tigger398

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have a good solution all the peaceful people who hate guns and don't want them can come and live in Australia and England with us  and the gun lovers can arm themselves against the crazies in the US and stay there.  

Edit: since we have a free trade agreement with the US we might export our crazies and gun lovers at the same time to there  so everyone's happy. 

What at do you guys want for dinner I'll get it started.

Edited by Chris.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I have a good solution all the peaceful people who hate guns and don't want them can come and live in Australia and England with us  and the gun lovers can arm themselves against the crazies in the US and stay there.  

Question: What to Australia and England have in common

Answer: The are surrounded by water, making importing of unwanted firearms easier to control than most countries can claim.

Never-the-less, below is a chart of the worst ten countries in the industrialized western world as far as lives lost per million population to mass shootings from 2008 through 2013. There, you can see, that the U.S. is sort of middle of the pack, and that is with relatively relaxed gun control than is typical of the other countries in the chart.

Emergency room physicians are far more dangerous, lol.

Also, for what it is worth, the areas where mass shootings tend to occur in the U.S. are the areas where gun ownership is most restricted. 

mass_shootings_small.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

since we have a free trade agreement with the US we might export our crazies and gun lovers at the same time to there  so everyone's happy.

I would like to say that I am offended that "crazy" and "gun lovers" are used in the same sentence. I grew up in a family of gun lovers. We always had guns. I myself even shot guns. But none of us ever shot and kill anyone.  So think about what you saying before labeling all if us "gun lovers" as crazy. After all, us "gun lovers" maybe the ones saving your butts someday.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Edit: since we have a free trade agreement with the US we might export our crazies and gun lovers at the same time to there  so everyone's happy. 

Actually I think that is an Excellent Idea.    Put all you progressives in two places where they will leave us alone to be free...     if it weren't for the progressives stirring up the crazies, there wouldn't be any trouble. 

You can have what you want for dinner for I won't be there..... 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Does anyone notice that these school shootings, or shootings in general is getting out of control. That shootings are increasing.

The more media attention that is given to shootings, the greater are the chances of copy-cat shootings.  These shootings also show that no one is bothering to focus on the mental and spiritual health of students. The focus is always on the externals -- sports first, and academics second.  The prevalence of iphones and instant communications is exacerbating the issues.  And to claim that everything is the same as in earlier years is to hide one's head in the sand. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

WE have the freedom to own guns....or not own them.  I take offense at your referring to my countrymen as 'crazies'. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Earlier in this thread, I made and posted a pie chart comparing the U.S. and some other countries in terms of mass murders. Mass murders are one thing, but being that they are really so very rare, most people are probably more concerned about more normal, less sensational murders,

How does the U.S. as the gun capitol of the world, compare on murder rate with other countries, and for that matter how do U.S. cities with tight gun control laws, compare with U.S. cities with relaxed gun control laws? It would shock some people to learn, than many U.S. cities have enough guns, that every man, woman and child could be supplied with a gun, with plenty of guns left over.

Is the concept of "more guns=more murder" true?

Although this video I am linking to does not go into such fact as: More people are murdered with hammers than with guns, it does examine pretty completely, the correlation between gun ownership rate and murder rate. Interesting stuff.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Does anyone notice that these school shootings, or shootings in general is getting out of control. That shootings are increasing.

Shootings in general are getting worse.If anyone denies this they are very much in denial.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Actually they're not. Mass shootings especially schools have been on the decline in America.