*Zion*

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I have told this story before.  Back in the 70s I had an obscene phone caller.  Each time he called I would thank God that he called because I knew the guy needed the Lord.  Then I would start praising and thanking God for His righteousness and holiness, His love and for dying on the cross for us.  I would go on for 5 minutes or so, sometimes singing in the Spirit His praises till he hung up on me.  

We don't have to listen to anything the enemy says.  Just turning our attention to God and praising Him causes the enemy to flee.  God inhabits the praises of His people.  We are more than conquerors though Him who loved us.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Amen! Our God is great! Nothing compares

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

On 2017-4-20 at 2:04 AM, Willa said:

I have told this story before.  Back in the 70s I had an obscene phone caller.  Each time he called I would thank God that he called because I knew the guy needed the Lord.  Then I would start praising and thanking God for His righteousness and holiness, His love and for dying on the cross for us.  I would go on for 5 minutes or so, sometimes singing in the Spirit His praises till he hung up on me.  

We don't have to listen to anything the enemy says.  Just turning our attention to God and praising Him causes the enemy to flee.  God inhabits the praises of His people.  We are more than conquerors though Him who loved us.  

Awesome!  I love how you handled that, amen!

On 2017-4-20 at 4:24 AM, Mark1389 said:

Amen! Our God is great! Nothing compares

Amen!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Whenever God doesn't answer some prayer request I was hot over and offered up for many days,I may start to feel disappointed and maybe want to have a pity party, I quickly start QUOTING SCRIPTURE out loud, such as " All things work together for good to those who love God...."  or "He knows how many hairs are on your head...."  or  "Anything you ask according to my will, I will answer...." 

i say it out loud for two reasons: so I can hear it myself and Get out of my disappointed mood, but mostly for the devil and his horde to be reminded that I serve the living God and nothing can separate His love for me.....not even answered prayer that doesn't quite go my way.  

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

No wonder Bible says "Fix your eyes on Jesus Christ, the author and perfecter of our faith". I escape the lies by focusing on Jesus more and more. The more we focus on what devil does or what he can do, we allow him more in our lives. He knows we got a place for him in our mind that he can play with. Instead I try to fill my entire mind with Jesus and spiritual thoughts. That's one (and very effective) way to avoid being deceived.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Praise the Lord!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

The devil is a liar .... no doubt

Those posting on this subject are doing the correct thing and you all should be thanked for your postings

Thank you !!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

On 4/18/2017 at 4:55 PM, *Zion* said:

He is the father of lies, so why do we dwell on the negativity he tries to force feed us?  He throws us tricks and shadows, and it is written that the time of tribulation he instigates will be cut short, else he deceive even the elect.   We are not supposed to underestimate our enemy, but many times we give him far too much credit and think him more powerful than he actually is.  

God is on the throne and in control, and by His grace we are overcomers.  

What are some ways that you have learned to defeat the lie in your life?  Let's share and encourage each other, not concentrating so much on the enemy's attacks but on God's goodness, greatness and protection.  God bless :)

Yes, the bible tells us that the devil is a liar. Unfortunately, just as Jesus had so too does the devil to this day have his disciples. Wolves in sheep's wool. And as Jesus told us, capable of even deceiving the saints with their viperous tongue.

10 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

Yes, the bible tells us that the devil is a liar. Unfortunately, just as Jesus had so too does the devil to this day have his disciples. Wolves in sheep's wool. And as Jesus told us, capable of even deceiving the saints with their viperous tongue.

Very sad but true.  I have seen his agents in action, it's despicable.