*Zion*

The devil is a liar!

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I agree. Thank you BacKaran for sharing that book title. It looks very interesting.

Yes, the Devil is a liar. The father of lies as we're told. Every lie he conceived and especially against the brethren, the saints of holy God, is his delight. Thank God we know his fate as does he. Maybe that's why he's so busy on earth. Because he knows his time is running out.

Absolutely.  

I have told this story before.  Back in the 70s I had an obscene phone caller.  Each time he called I would thank God that he called because I knew the guy needed the Lord.  Then I would start praising and thanking God for His righteousness and holiness, His love and for dying on the cross for us.  I would go on for 5 minutes or so, sometimes singing in the Spirit His praises till he hung up on me.  

We don't have to listen to anything the enemy says.  Just turning our attention to God and praising Him causes the enemy to flee.  God inhabits the praises of His people.  We are more than conquerors though Him who loved us.  

Amen! Our God is great! Nothing compares

On 2017-4-20 at 2:04 AM, Willa said:

I have told this story before.  Back in the 70s I had an obscene phone caller.  Each time he called I would thank God that he called because I knew the guy needed the Lord.  Then I would start praising and thanking God for His righteousness and holiness, His love and for dying on the cross for us.  I would go on for 5 minutes or so, sometimes singing in the Spirit His praises till he hung up on me.  

We don't have to listen to anything the enemy says.  Just turning our attention to God and praising Him causes the enemy to flee.  God inhabits the praises of His people.  We are more than conquerors though Him who loved us.  

Awesome!  I love how you handled that, amen!

On 2017-4-20 at 4:24 AM, Mark1389 said:

Amen! Our God is great! Nothing compares

Amen!

Whenever God doesn't answer some prayer request I was hot over and offered up for many days,I may start to feel disappointed and maybe want to have a pity party, I quickly start QUOTING SCRIPTURE out loud, such as " All things work together for good to those who love God...."  or "He knows how many hairs are on your head...."  or  "Anything you ask according to my will, I will answer...." 

i say it out loud for two reasons: so I can hear it myself and Get out of my disappointed mood, but mostly for the devil and his horde to be reminded that I serve the living God and nothing can separate His love for me.....not even answered prayer that doesn't quite go my way.  

Edited by Spock

No wonder Bible says "Fix your eyes on Jesus Christ, the author and perfecter of our faith". I escape the lies by focusing on Jesus more and more. The more we focus on what devil does or what he can do, we allow him more in our lives. He knows we got a place for him in our mind that he can play with. Instead I try to fill my entire mind with Jesus and spiritual thoughts. That's one (and very effective) way to avoid being deceived.

Praise the Lord!

Good topic Zion.  The scriptures are our armor, shield & sword.  I see it as just a part of this fallen world and it is a part of the war that we are engaged in as believers, we will get buffeted, tested and tempted but we must hold tight to our faith in the One who sits on the right-hand of GOD. We can call upon the name of the Lord Jesus who is our fortress, our high tower & our refuge. The Lord strong & mighty in battle, the Lord Jesus Christ who prays and intercedes on our behalf , our Lord & Saviour Christ Jesus who has won the ultimate victory for us against the Adversary. When when things go wrong, from small annoyances to bigger ones, I give praise to GOD our Father in Heaven for HIS goodness, grace and mercy & to my Lord Jesus. It's a matter of not providing the opposing kingdom any win no matter what the circumstances. I keep looking up & keep my mind & heart fixed upon Jesus Christ.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13 Who shall separate us from the Love of Christ?  

Romans 8:31-39King James Version (KJV)

31 What shall we then say to these things? IF GOD BE FOR US , WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS Through HIM that LOVED US.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain

The devil is a liar .... no doubt

Those posting on this subject are doing the correct thing and you all should be thanked for your postings

Thank you !!!