IGNORED

Is It True That God Will Stop Calling To You?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/4/2017 at 6:42 AM, LadyKay said:

I have heard of this and I think I have even seen it in some people I know on a personal level. But I still wonder about it. Is it true that if you feel the Holy Spirit urging you that you need to get Saved, and you ignore that urge over and over again. That God will no longer call on you? That you can sit through church service after church service and while others hear the call, obey the call and get Saved. That because you have ignored the calling so many times that you simply just won't hear it any longer? That your sins are not shown to you anymore and therefore you feel no need to repent of them? Is this all true? 

A person can be "put on the shelf" by God. God cesses to use that person who that person chooses to be disobedient to God. God may take that person off the shelf but it depends on the nature of the disobedience, the scope of the disobedence, and the damage that disobedience has done. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Willa said:

I believe this is true.  It is also true that prayer changes things, and God may repent and continue calling people.

However, I once prayed for someone that if God knew that the person would be a bad influence on my kids and that he was beyond salvation that God would move him out of the way.  A few weeks later he crashed his plane into a mountain side and was killed instantly.  The coroner said he never knew what hit him.  I hadn't prayed evil for the person, only that he wouldn't be a stumbling block for my kids.  

If this is true of me, I need to be taken out. I don't know if I mean it or if I fully understand the ramifications, but if I am the reason that my kids would never get saved, then I need to go whether I want to or not.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

In essence, in answer to your question Lady Kay, The Word tells us that God will not contend with man forever, so there comes a point where I believe He takes His hands off the situation. Free will is the matter in question here, if people choose to reject God's offer of redemption, that then is their choice, just saying, God bless.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You say  That you “ sat under the Gospel”...... chances are you heard a “ false Gospel” like most Churches teach and got a  brainfull  Of religious mush.....

The Gospel is Good News and is very difficult to reject if properly taught.....what exactly were YOU taught in regard to the Gospel.....Please explain how one gets saved— according to what you “ sat under”.....thanks....I pray for you...

When I was younger (about 10), I don't know exactly what I thought the gospel was about, but I remember forgiveness and not going to hell. I remember being overjoyed that night. I had a strong desire to be baptized. But it did not stick although I thought I was saved. In my 20s, I understood the gospel in terms of "if a 747 were to hit the building right now, where would you go?" And there was the opportunity to pray if you were not sure. And I did that most every week. All throughout, I thought I was saved. Then, last year, a co-worker was posting about Jewish food laws and I was wondering if we had to follow them. I started digging, and that led to a John Piper article about patterns of habitual sin. I realized I was in habitual sin, and such persons are acting as if they don't know God. I got very scared because if you don't know God, you're going to hell. I quit a long-standing sin pattern that night that, despite temptations, I have not returned to. But I continued to dig, and that led me to John MacArthur, Paul Washer, and the ministry of I'll be honest dot com, and others. I also heard the word repent for the first time, and I also learned about Calvinism. I'd never heard the word repent before in church, or I wasn't paying attention, even though by that time I had read the whole Bible. (I should have come across it then. The fact that I read the whole Bible and nothing sunk in should have been a red flag.) As I continued, I came to realize that I was not saved, and I also learned about Hebrews 6 and the unpardonable sin. I realized that the shoe fit, and hoping against hope, I have been bouncing around trying to find some evidence that maybe there is still a chance for me. I now understand the gospel as some variation of this - God made creation good, man sinned and that separated us from Him. Our sin is to be punished via everlasting torment. To save us from sin and its penalty, Jesus came to Earth, lived a perfect life, and died on the cross, rising again on the third day. Jesus's death frees us from the power of sin and allows us to live a holy life, pleasing to God. To "qualify" (I can't think of a better term) for Jesus's sacrifice, one must recognize the depth of their sin, believe in Jesus for the power to turn from it (repent), and then out of a sense of godly sorrow and gratitude, live in accordance with His commandments by the power of the Spirit. Not saved by works, but there will be works produced by the Spirit in you if you are truly saved.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,236
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

15 hours ago, Chris0699 said:

If this is true of me, I need to be taken out. I don't know if I mean it or if I fully understand the ramifications, but if I am the reason that my kids would never get saved, then I need to go whether I want to or not.

It is far more likely that God would use your life to show your kids that if God could save you He can save them as well.  You never know how God will use you.  At one time He told me He was changing me from a vessel of dishonor into a vessel of honor.  God is able to do this when you commit your life to His hands.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 10/4/2017 at 8:42 AM, LadyKay said:

I have heard of this and I think I have even seen it in some people I know on a personal level. But I still wonder about it. Is it true that if you feel the Holy Spirit urging you that you need to get Saved, and you ignore that urge over and over again. That God will no longer call on you? That you can sit through church service after church service and while others hear the call, obey the call and get Saved. That because you have ignored the calling so many times that you simply just won't hear it any longer? That your sins are not shown to you anymore and therefore you feel no need to repent of them? Is this all true? 

Billy Graham called this "Gospel Hardened."  Those who have heard the gospel over and over and rejected Christ time and time again harden their hearts to it. This can be very dangerous!

Edited by Servant of the Lord

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We are all vessel to be filled … once filled we are what we are filled with

Matt 6:23

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
KJV

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/4/2017 at 8:42 AM, LadyKay said:

Uh, yeah...

We call that cessation

death.

Otherwise there is still a chance.

Jesus (God incarnate) knew when the Pharisees and

Sadducees were beyond the point of no return,

but we mere mortals cannot know when that is until somebody

dies.

Then it's too late.

Who would have thought Moses would be Moses after he killed the Egyptian?

...David, a man after God's own heart after adultery and murdering Uriah the Hittite?

... you after all that you've done!

... me after all that I've done!!!

I understand there comes a point where we as individuals must stop beating a spiritually dead horse...

but, we're not All Knowing God.

Edited by JohnD

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/4/2017 at 2:42 PM, LadyKay said:

The bible says that God doesnt strive with man forever. God is patient but if someone constantly is hard hearted then they wont be saved. God is fair, but he will not force faith onto someone. God works with the conscience, someone chooses not to come to God simply because of deception (thinking the person is free to live their lives) and also because of what the flesh offers, which is food that looks good and has a good taste initially, when it is put into the mouth, but in the long run leaves a really bad after taste, and effects the digestive system, leaving the person hospitalised and in a coma in some cases.