• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, giggling appy said:

1 Cor. 7:14, For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

This scripture does not fit the original posters case. This verse is about two unbelieving people who have ALREADY been married, and one becomes a Christian after the fact. The original poster is NOT yet married. Totally different situation. Muslims are very open and vocal about their religion, especially in a country in which islam is the major religion. The point is. . .the original poster is very well aware of his belief's.

Deidre, no one is saying that they don't happen, but that scripture tells us to not do it, because there is indeed the enormous potential for a Christian to be pulled away from their walk in Christ. If this were not so, God would not need to tell us to NOT do it. It is hazardous to the spiritual health of a Christian. For every one case there are a 100 others who live in tears and regret. Its playing russian roulette with a Christian's relationship with Jesus. This isn't about romantic love, but about our walk with Christ.

Just because so and so did it, does NOT EVER make it ok for someone else to do the same. It is what God says is the ideal, not what other people do. The original poster has a conviction to NOT do it and it is coming from the holy spirit. And the many posts here are confirming that with a do NOT do it.

As far as we are concerned, Muslims are non believers in Christ. They, knowingly or not, worship a pagan god. See my earlier posts. If one of the two convert, and the other does not interfere then the other is sanctified.

This simply means that the unbeliever, by virtue of being one flesh with a Christian is not considered living in an unlawful relationship. It also refers to the spiritual influence and power a Christian holds over the unbelieving companion. It could not mean that the Christian could save the soul of the unbeliever. Should the sanctification referred to here not be allowed, the children would be considered ceremonially unclean, not to be received by Christians or given any rights and priveleges of Christians.

1 Cor. 7:14,  14, For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean;  but now are they holy.

"UNCLEAN."

Jews considered any children born out of holiness if born of parents who were not proselytes at the time of his birth, even though afterwards they became proselytes. On the other hand, they considered children of heathen born in holiness, provided the parents became proselytes before the birth of their children. All heather children were considered unclean by Jews; and all their own children holy.

Heathen mothers went through certain ceremonies to idols and children were consecrated to the goddess Statina. Children of Christians came into the world without these impure and unhallowed heather rights and were considered consecrated to God. This is what the apostle Paul alludes to in Verse 14.

Proselyte

A Convert.

Acts 6: 6-6, "And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a PROSELYTE of Antioch: whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings TO ALL,,,,,

The discussion is getting a bit off track her & as giggling mentioned,,,,,,this Thread is a question for a particular young Christian woman who is in a relationship with a muslim man,,,,,,as her story unfolded we come to know    PRAISE ,GLORY & THANKSGIVING TO ALMIGHTY GOD MOST HIGH!!!!!! Whew,Halleluyah! Our wonderful Lord has drawn her unto Himself & AMAZINGLY<MIRACULOUSLY,,,,,,,in spite of everything & everyone around her,,,,,,,,,,SHE HEARD & SEEN & was TOUCHED by our Lord & Savior!!!!!      WOW,what a celebration!!!!!

Now here is the thing,this little precious Saved One is a BABE,,,,,,,this makes the ENTIRE situation a giant RED FLAG,especially for someone just beginning their own walk with Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my goodness,handle with care!

Brothers,Sisters,,,,,just think about this,,,,,,,a young MUSLIM couple in love & then this young lady,against all odds,came to the Foot of the Cross,,,,,,,,,we know enough about what muslims think about Christians or ANYONE who is not islamic,,,,,,,,,it is not "Oh well,that's okay",,,,,,,this girl has to stay near the Lord & not depart ,,,,she will face pushing,pulling,persuading,mockery & who knows what,,,,,,,,,,,,,,STAY AWAY JNMRR!!!!!   If she wax a mature Christian firmly established in Gods Word & in very close Relationship with our Lord we would not even be entertaining this conversation......she would not have any hesitation or confusion about what to do,,,,,,& if she was already married then it would also be a different conversation,,,,BUT IT ISN"T,,,,,,she needs support from us to do what is best for her & her Eternal Salvation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WALK AWAY,Honey & don't look back,,,,,,,,,,,,,                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 28.5.2016 at 4:26 PM, giggling appy said:

Just because so and so's spouse became a Christian after the fact does not give any of us the right or call to encourage another person to go against scripture. !! NONE ! To do so, is giving the person the FALSE hope that the spouse will change. Scripture also tells us flat out in black and white, that there is absolutely NO guarantee, that an unsaved spouse will convert.

The original poster is a baby in the Lord, living in a muslim country. Its hard enough to live and practice the Christian life in a country that is so very much against Christianity without also having a spouse, plus in-laws and their friends and neighbors pressuring her to convert to islam. She hasn't yet married this man. And if she does it will certainly interfere with her ability to get to know Jesus better.

A person can NOT serve both the Christian Jesus and the islamic religion at the same time. They will either hate the one and love the other, or will be devoted to the one and despise the other. No one can serve two masters.

And scripture tells us very directly, to not be unequally yoked, and it tells why.

Actually i am not living in a muslim country. We are separated in the sense that we live in different countries but we are engaged.

On 28.5.2016 at 8:15 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings,,,,,,,,,,,,

Okay,now that's a different story & it was not "Poof-struck by a love bug" ,,,,,,which is ridiculous as I mentioned earlier   So now you are saying the 2 were NOT Christians in the first place but then one decided to follow Christ & the other is a muslim,after the fact-right?

Well,someone said earlier,,,,,now you have a decision to make & that about says "IT ALL",,,,,,,here is what I think & it is my advice if you want it,,,,,,it is the same as this...................

This is direct from GOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He is not saying to "despise" family,loved one's etc,,,,,but HE MUST come FIRST and we must be willing to forsake anything & anyone because we LOVE JESUS THAT MUCH,,,,,more than anyone or anything!!!!Youm made a statement & said "I CAN"T leave him" so what you are actually saying is that you CAN leave Christ,right? Now I know you're response is going t o be"Why can't I have both?" Because,Beloved,,,,,,,,,,,,Jesus just asked you "How much do you love me" in that little verse of Scripture that I quoted,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Remember this,,,,,,do you think a GOD,the ONE True LIVING GOD,the One Who gave His very own LIFE for YOU would take your place on that cross if He did not LOVE YOU & want you to have,not only ETERNAL Life with Him but also,a more abundant life here & now with HIM? Do you think He would want you to do anything that would hurt you and keep you from having Peace,Joy,Love ? Of course not,,,,,,do you not think He knows what is the very best for YOU?Of course He does & you have to Trust HIM with your life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He died for YOU,now Live FOR HIM,if you love Him

If you left your muslim friend the very moment you made the decision to live for Christ & surrendered your "self" & you would trust in the Lord He does Complete you & HE does Provide us with much more than we could ever hope or imagine,,,,,,,many will say that perhaps your muslim friend come to Jesus & you can live happily ever after,,,,,,,,,,,,,well,maybe that is true & if it is what the Lord God has for you then surely He Will do that but you have a decision to- make,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if it were Gods Will ,Plan & Purpose of your calling then it would not matter if you left the guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If this guy loves YOU & you left him for your love for Jesus perhaps it would provoke him to 'jealously" to seek what it is you have that he does not? I'm not saying that would happen but maybe your actions would point him to the WAY of the Cross? In any event,do you love yourself & your temporal life more than our Lord & Savior or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe that is the choice,,,,,,,,imo

Praying for you                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thanks for the answer. I was christian in the sense that i trusted jesus as my savior and had asked forgiveness already but i was not following god like i really should be following. I could say i was backslidden christian or whatever you want to call that, but then later i became closer to god.

Leaving him would not also be that easy because he has some serious health problems that he could have heart attack from that shock and die.

I know it's up to me of course to decide whom i follow.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 07/04/2016 at 4:31 PM, JNMRR said:

Do you think that a christian woman marrying an unbeliever (muslim in this case) is a sin or not? And what if they love each others? Do you think this kind of love is wrong?

Also, if they are to have children and the children become muslims, is it wrong that the christian lets them become muslims (even if she tells them about her own christian beliefs) ?

This kind of marriage is not a good idea anyway in my opinion because of the religion issues, but if these things just happen?

Which country are you in?

35 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Which country are you in?

I myself live in Finland, Europe

Edited by JNMRR
need to edit

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings JNMRR,,,,,,

Thank you for your reply & all that does not matter(the past) what matters now is your desire to be nearer our Lord & Savior,,,,,,building THAT RELATIONSHIP is most important,if your Saved your Saved Beloved but you can truly live a life more abundant when you are LIVING SAVED,,,,,walking with Jesus

Yes,the decision is yours & yours alone,,,,,,,,,,,,trust that people don't literally die of a "broken heart" whether they have a good or bad heart,,,,,,,& God works all things GOOD for those that Love Him,according to the Purpose of Their Call,we die when we die,,,,,,we are all appointed a time to live,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you will not change that by staying or leaving

King James Bible
Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;
                                                                                                           Job 14:5

Please,don't make any decisions based on anyone else's life,staying with a person because of "guilt" or "worry" is not fair to that person or yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,let God be your Guide,I believe that is what you are trying to do or we wouldn't be having this conversation,,,,,TRUST God & follow Him,,,,,,,,,,,,,all the days of YOUR life                                        With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, JNMRR said:

I myself live in Finland, Europe

Hi JN :)

I might be able to give you good advice , I know somebody who was in a similar situation, please pm if you like to chat about it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Here it is, scripture that flat out says to not be yoked to an unbeliever. She has not yet married this man. It is telling her to avoid joining in such a marriage before it takes place. I have this to say. That if the original poster loses her faith in Christ because of what you are telling her hazard, the onus will be on you and her both.

Someone saying telling you to marry them so they don't have a heart attack is NOT love. Sorry, it just is NOT. Its a red flag that the person is controlling and domineering. Its a con, so you would do what he wants. In islam, you as a woman, have absolutely no say on how he or other men in his family can treat you or the children. Right now he can be all loving, but as soon as you two marry, his true colors will come out for all to see. Sharia law, is NOT in a woman's favor. You lose any and all rights and freedoms as a woman. And you definitely will NOT have the freedom to practice Christianity. The muslim religion prohibits it expressively. You are setting yourself up for trouble, tears and lots of regret.

Your own heart and head is telling you this is NOT a good idea and to NOT do it. Pay attention to it. In your own heart you believe and feel this is wrong. The holy spirit is telling you that this is not for you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It is not compatible with biblical beliefs and culturally there can be problems.  Question is all about what love means and what lifelong commitment entails.  The two will have different values that way.  It is easy to think that "love conquers all." and that in time one or the other will convert.  But that should happen before the marriage and not likely to happen after the marriage.  Of course, if the marriage has already taken place then it is up to the believing (Christian) spouse to win over the other by their example and behavior. 

Life is full of choices and sometimes love can be blind and fleeting.  It is based on more than physical attraction and lofty ideals or even unity of interests.  It involves the focus on the same goals and purposes especially in raising children.  These two religions are not compatible.  So, my answer, briefly is "no" ;  that won't work. 

Edited by seabrook
typo