IGNORED

Joel Osteen. False Prophet?

ChristServantSean

Guest shiloh357

Osteen readily admits that he has had no formal theological training at all.  He found a message that sells and that is what he preaches.   If you want to grow a church these days,  you avoid talking about the cross, sin, repentance, holiness, etc.  

If you want to grow a church you preach about Marriage/family issues, relationships, finances, overcoming addictions, pop psychology, following/achieving your dreams, personal success, etc.   You preach on anything that keeps people focused on themselves instead of Jesus.

Nobody, it seems to join churches base on doctrine.  If they did, Joel Osteen would be selling shoes.

People tend to poo-poo Bible college/seminary education, but without some kind of formal training you end up with people like Osteen.    We would not put our lives in the hands of a doctor who never had a day of medical training, yet we act like a lack of education is a shining virtue for those who supposed to be leaders in churches and who have a greater responsibility before God than a surgeon.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

Osteen readily admits that he has had no formal theological training at all.  He found a message that sells and that is what he preaches.   If you want to grow a church these days,  you avoid talking about the cross, sin, repentance, holiness, etc.  

If you want to grow a church you preach about Marriage/family issues, relationships, finances, overcoming addictions, pop psychology, following/achieving your dreams, personal success, etc.   You preach on anything that keeps people focused on themselves instead of Jesus.

Nobody, it seems to join churches base on doctrine.  If they did, Joel Osteen would be selling shoes.

People tend to poo-poo Bible college/seminary education, but without some kind of formal training you end up with people like Osteen.    We would not put our lives in the hands of a doctor who never had a day of medical training, yet we act like a lack of education is a shining virtue for those who supposed to be leaders in churches and who have a greater responsibility before God than a surgeon.

Well said.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

The bible does tell us to avoid false teachers. 

The bible does tell us to leave milk behind and get on meat. 

Osteen is milk only, at best. He preaches a false prosperity doctrine and will not openly say that one needs Jesus to be saved. To me, that crosses the line between minor doctrinal differences to a major doctrinal error. One that can cost folks salvation. After all, if he refuses to say one needs Jesus, then how will folks know they need Him to be saved?

skim milk.

1% if that

I just see and view him as a motivational speaker and not as having the "gift of exhortation" the bible speaks and teaches about. No bible substance. I noticed this was an old thread.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Ye shall know them by their fruit!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Well, I see since my last post about 6 other people see the same thing I do.

All my Christian life I have had to speak out against the health, wealth, and prosperity teachers who name it and claim it and who happen to have so many itchy ears following them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,

Honestly ,I have not really listened to Osteen very much to have an opinion with any kind of merit......I don't "like or dislike" the man,I have never met him,,,,,,,from what I have heard from him is not unlike any motivational speaker,from what I have heard about him I don't believe he claims anything more than being the son of the man that started ,is it Lakewood church?I don't know how that makes him a Pastor but apparantley it did? 

I have heard his wife speak & it would probably be better if she didn't,if what she preaches is anything like what her husband is preaching then it is the furthest thing from Gods Word I have ever heard,,,,,,,,,,,& not one time did I hear her mention Jesus Name,how very sad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,God will deal with them,I pray for their congregation & them as well           With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Joel Osteen false prophet? Yes.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Ye shall know them by their fruit!

Joel Osteen false prophet? Yes.

+1 :thumbsup:

Osteen is a big proponent of the false health and wealth prosperity "gospel" which is not the Gospel as found in the Bible at all.

God bless,

GE