IGNORED

Does God know what He will be doing a trillion years from now?

TruthFirst

Guest shiloh357

Yes,He does.

So God can not change His mind?

God is omniscient, knowing all that can be known.   It is logically impossible for a God who is all-knowing to "change His mind."   The Bible presents the Lord as the very architect of the ages.   God built the future.  He knows all that has been, is, and ever will be. 

Arguing that God can change His mind would imply that God was mistaken and now has a better idea, than before.  it would imply imperfection in God and that is simply not possible.

Guest Butero

I agree with the majority view that God does know everything he will do a trillion years from now, and he never changes his mind because he doesn't make mistakes.  Even when it appears he had a change of heart, it was his intention all the time, because he knew what was going to happen.  That is why I believe in predestination.  God knows all things, so he knew what you and I would become before he created us.  I especially agree with the posts by One Light and Shiloh357.  To believe God doesn't know what he will do in the future is limiting God. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Psalm 131

1 O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty ; Nor do I involve myself in great matters, Or in things too difficult for me.

2 Surely I have composed and quieted my soul ; Like a weaned child rests against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me.

3 O Israel, hope in the LORD From this time forth and forever .

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord...

Because David wasn't confident in reasoning things doesn't mean we can't. Do you think God is threatened by our questions?

So if God can't change His mind, and is stuck in a hamster wheel, knowing everything before it comes to pass (which would sugest past and future), does that mean that I was always in the mind of God, although without bodily form, and therefore gives me the quality or attribute of being eternal like God? Always in His mind, forever in His presence, sounds like eternal to me. Humm! Heaven forbid!

I was wondering what your agenda was with this odd question...OK, actually I still don't understand.

In any event, Isaiah 1:18 is used out of context here.

16 "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean ; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight . Cease to do evil, 17 Learn to do good ; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.

18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow ; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool. 19 "If you consent and obey, You will eat the best of the land ; 20 "But if you refuse and rebel, You will be devoured by the sword." Truly, the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

God was not inviting dialogue about theological challenges; rather, He was imploring for the people who had turned from Him to reconcile with Him. There is a huge difference here with the verse in context and how you manipulated it.

Insulting David? This is a very disturbing way for you to interpret this Psalm. I am wondering, is this what you believed about the Psalm before I quoted it in response to your question, or is this your attempt at being manipulative?

What I see here is that you've put the mind of God into a human box, using naturalistic reasoning to explain His supernatural essence.

Indeed!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,He does.

So God can not change His mind?

God is omniscient, knowing all that can be known.   It is logically impossible for a God who is all-knowing to "change His mind."   The Bible presents the Lord as the very architect of the ages.   God built the future.  He knows all that has been, is, and ever will be. 

Arguing that God can change His mind would imply that God was mistaken and now has a better idea, than before.  it would imply imperfection in God and that is simply not possible.

Yes,I agree shiloh.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

yes He does.He knows tomorrow like we know yesterday. He will be doing the same thing He is doing now.  forgiving and loving us

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I couldn't help but think of Job 38:2 NKJV Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge?

2 Tim. 2:23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

God knows what He has done a trillion years from now, not what he will be doing. If you get my drift....

And as a matter of interest why did you chose such a short time-frame?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

there is no time in heaven so the question really doesn't have a valid answer.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

there is no time in heaven so the question really doesn't have a valid answer.

It does have a valid answer if we are thinking of time in our terms.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The answer to this question is very simple.  in one word it's YES.  He had no beginning and He will have no end.  He is the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the end.  He knows all things and He created all things.  He knew us before the world began and every hair on our head is numbered.  There is no mystery to Him.  His plan for us was put into place from the beginning of time.a trillion years from now is just a blink of an eye to Him.

So the answer to your question is yes He know just what He will be doing in a trillion years.  He is a very big God and I"m so thankful that He is my God and has control of my of life.  

Because He Lives!    Rustyangle/Faith Ann