A christian woman marrying a muslim man

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

In Corinthians it tells us that a believer can marry a non- believer and the relationship is sanctified by God.  In the eyes of God, the non believer is held in a special regard and their children are considered holy by God.  The believing spouse is to be an example to the non believing partner. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, soft fleecy lambsy said:

In Corinthians it tells us that a believer can marry a non- believer and the relationship is sanctified by God.  In the eyes of God, the non believer is held in a special regard and their children are considered holy by God.  The believing spouse is to be an example to the non believing partner. 

Hello Fleecy,

13And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. 14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. 15Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.…

Nowhere tells the Bible to marry an unbeliever~~only that her husband is sanctified trough his believing wife~~

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings JMNRR

Angels quoted this Scripture verse plus,,,,she said it al,,,,,,,Amen!    

13And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. 14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. 15Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.…

Nowhere tells the Bible to marry an unbeliever~~only that her husband is sanctified trough his believing wife~~

What always makes me wonder & I find it very puzzling,,,,,,,,,,What would "possess" anyone in the 1st place to even consider anyone who worships false gods or false religions? What I mean is you don't get hit by an arrow from cupid &BOOM,you're in love! Falling in love is a process & a process that takes some time,,,,,,,clearly,to be interested in a person(from across a room) would be purely a physical attraction,right? you know nothing about the person but desire to get to know them,,,,,,okay,so whether it begins with a physical attraction or some intrigue from conversation,,,,,,you still have to get to know them & as a CHristian,that would be my first question & statement,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"I love Jesus,He is my LORD & SAVIOR,how about you?"   Right there is the deciding factor,do I want to know more about this person

Anyway,the whole" Can't help who you fall in love with" just don't fly with me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,May I ask if your OP was based on someone you know of or just in general?                                            With love-in Christ<Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Holy Scripture does say not to be unequally yoked for it will be difficult especially if you have children. You will not be able to instruct them in the ways of the Lord for you will be the wife. Mostly Muslim men rule the spirituality in the house. To marry a Muslim you must make a vow publicly. This might even give the appearance of denying your faith in Yahshua to do so if in a muslim community. The word also says that if a couple is married and one becomes a believer you have the choice to divorce or to stay with the unbeliever. If you stay with them then by your example you can lead them to the Lord. None of us has the right to judge to say yeah or nay for it is a matter of the heart. I can only say pray for wisdom and guidance what the Father wants for you, not what you want. Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

2 Corinthians 6 : 14

Do NOT be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Deuteronomy 22 : 10

Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together.

In the 1 Corinthians 7 : 13 passage Paul was NOT giving the green light for people to enter into unequal marriages, instead he was giving guidance to those who had become believers after marriage, but whose spouses had not. In the old testament there are many stories of why it is so wrong to marry a person who does not share your commitment to Christ.

The bible explicitly says to not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. Because an unbeliever causes the believer's relationship with Christ to be disrupted. No ifs, ands, or buts about it like a donkey and an ox yoked together both partners in an unequal marriage will be pulling and chafing one another as they pull this and that way. Both are at odds with one another in all areas of the marriage.

In the opsters case there is a tremendous spiritual incompatibility between a muslim and a Christian. While the two groups in this discussion seem compatible because of the seemingly shared scriptures; however, the belief's are fundamentally different where it really counts. The bible says that Jesus is God and that he rose from the dead. Muslims do not believe this. Belief in who Jesus is and his life and death on the cross and our fellowship with Christ is essential to the Christian faith. Muslim and Christian faiths are NOT compatible because they believe the opposite about Jesus.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

On 4/9/2016 at 3:29 PM, seraph said:

When people just let "these things just happen," they are usually not following God's will.

Love is a choice and an action, not just a feeling. You don't accidentally fall in love... Christians developing feelings for someone they shouldn't should be vigilant in examining themselves so they can see and stop problems from developing.

A Christian is not to be unequally yoked with a nonbeliever... a Christian's number one priority should be God, and if their second most important person in their life doesn't share that, there will be problems.

If only people could see the far reaching consequences and maturity of what you have said here.                      posted by Kan

EXACTLY!!!!                    Amen! Praise Jesus!                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

I never could understand"You can't help who you fall in love with" * that type of thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,such hogwash,imo

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

I would not marry a Muslim person. Knowingly or not, Muslims are actually worshiping the PAGAN Moon god.

Moon worship has been practiced in Arabia since 2000 BC. The crescent moon is the most common symbol of this pagan moon worship as far back as 2000 BC.
In Mecca, there was a god named Hubal who was Lord of the Kabah.
This Hubal was a moon god.
One Muslim apologist confessed that the idol of moon god Hubal was placed upon the roof of the Kaba about 400 years before Muhammad. This may in fact be the origin of why the crescent moon is on top of every minaret at the Kaba today and the central symbol of Islam atop of every mosque throughout the world.

One Muslim apologist confessed that the idol of moon god Hubal was placed upon the roof of the Kaba about 400 years before Muhammad. This may in fact be the origin of why the crescent moon is on top of every minaret at the Kaba today and the central symbol of Islam atop of every mosque throughout the world:

About four hundred years before the birth of Muhammad one Amr bin Lahyo ... a descendant of Qahtan and king of Hijaz, had put an idol called Hubal on the roof of the Kaba. This was one of the chief deities of the Quraish before Islam. (Muhammad The Holy Prophet, Hafiz Ghulam Sarwar (Pakistan), p 18-19, Muslim)
The moon god was also referred to as "al-ilah". This is not a proper name of a single specific god, but a generic reference meaning "the god". Each local pagan Arab tribe would refer to their own local tribal pagan god as "al-ilah".
"al-ilah" was later shortened to Allah before Muhammad began promoting his new religion in 610 AD.
There is evidence that Hubal was referred to as "Allah".
When Muhammad came along, he dropped all references to the name "Hubal" but retained the generic "Allah".
Muhammad retained almost all the pagan rituals of the Arabs at the Kaba and redefined them in monotheistic terms.
Regardless of the specifics of the facts, it is clear that Islam is derived from paganism that once worshiped a moon-god.
Although Islam is today a monotheist religion, its roots are in paganism.

The Helper will come who reveals the truth about God…. Be Hoda Kashta bi Allah!

The word to ascend used in the Christian Bible in  Isaiah 14 when Lucifer said "I will ascend into heaven...I will be like the most High", is in Hebrew "Allah" Strong's #5927.

Allah translates "to ascend." Allah is the "fallen one" who wants to ascend into heaven. Allah is another title for Satan, the fallen one. The correct pronunciation of "elohim" is "allah-hay'm." Allah means gods, powers, or angels. In this sense, fallen angels. Allah = Satan. Makes sense why the Muslims who worship him behead infidels instead of loving their enemies as Christ taught. Islam is to Persian mythology (astrology) what Catholicism is to Babylonian paganism. That's why the Islamic symbol is the star and the moon. Both occult idols. One for the moon goddess Diana and the other for the sun god Lucifer, the male and female occult deities. The Muslims worship an idol in the shape of a female body part, (fertility symbol) in the form of the Kabba Stone in Mecca. Islam is idolatrous and pagan.

Just stating a fact. A picture taken at a recent protest in Sydney, religion of peace?

The demonstration at Hyde Park, Sydney.

ISLAM%20RELIGION%20OF%20PEACE..jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

A husband and wife must be supportive and be encouraging not only in worldly life but also in spiritual life. If one is an unbeliever, he/she will be discouraged and it will also create problems in the family. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 15.4.2016 at 8:41 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings JMNRR

Angels quoted this Scripture verse plus,,,,she said it al,,,,,,,Amen!    

What always makes me wonder & I find it very puzzling,,,,,,,,,,What would "possess" anyone in the 1st place to even consider anyone who worships false gods or false religions? What I mean is you don't get hit by an arrow from cupid &BOOM,you're in love! Falling in love is a process & a process that takes some time,,,,,,,clearly,to be interested in a person(from across a room) would be purely a physical attraction,right? you know nothing about the person but desire to get to know them,,,,,,okay,so whether it begins with a physical attraction or some intrigue from conversation,,,,,,you still have to get to know them & as a CHristian,that would be my first question & statement,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"I love Jesus,He is my LORD & SAVIOR,how about you?"   Right there is the deciding factor,do I want to know more about this person

Anyway,the whole" Can't help who you fall in love with" just don't fly with me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,May I ask if your OP was based on someone you know of or just in general?                                            With love-in Christ<Kwik

If the christian fell in love before becoming closer to god and starting to follow him? If the relationship started before this person became a real christian wanting to follow god and now the christian loves this muslim and can't leave him?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

dont do it-- no matter what your "what ifs" are its not gonna work----- trust me it will ruin your life