IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Why is it that everyone has a problem with this? The moment someone brings up the OT, everyone goes on the defensive...legalism....law done away with....ceremonial....Christians can do anything....we don't have to obey the OT laws....etc etc. Now I haven't read through the 40 odd pages of responses, so my apologies if someone has said this before.

The answer to this, believe it or not, is found in something the apostle John said in one of his letters. 1Jo 4:16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. So what has this got to do with food? It is actually quite simple. You see, most people, the moment anyone brings up "law", especially diet or Sabbath etc, immediately think 'Oh, he is out to get us. This is bondage. He is trying to take away our pleasures. " Read again that verse from John. What does it say? God is love! That means that there is nothing, ever, that God has done, or could possibly do, that is not motivated by love. You get that? LOVE!!! So all those laws and instructions on how to relate to Him and each other, ad yes, how to look after ourselves, are for our good! They are not negative laws, but positive instructions on what is best for us. Some, because Jesus is the antitype of much of the types and symbols of the OT, we no longer need to observe, but we observe 'Him' instead. As for pork, do you really think God called i unclean because of so,e ceremonial issue or because He was wanting to be arbitrary without any good reason? He made us. He is the manufacturer. And the laws and precepts centering on diet are the manufacturers instructions as to how to look after and maintain this machine of ours to its greatest and most efficient potential. You start feeding it with stuff that is not recommended by the Manufacturer, you are ging to have to answer to Him because you will have to explain why your life was shorter and less effective that it was designed to be.

One final point. No where in the Bible will you ever find the expression unclean food. No where. Unclean animals, yes. Why? Because unclean animals were never, and can never, be classified as "food". They were stipulated as unclean because they are not fit for human consumption. Period.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

9 hours ago, other one said:

So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.”

when I posted this earlier in the thread I was told it was before the Law and we could not go by these verses?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

53 minutes ago, coheir said:

when I posted this earlier in the thread I was told it was before the Law and we could not go by these verses?

I'm not going to go back through 43 pages to try and find it.  Do you remember the rationale, if there was any, beyond what you stated?

Guest Teditis

I don't think that the laws pertaining to Jews in the OT apply to Gentiles today.

There's nothing in the NT that I know of that says that new believers in Christ

were to take up the laws given to the nations of Israel or Judah. We must read

carefully which laws applied to the citizens of Israel/Judah or to the Priests or

to all of mankind. As we read we can see for ourselves that in total God gave

very few laws that apply to all of mankind. Instead He said that His laws would

be written on our hearts. Jesus himself summed up the Commandments into two

things... Love God and Love your neighbor. He said that all the Law hangs on these

two things. What we eat has nothing to do with either of those two things. And this

issue was touched on by Paul in the latter portion of the book of Romans and again

in Colossians 2: v20 If you have died with Christ to the spiritual forces of the world,

why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its regulations:

21“Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!”?

22These will all perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings.…

59 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I'm not going to go back through 43 pages to try and find it.  Do you remember the rationale, if there was any, beyond what you stated?

it seems he thought the law came after the verse (Gen 9:3)and made this verse obsolete. the post was very short.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, coheir said:

it seems he thought the law came after the verse (Gen 9:3)and made this verse obsolete. the post was very short.

and that was before God told Peter it was ok to eat...   if you believe it isn't then you think God used something false to teach something and I would reject that out of hand....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

44 minutes ago, coheir said:

• God tells the entire population of the world that its okay to eat anything that's alive that moves, sans the blood.
  • He then gives dietary laws specifically to the children of Israel.
  • Then all foods are declared clean.
  1.  because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.)  Mark 7:19
  2. But a voice from heaven answered a second time, ‘What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.’  Acts 11:9

Concerning the gentiles:

For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.”  Acts 15:28-29

Pretty straightforward for those without a separate agenda.

6 hours ago, other one said:

and that was before God told Peter it was ok to eat...   if you believe it isn't then you think God used something false to teach something and I would reject that out of hand....

I dont know why you think I think something different I posted Gen 9:3 to show it was ok to eat pork or any thing we desire some one told me I was wrong.

5 hours ago, Last Daze said:
  • God tells the entire population of the world that its okay to eat anything that's alive that moves, sans the blood.
  • He then gives dietary laws specifically to the children of Israel.
  • Then all foods are declared clean.
  1.  because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.)  Mark 7:19
  2. But a voice from heaven answered a second time, ‘What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.’  Acts 11:9

Concerning the gentiles:

For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.”  Acts 15:28-29

Pretty straightforward for those without a separate agenda.

below is what I posted earlier

Gen 9:3-4

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Matt 15:17

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

Mark 7:18

18 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

This last verse is Jesus speaking, red letter

we should accept what the bible says.