• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

In response to RETROBYTER's lengthy post I can only say - thank you for proving my initial point: that there are multiple permutations of the rapture/tribulation/millennium theories now being promoted by the post-modern protestant church.  Perhaps as many as 16, perhaps more.  I admit I haven't counted them all.   

My statement was simple, that there are several different interpretations of the End Times including one that doubts them all.  

My intent was not to parse into oblivion each and every one, which Retrobyter has attempted to do.   I made a simple statement that there are several interpretations.  

My statement wasn't disproven.  

Indeed, I might go a step further and declare that nobody really cares one way or the other.   THIS TOO is a problem with the church, but that's for another discussion. 

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

10 hours ago, choir loft said:

In response to RETROBYTER's lengthy post I can only say - thank you for proving my initial point: that there are multiple permutations of the rapture/tribulation/millennium theories now being promoted by the post-modern protestant church.  Perhaps as many as 16, perhaps more.  I admit I haven't counted them all.   

My statement was simple, that there are several different interpretations of the End Times including one that doubts them all.  

My intent was not to parse into oblivion each and every one, which Retrobyter has attempted to do.   I made a simple statement that there are several interpretations.  

Indeed, I might go a step further and declare that nobody really cares one way or the other.   THIS TOO is a problem with the church, but that's for another discussion. 

Shalom, choir loft.

Ah! But they SHOULD care! It's like reading a map to get to one's destination. If one doesn't know where that destination is, one could choose to go ANYWHERE! because "ANYWHERE" will do!

BUT, when one has their eye on a PARTICULAR destination, then he or she is more likely to take the RIGHT route to get there!

I am COMPLETELY CONVINCED by ALL the prophecies of the Tanakh (the OT), that the Messiah will return and reign from Jerusalem over the whole earth. That will take time to accomplish! And, he will use the same methodology as Jethro taught Moses in Exodus 18. He will be a LITERAL "King of kings." His saints will be named as kings of various nations and regions, and they will answer to Him as their King!

BUT, how does one convince others who have not thoroughly read the Tanakh or the prophetic portions of the New Testament? One quotes it, hoping they WILL read it! Or, one tries to reduce the portion that would be quoted to its essential points and use those points in a syllogism. I am CAPABLE of doing so, but the task would be so daunting that I probably don't have time to accomplish the task in what lifetime I have left!

This is why I encourage people to TAKE THE TIME to read the prophecies of the Tanakh! Read them in a single sitting! It's possible! I've read books like Ezekiel in 2 hours - OUT LOUD! I'm retired now; so, I can do that while my wife is at work without bothering anybody but my two dogs. IMO, it's the ONLY way to thoroughly understand a prophecy. Try to read without bias; don't second-guess what you're reading based upon what you believe! Let the SCRIPTURES speak to YOU!

Think about it....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 4/8/2023 at 3:00 PM, choir loft said:

16  versions of a fable. Charlatans around the world have made a healthy profit from these stories. The liar in chief is extremely proud.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

42 minutes ago, bloom said:

16  versions of a fable. Charlatans around the world have made a healthy profit from these stories. The liar in chief is extremely proud.

9000 rapture books on amazon will inform you.

15 hours ago, bloom said:

9000 rapture books on amazon will inform you.

That many?

I didn't know.

CL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, choir loft said:

That many?

I didn't know.

CL

Lol

On 4/16/2023 at 10:06 AM, Alive said:

Lol

Yes, it's a joke isn't it?

CL

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/6/2021 at 5:20 PM, Dennis1209 said:

One man sinned. Sin somehow escaped our planet and atmosphere, causing the entire universe and everything in it to groan and travail. How does that work, or what am I misunderstanding?

Your thoughts?

That depends...
Do you believe the Bible teaches the creation of a boundless universe full of many galaxies, or a heliocentric system, or a geocentric system?

On 10/10/2021 at 12:32 AM, Retrobyter said:

....there are over 400 prophecies that were fulfilled about the Messiah's First Advent. However, there were at least TWICE that many prophecies in the Tanakh! Many of those prophecies won't be fulfilled until the SECOND Advent.

Do you feel that all those prophecies are as infallible as those in the Bible, and if so, is the Bible an inferior compilation being incomplete?

On 10/10/2021 at 1:09 AM, Retrobyter said:
On 10/10/2021 at 2:16 AM, Justin Adams said:

Nasty and insulting to my Lord.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, (and it is NOT blasphemy in any way):

If Yeshua` is ruling and reigning right now, then He is the WEAKEST and most INEFFECTIVE KING there has EVER been!

Yes, I found it a bit offensive.
To me it is like saying the longsuffering and forbearance of God is evidence of His lack of power...