgetfulness. So, why should we remind ourselves of our past sins, if we are made new in Jesus?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

June the second, 2013, while coming from an Alaskan Cruise and on the way to my brothers in Portland, I decided to take one of my largest suitcases and put it in the car.....   I was extremely tired and was not getting around very well from an old military injury.....   On the way while pulling this 75 pound suitcase with my right hand, I reached in my pocket with my left hand to get my car keys.....    as usual with I've gotten tired my toe on my left shoe didn't come off the ground and I hit a crack in the sidewalk and simply very quickly bounced my nead off the concrete.....

First thing in my mind was the last thing my wife had said as I closed the door....   "Why don't you take that out in the morning when you are not so tired?"

hand went numb from the wrist forward and I couldn't move my wrist......

and you ask me if I've ever felt stupid....

Then the real kicker while in the ER getting exrays my wife says and I quote....."I told you to wait"

yeah......   I've felt stupid before..

I hate those four words "I told you so".It adds insult to injury.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I've been struggling w/the head injury I accidentally inflicted on myself (while sneezing, hit my head on a wood chair backrest) over 3 1/2 years ago (Alaskan cruise, like other one- gift from my grandfather).

Had chronic head pain for years.  Hit a front tooth by accident with a thick water glass during that time, and the last few years the pain has shifted to the roof of the mouth.

Trying not to be defined by the stupidity of an injury years ago is challenging because the pain is here every day.  If I can earn an income from my work (it hasn't paid much for the past 3 1/2 years), maybe acupuncture will stop the pain at last.  I pray to God for healing, protection from more injury, and whether acu or something else will actually help.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Good Morning My Peeps!

Good Morning & God Bless your sweet soul,my Sister,,,,Amen! Yes,our lives are but a vapor(James 4:14)....................tell you the truth,I would never have imagined I would see over half a century,where did the time go?It just vanished

I'll jump in the back seat & ride with you Sis!You know I love ya.........................Praise the Lord!

Glory to God.......Kwik

Hey sis God's Blessings to you.You can ride along any time you want  :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Kathryn Kuhlam when asked about her life before she became a Christian , "That was not me, that was someone else." As a believer our past and our sins are under the Blood, we are new creatures, the old is gone never to be thought of again. Cast in the sea of God's forgetfulness. So, why should we remind ourselves of our past sins, if we are made new in Jesus?

I get reminded of them because of other people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sorry, my childhood was without Christ or simple faith. My home was wonderful and a refuge, but I was very lonely and selfish.

My earliest memories are of big kids knocking me down and taking toys from me in the church nursery. I was confused and frightened. That is how I remember my childhood. At age 4 I denied that Christ could have arisen from the grave. Grandpa wasn't comeing back so neither could He.

My neighbor beat me up because I refused to steal candy from her at the grocery store. The only good memory was sitting with her on her garage floor, cracking and eating black walnuts. Most of the time I was afraid of her and stayed in the house and read during the 3rd-5th grades to avoid her bullying. I remember no care free life or simple faith.

In the 4th grade I was kicked out of Sunday School when I laughed at the teacher struggling with a flannel board. He had been late for class, was frustrated and angry. The figure of the shepherd was at an odd angle and he couldn't make the sheep stay in its arms so he put it on its head. I, very shy, sensitive and withdrawn, had the audacity to laugh. He angrily asked what I was laughing about so I pointed to the board and said it was kind of stupid looking. He told me that I didn't need to come to sunday school.

Then sometime in the 7th grade God revealed Himself to me at home, convicted me of sin which led to repentance in the 8th, and gave me a hunger to read the Bible. I bought the AMP NT with my savings. However, I had to fight the misery of legalism and trying to be good enough to go to heaven for several years. In high school my doctrine was corrected but I was being ridiculed for my faith after I was baptized and my father became bedridden for a year. It was full of stress. During those years of grades 7-12 I did have a few good friends and had some good times. But God had much to teach me of His love and I had a lot of hurt and bitterness. He was trying to tell me about His love but that did not get through to me till 7 years later through Campus Crusade where I was taught how to walk in the Spirit.

So my life was quite the opposìte. I have few happy memories of care free times to speak of till after Christ came into my life, and then not till I was 25 years old when my heart was again cleansed and I also completely surrendered my life to God and forgave others. Sometimes we don't even realize that we are hanging on to these things. And at first it was a struggle to allow Christ in me to continually forgive and love.. But all the grief and trials I have gone through since that time have been through joy, and with the comfort and guidance of the Holy Spirit. I was still lonely till after Hubby was saved and then our childen followed his example and were also saved.

All the intellectual pride sluffed off when I met some truly smart people. But first I realized that being smart doesn't bring happiness or make you a person of worth, and there are different kinds of intelligence that are not measured by tests. College educated people are not necessarily happier or wealthier either. Only Jesus can bring true happiness. fulfilment and peace. He calls it life more abundantly. Today I do have a childlike faith. I simply believe the Bible and take Him at His word.

Yes, in my late teens and early 20s I did some really stupid things when I backslid. They are things that are under the Blood of Christ that God no longer remembers and I have no wish to remember. It is just a black hole in my life. There is nothing more miserable than a back slidden Christian--to have tasted that good life and to have been sucked into sin and self loathing. But God does seek and find His lost sheep, and when I was retored and fully surrendered to Him it was for all time. He filled me with His Spirit and started me walking with Him again. The more He has actually cleansed and changed me, the happier I am. This is the most blessed time of my life.

Guest Butero

In order for me to go back and fix all the stupid things I have done, I would have to go back to my earliest memories as a child.  I would have to take all the things I have learned over the years, and go back as far as 4 years old, and make sure not to do a whole host of stupid things over again.  I can relate to much of the OP, except the part about not feeling stupid as a child.  I did stupid things as a child that I regret to this day.  With me, the regrets have always been the sharpest memories.  Those are the things that stick with me.  Whether it be stupid things done as a literal child or a new Christian, I made a lot of mistakes over the years.  I have even thought about how much I wish I had known then what I know now and how much I would change.  I believe it was in the movie "It's A Wonderful Life" that the comment was made, "Youth is wasted on the young."  By the time we are old enough and mature enough to make good choices, our life is half or perhaps more than half over. 

While I do think that children can be looked at as a picture of innocence, at least at very young ages, the biggest thing we see in little children is their ability to believe without question.  If your parents tell you something, you believe them.  In the case of Jesus, you see the little children having no problem accepting him as the Christ, where many adults lacked faith. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I think about my life.

Do you ever think about your past? Does it make you cringe?

If you are born again, do you ever remember how proud you were? Do you remember thinking that you were so smart? Do you remember the idiotic things that you have done? Do you remember your conceit, your blundering self-centred stupidity? Embarrassing isn't it?

All the people that you hurt, all the times when you thought you were right, and all the times that you stood up trying to impress others. All the stupid mistakes that you made convincing yourself that it was somebody elses fault!

The only memories that you can treasure are those early memories of being a small child. Whatever you did wasn't embarrassing, just funny. You were too young to know the difference, but from 18 to 20 onwards, you became responsible for your own actions and you were an idiot.

I feel that way.

When you receive Jesus in your life, you are renewed. You're still an idiot, but an idiot under guidance.You still have to remember that most of your life has been wasted though. Only as a child can you excuse your follies.

That's why most of our fondest memories are our memories of childhood. It's not just nostalgia, it's harking back to a day when we were more pure. It's looking back to the days when we were blameless, when we had no responsibility.

That is why I believe that Jesus wants us to come to him as small children. If you're going to start afresh you have to become a child again.

Children are not fools.

I love it, Oakwood, mind if I quote you?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1979

yup.