• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

27 minutes ago, debrakay said:

Yes, they are every where and they really don't care for morality, integrity, truth and mostly God.  I was just surprised on the Christian forum.  Jesus warned us though.  He knows the heart of each one.  Since I do not, I hit the ignore button, block button or just wipe the dust off and leave.

Before you hit the ignore and block options, please hit the report button as they will most likely head out to do to someone else what they did to you.  They need to be confronted for their actions and be held accountable.  If you don't, then you are allowing them to continue.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,255
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

2 hours ago, debrakay said:

This week I have been called a fool, a bigot, a racist, a wealthy white opioid addict, crazy, insane, ridiculous, and the problem with the world today.  Part of these come from a Senior forum I joined a week ago and part of them from a Christian forum I joined a couple of days ago.  Maybe it's time to admit I am not someone who needs to be on a forum, discussing anything other than recipes and the weather.  I give up.

Hi debrakay, I believe you just need to be where you can receive good advice from strong believers, like some are saying to you.

As we can see, that you are strong.

Love, Walter

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, debrakay said:

This week I have been called a fool, a bigot, a racist, a wealthy white opioid addict, crazy, insane, ridiculous, and the problem with the world today.  Part of these come from a Senior forum I joined a week ago and part of them from a Christian forum I joined a couple of days ago.  Maybe it's time to admit I am not someone who needs to be on a forum, discussing anything other than recipes and the weather.  I give up.

The trick is to ignore these accusers who are behaving like the Accuser of the Brethern.  

I have my own word duels here, it comes with anonymity of usernames, people think they can be cruel and abuse because no one really knows who they are. Well God The Trinity does! He will repay us for every word, “I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word (ἀργὸν argon, word that is injurious, idle, unprofitable, lazy) they speak” (Matthew 12:36). 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, debrakay said:

I give up.

“Brothers and sisters, follow the example of the prophets who spoke for the Lord. They suffered many bad things, but they were patient. And we say that those who accepted their troubles with patience now have God’s blessing. You have heard about Job’s patience. You know that after all his troubles, the Lord helped him. This shows that the Lord is full of mercy and is kind.”
‭‭James‬ ‭5:10-11‬ 

“When people say bad things to you because you follow Christ, consider it a blessing. When that happens, it shows that God’s Spirit, the Spirit of glory, is with you.

But if you suffer because you are a “Christ-follower,” don’t be ashamed. You should praise God for that name.

So if God wants you to suffer, you should trust your lives to him. He is the one who made you, and you can trust him. So continue to do good.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:14, 16, 19‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Whyme said:

sounds like you been talking to liberals. 

What? There are other liberals here? You mean I'm not the only one?   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

4 hours ago, debrakay said:

I'm going to go along with The_Patriot21 on that. I've been called worse, and have had to dodge a punch or two but haven't had any death threats yet. I don't bother with non-Christian forums due to the same things you've experienced - because I get those in real life while sharing Christ with folks in recovery and the homeless. I've come here for the fellowship and learning for over 10 years and over all my experience has been good. When things get out of line I report the posts and go on with my life.

As one of my old pastors said: "People can't drive you nuts if you don't give them the keys."  :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

It's grieving when something like this comes our way, especially from those who profess Christ. Forgive them. Easier said than done? At times, yes. I've been called all manner of things, accused of things, and there was a time when this weighed me down and tempted me to wrath. I brought this before the Lord and His Spirit reminded me of my experience in Army Basic Training a long time ago.

Some drill sergeants were sadistically gifted and waxed poetic on the recruits. Yeah... you name it, I've heard it and had it heaped on my head. I kept my lips sealed and let it roll off my back back then, which is when I realized that I have the ability to do that here and now. What can I say?

"Really? That's nothing compared to my senior drill sergeant. I've been called worse." ;) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, debrakay said:

Yes, they are every where and they really don't care for morality, integrity, truth and mostly God.  I was just surprised on the Christian forum.  Jesus warned us though.  He knows the heart of each one.  Since I do not, I hit the ignore button, block button or just wipe the dust off and leave.

@debrakay

Don't  give up and don't let your age be a factor.  Its hard to find a strong women of God who stands for the truth of God's word. Jesus/Y'shua calls it a blessing to be persecuted for doing and saying what's right in God's eyes.  Look at the suffering and persecution's that Messiah and also his disciples had to endure for his name sake.  He was called a Blasphemer, Sinner, False Prophet, Son of Satan, by very devout religious people who claimed to follow the God of the bible and was ultimately killed by them.   Today is no different.  So consider your suffering the mark of a true disciple of Messiah.  Most of your persecution is not going to come from the world but from those who claim they know God.  

"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household. - Mat 10:24-25 ESV

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. - Mat 5:10-12 ESV

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. - Luk 6:26 KJV

Be bold and be strong,

fellow servant

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hi debrakay. Been listing to some older Christian music  (Allies) and the song playing now fitting "Long way from paradise". Believing in Jesus does not mean the enemy can't use us so to speak. So far I only know one side yet love  believes all things. Having done all to stand debrakay STAND! A song somes to mind "don't give up don't give in...give it all to Him". 

I think the fact is... your not alone here :) There seems to be MANY that may not know you yet truly care about you. 

• Thumbs Up 2