• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

OK everyone - After prayer and consideration (of how others were responding to the general topic of OSAS) I started the aforementioned thread focusing on the Judgement Seat of Christ here:

My purpose here is to hopefully sidestep the often contentious debate on OSAS and look at the accountability and discipline for believers.  Hopefully we can have an edifying and productive conversation along those lines!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Jesus loves me and you - how 'bout that!?

I cant help but believe that he Is saddened about it. 

• Well Said! 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

I cant help but believe that he Is saddened about it. 

Agreed - any time believers get into intensive wrangling that don't build up in love . . .

3 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Agreed - any time believers get into intensive wrangling that don't build up in love . . .

There are some things he hates and lieing and deception used as truth is one them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

1 minute ago, Mike Mclees said:

There are some things he hates and lieing and deception used as truth is one them. 

Please don't go there bro.  If you feel that way, perhaps take a break and talk to Jesus about it.  PM me if you like, but let's keep that kind of stuff off the public viewing, OK?

8 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Please don't go there bro.  If you feel that way, perhaps take a break and talk to Jesus about it.  PM me if you like, but let's keep that kind of stuff off the public viewing, OK?

I was just saying. 

I'm going to request this thread be closed, as I think it has pretty much run its course and I don't know that it is profitable to continue it.  We had quite a lively back-N-forth discussion!

Before closing it, I wanted to give some personal observations, for any that might read this thread later:

> I was surprised by some of the reactions on this thread, but I get that people are passionate about the subject! I hope we can continue to fellowship with each other on this forum, remembering that we all were redeemed by the precious blood of Christ, and He has made us born-again brothers and sisters in Him, who share one Spirit!  If I offended anyone in the course of this thread, please forgive me.

> My intention in starting this thread was to show that we have a life relationship with God. He is our Father and as per Galatians 4:6, "Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts crying 'Daddy!  Father!'"  That is how close this relationship of life is with Him. We are His children whom He loves just like He loves His unique Son, Jesus.  "He that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with Him." (1 Cor 6:17)

> Because of this amazing life relationship with us, which has made us born-again believers His children, we have eternal life.  It is His gift.  We had nothing to do with this gift of life other than believe and accept it --> and then we became born-again of His life.  We didn't earn it; it's a free gift - "It is of Him that you are in Christ Jesus." And one can't flip a switch and make someone not be a child once they are born - this happens nowhere in God's creation.  Life and being born doesn't work that way. Romans 8:38-39 tells us nothing will separate us from His love, and that includes ourselves. (i.e., my son can't decide to stop being my child - he will always be mine)

>It was said that those of us that believe OSAS must believe children of God can just sin freely and do anything after being born-again (because we have our "ticket to heaven").  This is absolutely not what I see in the word.  I see eternal salvation, but I also see a plethora of verses and passages pointing out accountability and discipline for the children of God.  God hates sin, as sin corrupts, damages and kills His children and those around them.  Therefore, like any good Father, He will discipline His children so they are not in bondage to evil things.  And we are told over & over not to play with sin and let it rule in our lives, as there are many numerous and damaging consequences - plus it grieves Him to see us sinning and being hurt! Since we love Him, we want to please Him and not be grieving to Him - accordingly we are to grow in life and the grace He's given us as His children.

> If children misbehave, what loving, rational parent kills them? None. What they do is discipline them for their own good and that they might grow and mature safely and effectively.

> Verses and passages that point out potential severe consequences for born-again children of God are just that - potential severe consequences, but not loss of life/salvation.  If you have not considered this seriously, I hope and pray you will - that is, look to see if the verse/passage is really talking about loss of life or salvation. May I suggest to you that what you are reading may be a warning regarding sin and unbelief, involving possible discipline by God (and not eternal death)?

Lot's more could obviously be said about this thread and topic regarding this abundant life He's given us, but I think that's good enough for now. 

I encourage readers, if you have interest in exploring this further, to look at the new thread I started, "Believers' Accountability and the Judgement Seat of Christ" which goes further into this matter of consequences for sin and unbelief by believers.

Thanks for reading this and/or participating in this thread. We all have been given certain light in the word, so no condemnation from me for anybody who sees this matter differently. God is faithful to show us what we need in the present moment. It is my sincere hope and prayer that all born-again children of God see what an amazing free gift He has given us, in that we have been made His children forever with His very life in us! God doesn't do things halfway - He goes far beyond what we could ask or think --> He has put us in Christ and has put Christ in us (what is true of Christ is now true of us) - what an exceedingly astounding relationship of love He's brought us into!!!

CC: @Mike Mclees @Stan Murff @phoneman-777 @Michael37@Rockson@Dennis1209@DeighAnn@Free grace @AdHoc

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• George locked this topic