Sign in to follow this  
nobleseed

why pigs were unclean

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Adelle Davis " You Are What Yo u Eat" Died at age seventy of cancers, and Euell Gibbons or Stalking The Wild Asparagus" died at age 64

"I Eat Whatever Doesn't Eat Me First" would be my own food book title. I have  been here for 75 years to date.

Hey maybe  for a Christian an  eat healthy and  die young  to be with our Lord Jesus sooner than if one had  enjoyed a smore or two or three along the way after chumping down  some bacon wrapped hotdogs most every friday night for seven decades of treats  of all sorts.

Lobsters, mussels, clams, oysters, perriwinkles from Maine, pig, rabbit, eel,  plus wild bore complete with hairy crack back from Catalina Island. Life is good. I have ejoyed it all even loved suet pudding.

Well I just may have to stand, sit and squat corrected :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

I was basing my statements mainly on historical biblical laws and customs, heart and arteries clogging up, cholesterol, etc. If Adelle Davis were alive today and met me, she would side with my wife. Dennis is what he eats; he's hairy all over, snorts, snores and grunts, constantly roots and noses  around the frig, freezer and cabinets for something to eat, eats like a pig, drools, doesn't wait to digest his food, has no table manners, passes flatulence to show the appreciation of a meal, races the dog to food dropped on the floor and wins, and doesn't clean his own food dish.

On 2/3/2019 at 3:06 AM, nobleseed said:

the reason why moses told the jews not to eat pigs is because it wasn't part of their natural diet and if u eat any animal that's not part of your natural diet it can make u ill, which it did to them in Hosea, likewise our western culture doesn't eat cats and dogs but many eastern cultures do, clean and unclean is just as much about culture and health as religion. 

I was debating some fellow United Methodists over the subject of homosexuality. I pointed out that the Lord called homosexuality an abomination. One person countered by stating the Lord called it an abomination to eat pigs, as well, assuming I ate pigs. Well, what is unhealthier then bacon or sausage? I don't go near them.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, other one said:

it also eats anything and carries parasites in it's meat.   It truly is not clean food.     At least today we have better processing procedures and cures for the parasites if you get them.

In my much younger days my friends and I used to hunt feral pigs with my dogs, dangerous and silly thing to do but that was way back then. We were way out back on a huge property for several days and we ran out of dog food. I cut the hind quarters of a feral pig and tossed it to the dogs. They ran over, sniffed the meat and walked away refusing to eat it. We had to travel back to town to buy some dog food.

51 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

In my much younger days my friends and I used to hunt feral pigs with my dogs, dangerous and silly thing to do but that was way back then. We were way out back on a huge property for several days and we ran out of dog food. I cut the hind quarters of a feral pig and tossed it to the dogs. They ran over, sniffed the meat and walked away refusing to eat it. We had to travel back to town to buy some dog food.

I do like ham and bacon.....   just for the record....    but not from feral pigs...

11 minutes ago, other one said:

I do like ham and bacon.....   just for the record....    but not from feral pigs...

I like ham and bacon as well. Feral pigs are a no-no, full of worms and other parasites.

For those who want to judge people on what they eat and drink;

Colossians 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

if you are going to eat feral piggies its a real good idea to educate yourself on parasites.  where i live its not ok to eat them in the summer as you can die and thats if you get ... well i dont really believe in luck.   Hunters for the Hungry in Texas wont even take wild pig meat, period.  they will take whitetail and mule deer though. 

i quit eating pigs of any kind if i can help it.  not a religious thing, but a me getting fat thing.  I still do like to hunt them though as here they are a big problem. 

God gave the Jews certain laws like dietary regulations as signs to distinguish them from the idolatrous and unclean gentile nations.  It had nothing to do with promoting good health.  Now that the gentiles have received the gospel, they are no longer unclean, and those types of rules no longer apply.

3 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

God gave the Jews certain laws like dietary regulations as signs to distinguish them from the idolatrous and unclean gentile nations.  It had nothing to do with promoting good health.  Now that the gentiles have received the gospel, they are no longer unclean, and those types of rules no longer apply.

Go back and study all the successful healing doctors and clinics from 1920 thru 1960 and on thru 2019,

and try to tell them that.   

Or, rather first,  just read the rest of TORAH,  with God's Promises about not putting diseases on those who obey Him.

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Go back and study all the successful healing doctors and clinics from 1920 thru 1960 and on thru 2019,

and try to tell them that.   

Or, rather first,  just read the rest of TORAH,  with God's Promises about not putting diseases on those who obey Him.

That is separate from why those laws were given.

27 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

That is separate from why those laws were given.

Go and see,  if God Permits.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By worshiper70
      My first Pastor talked about the way the staff may have been used in the time of David and Goliath. I seem to remember him stating that it was a custom to mark on the staff you carried, victories you had won. It went something like, when David killed the lion and bear, he drew on his staff ta picture to represent this event. Then when he fought Goliath, he may had had the staff with him and held it up in front of him. This would cause him to see the staff, and not Goliath as it would block his view partially. I love the image and lesson in this, even if I never learn more about it. The idea is, that you only see your victories instead of the the enemy before you.
      Does anyone know of any customs like this? I figure it may be cool to hear of this a little more. I will just visit this post from time to time to see if anyone does.
    • By GoldenEagle
      I propose the following consequences are the result of de-volution of cultures due to sin...

Summary of Sin's Progression in a Culture:

1. Mankind rejected God’s truth.
      2. Not only that but we have suppressed God’s truth and followed after unrighteousness.
      3. Because of Mankind’s rejection of truth we fell into idolatry.
      4. This leads to fornication and adultery in heterosexual relationships.
      5. This is the classic example of the consequences of men not being spiritual leaders in their homes, in the Church, and in society at large.

6. Marriage is no longer valued. So...

7. This then leads to unnatural relations between women.
      8. This then leads to unnatural relations between men.
      9. God allowed mankind to have a degraded mind and be consumed by all sort of sin.

Is this the case in the U.S. today and abroad?

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?