• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

10 hours ago, Kristin said:

I drive a truck. America is ok. If you have lost your job, apply for unemployment benefits. I’m not political but things are ok. I see with my own eyes it’s ok in America. If you’re recently laid off, enough money is available to you. For your necessities only. Fair and faithful from the rest of us. I am fine. 

Hi Kristin,

I too am from California, upper desert,  Other then a shortage of paper products we seem to be OK here too.  I refuse to panic and live in fear.  Thanks for your post and calm head.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/18/2020 at 12:09 AM, warrior12 said:

Just wondering a bit here.  If everything is seeming shutting down.   How are the farm workers going to work and who are going to produce the food and other necessities to keep things on the shelves.   I mean it is a lot of things that  has to come together, before food comes to the grocery.  Ever read the label in a simple food product as a snack bar, maybe twenty or so ingredients that are are a composition of other things too.   I am sure others are thinking about this, but I have not seen or heard anyone mention it.  

Any thoughts. 

They can only shut down for a limited time as you correctly point out people have go to work. farms, markets, production, supply and distribution need workers or we will have starvation.  (May that might be coming God knows)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, vic66 said:

I live  in uk now they have given order to close  pubs good riddance 

You can still by licker in the shop's :(

We will be drinking alone now. Never a good thing. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

Now we clearly see what a brutal civilization we have here, people compete each other to save themselves instead of sacrifying their lives to help each other as what God wants it should be.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

The price of red ginger, onion has surpassed the price of beefmeat per kilo due to some people believe it may help the body to fight the virus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,336
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Went to a small Target yesterday.   Saw the empty shelves for toilet paper.   However, I asked a clerk if they had any in the back.   He told me to go by the stockroom doors....they were handing it out there!   Luckily, I asked!   There was no line.   Got one big pack.

When I got home I called three of my neighbors to let them know!   One of them called me back to thank me!   She's the lady who took me to the market on Monday.

I am pretty well supplied now.   Bought a bag of fish sticks and pasta salad....can alternate that with the frozen meals I bought on Friday.

• Praise God! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Kristin said:

We will be drinking alone now. Never a good thing. 

there is always skype or facetime....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

7 hours ago, other one said:

there is always skype or facetime....

If social media goes down, then the word panic would turn into nightmare as people already loosing the human contact would feel very isolated. Let's keep the prayer that this would not be the case.

My update as to grocery shopping today.   For the first time, there was lineup outside as they are limiting how many can be in the grocery at any one time. It was a little cold outside, but the line and wait time was not that long. 

There was just about everything in the grocery, but some shelves were very scanty in some dry good items.  They had just brought out TP and it was in 30 rolls, so I picked up one and the price was even lower than regular price, go figure.  

There was no basket and only shopping carts , as the attendants mentioned, it was to keep your distance. Also no cash back service was available, which I never used anyway. The cashiers had plexi glass installed so that they were not in direct contact with the customers.  All in all there was no hassle, but people were buying a lot.  I myself bought a bit extra than I usually do, as I want to limit my visit to the store as to lineup ect. 

Went to the bank machine to take out some cash, as I usually do most of my buying by cash .  There was a note on the door that the branch was temporarily close,  but the ATM was still working.

More and more , I am seeing the use of cash as being avoided and I think depending on how long this situation remains , they may end all cash transactions to avoid contacts and infections.  

I think though, when all this is over ,those situation may be permanent and the cashless society would be instituted .  With the disease picking up pace in North America, and lock down starting to be implemented to try to eradicate the disease, phobias are also picking up here.  For the first time I saw so many people with wearing mask  everywhere .

I made a tool to open doors so that less contact in which so many people touch, and also another one to pull open doors that has just a handle.  Hey, I am trying to be inventive here. 

So ,this is my update in my little part of the community I live in Toronto, Canada.   How about yours, let us know ?.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Wanted to say .. we went shopping for somethings today. Things like hamburger, duh toilet paper lol gone. But.. more bread and other things. Not getting less thats for sure. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

Most Grocery Store are continuing to be keeping up with the demand for Spaghetti -O’s.....we’ll all be fine.......at least I will......  lol....