Sign in to follow this  
Ryan2203

Can you pray Gay away?

If someone’s gay, can they pray it away, or ask the lord to help them? If not, what can they do?

1 hour ago, Ryan2203 said:

If someone’s gay, can they pray it away, or ask the lord to help them? If not, what can they do?

You can pray to God and tell Him exactly what is on your heart about this and tell Him that you need help. He will give you the strength if you truly in your heart want to get away from homosexuality. 

• Loved it! 2

No we cannot tell God what to do.

All we can do is request and ask for strength to have the self controll to live in a Jesus honouring way.

This applies to all Christians we cannot pray away sinful desires, but we can pray for and recieve the ability to resist those desires, whether sexual, greed, envious or of anger and rage.

You’ve already been given much great advice, so I thought I’d follow with some awesome scriptures that will help you tremendously. :)  God bless…

2 Samuel 22:2 - And he said, The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

Psalms 34:4 - I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalms 34:17 - [The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Psalms 40:13 - Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

Psalms 40:17 - But I [am] poor and needy; [yet] the Lord thinketh upon me: thou [art] my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Psalms 50:15 - And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Psalms 107:6 - Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, [and] he delivered them out of their distresses.

Jeremiah 1:7-8 - But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I [am] a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.    (Read More...)

Joel 2:25-27 - And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.    (Read More...)

Matthew 10:1 - And when he had called unto [him] his twelve disciples, he gave them power [against] unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 15:7 - If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Romans 6:14-19 - For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.    (Read More...)

Galatians 5:1 - Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

James 5:16 - Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

2 Peter 2:9 - The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)

First of all, I do not know why some people are gay - own choice? - born that way? - genetic problem? - ... whatever the reason, identifying oneself as gay aka homosexual is not the problem as I see nothing in God's Holy Spirit inspired Word and Truth that God does not accept homosexual people .. having said that, however, it is clear that God does not accept practising homosexual aka same sex sex and He finds that an abomination .. many gay people cry foul, saying that it is not fair that they are gay but are denied practising sex with same gender .. well, such is not foul at all and it is 100% required that men do not have sexual relationships with men and nor do women with women and nor do transgender persons with persons of the same gender they were until they had an operation .. God created man and woman to be helpmates to each other and they were told to be fruitful and multiply aka reproduce and reproduction can only be achieved by man with woman .. spouses can enjoy sex with each other only .. Christians are not allowed to engage in sexual behaviour outside of marriage but even if married, many cannot engage in sexual behaviour for various reasons - some form of disability which makes them unable or in the case of gay aka homosexual persons who do marry legally or even with sanction of some Christian denomination(s) such as the Anglican Church of Canada, such persons are still not allowed according to God's commands to engage in homosexual sex as such is sodomy outside of and within marriage .. okay, I know this is not the question you asked but I just wanted to take the opportunity to explain things .. if you believe you are gay for whatever reason and you do not wish to be and, of course, no homosexual person should wish to be such, then do pray to God and ask Him to help you overcome and resist any homosexual sexual urges and engagement of such .. to be tempted to sin in this way is part of being human but to give into such temptation is sinful and one must repent of any and all sinfulness .. so whether or not you are a legitimate homosexual, you are not allowed to engage in homosexual sex within or without marriage as such is sodomy and an abomination and sin to the Lord, so pray to be able to resist temptation .. if you read God's Holy Spirit inspired Word and Truth and develop your own personal intimate ever growing and ever maturing relationship with God, He will reveal Himself more and more to you and you will become more and more attuned to hearing Him speak in your heart and mind and in understanding what He says/means in such .. God will never give us more than we can bear so you CAN and MUST resist all temptation to commit sin by engaging in homosexual sex and if you fail to do so, you MUST genuinely repent .. may God be with you and guide you in your endeavour to resolve the issue you face .. 

Edited by Margo73
corrections of punctuation

On 5/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, Ryan2203 said:

My belief is that they can't pray orientation away, but that they can through prayer keep from engaging in same-sex behavior.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:38 PM, Ryan2203 said:

Asking the Lord to help perhaps is the first thing one should do. Disciplining oneself to resist temptation would be another, I would think.

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2019 at 1:57 AM, Who me said:

No we cannot tell God what to do.

All we can do is request and ask for strength to have the self controll to live in a Jesus honouring way.

This applies to all Christians we cannot pray away sinful desires, but we can pray for and recieve the ability to resist those desires, whether sexual, greed, envious or of anger and rage.

I have to disagree. The only way I have eked myself out of sinful desires, which were hounding me, is through prayer. My prayers are simple. Even laying down, I say help me God!!! I lay out my problems and sins and desires and keep on asking for help. It’s a process for me, but every good thing that happens to me seems to be an outcome of my prayers. I’m even ridiculous sometimes, but hey why not. God is good. He will answer and help you. Be persistent.

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)

It is my opinion, that becoming cleansed of a desire completely is possible. and can ONLY come from prayer, meditation on the word, and giving yourself to God.

Personally I think homosexuality is from demonic sources, and the ONLY way you would get away from these demons is through prayer, repentance, and total devotion to God.

If this person truly does wish to turn from homosexual ways, and walk in the light, I believe with true and sincere repentance it would be possible to "Pray it away", but it is not as easy as it sounds. 

Repentance is a change, a change in your whole lifestyle. What you spend your time on, what you watch, what you are interested in, what you love, what you hate.

You must learn to live not for yourself, or your own lustful desires, but LIVE for God. 

If you wish to "Pray it away" you must truly be ready to change everything in your life that feeds these demons, you must truly be ready to give yourself to Christ and turn from the devil.

There is a lot of people in this world who have no idea they are serving the devil with their way of life. You must know, if you are practicing homosexuality, you are serving the devil and not God.

Pray for repentance, hate of evil, stronger relationship with God, deliverance from evil (homosexuality), to learn more about God, learn more about Gods word, to spend more time in prayer, spend more time in Gods word, that you forgive all you hold resentments for, that you are forgiven (and a lot more)

It will take more than just "Pray it away" you will want to immerse yourself in Gods Word.  It may be interesting to this person just how many scriptures in Gods Word deal with lust, and not living for your own desires.

There is A LOT more scripture against Lust and Sexual Immorality, look into it you may find how powerful the Word of God really is, this is just a few.

Galatians 5:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 New King James Version (NKJV)

For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality;

1 John 2:15-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

1 Peter 4:2 New King James Version (NKJV)

that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

James 1:15 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

James 4:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Edited by BrandonRTyler
  • Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Keny
      Hello brothers and sisters!
      I would like to ask you to join me in prayer for the youth and for God to reveal his presence in America! We need to fight the spirit that is trying to destroy America by calling on the name of Jesus!
      Brother in Christ 
      Keny !
    • By sararodriguez232
      Hello i am new here i need spiritual help I've been sinning listening to secular music having a bad temper and being rude i feel like i need help i have been praying but i don't see a difference please give me advise
    • By chargedbyfa1th
      Shalom..
      Is it sinful to drink alcoholic beverages and wine? I don't understand about this..If you know and have any Bible verses related to it please quote them too..
      Thank you..
      Jesus bless you
    • By Reinitin
      What is sin?
      Please no commentary no opinion straight up clear verses from Gods Words. Let's listen to God's word not peoples opinions.
    • By Sunflower86
      Hi everyone. This past weekend following into the week ive been dealing with a lot. My boyfriend and I are both believers and followers of Christ. He struggles with addiction, which I have been praying about and seeing God work in his life. He has been doing very well as far as drugs up until this weekend. He has a friend who does not believe in God and openly denounces God. This friend is always supplying him with drugs and bad advice. Everytime they hang out my boyfriend will back peddle so much in life and in his walk with God. This friend has such a dark presence that he will tend to sway my boyfriends belifs a little bit. This weekend he has been on drugs to another degree that ive never seen before. I have been fasting and praying for him constantly to combat this. Today my employer let me know that I wouldnt have to come in out of the blue, which i was relived by. As i was praying i kept getting distracted and my prayers would just stop. This happened about 2 or 3 times when suddenly I got up and walked toward the dresser that he rested his phone on. Before i knew it I picked up his phone and saw that he had gps open to an address very far into the city. I looked to see the last app he had open and turns out he had made arrangements with a prostitute and have since found out that he had met with one yesterday. Ive been fasting and praying for him as well as our relationship. I believe that God wanted me to see what i saw today. What do i do??