• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, JNMRR said:

If the christian fell in love before becoming closer to god and starting to follow him? If the relationship started before this person became a real christian wanting to follow god and now the christian loves this muslim and can't leave him?

Then you would have a choice to make:  either obey God or choose to disobey Him.  God says not to be unequally yolked with unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14).  Obeying God enables us to walk with His blessing on our lives.  God's commands are for our good.

Choosing to go your own way by marrying someone you know God forbids you to marry will result in heartache.  You can try to convince yourself that you will be happy marrying this person, but if you are walking in disobedience to God you are guaranteeing yourself a life of struggle.

Jesus commands husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church. (Ephesians 5:25)  How can a man do that when he doesn't know Jesus to begin with?  Don't you want a Christian husband who will love you and cherish you the way God originally planned it to be in marriage?  You will be settling for something less than God's best for you if you decide to willfully marry an unbeliever.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 4/8/2016 at 9:23 PM, RustyAngeL said:

The Bible is clear that a Believer in Jesus is not to marry a non believer.  It says we are not to be unequally yolked.  It can cause all kinds of problems but mostly it will be the non believer that will drag the Christian down.  So I would say it is going against what God has asked us not to do.

This, right here. While I try not to judge, the Bible is clear about things like this in order to help us, not hinder us. But, then there are circumstances where I've seen unequally yoked marriages, whereby the spouse who wasn't initially Christian at the beginning of the marriage, ended up converting from the good example of the Christian spouse. What do you make of those types of circumstances?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

14 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

This, right here. While I try not to judge, the Bible is clear about things like this in order to help us, not hinder us. But, then there are circumstances where I've seen unequally yoked marriages, whereby the spouse who wasn't initially Christian at the beginning of the marriage, ended up converting from the good example of the Christian spouse. What do you make of those types of circumstances?

Your trying to change scripture.  I know God can do anything.  But to marry an unbeliever is warned against. God does not give these things to hurt us but to help us.  I would not want to get into a marriage in hopes this person will change.  

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

Your trying to change scripture.  I know God can do anything.  But to marry an unbeliever is warned against. God does not give these things to hurt us but to help us.  I would not want to get into a marriage in hopes this person will change.  

I'm not changing anything, I'm making a statement that I've known people who have married, and they were unequally yoked. I'm sure you know of some too. That's not changing Scripture, I'm simply sharing that. I state that the Bible is clear on this, but I forget on this forum how people here like to correct one another, even when no correction is necessary. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

On 5/27/2016 at 11:15 PM, HAZARD said:

I would not marry a Muslim person. Knowingly or not, Muslims are actually worshiping the PAGAN Moon god.

Moon worship has been practiced in Arabia since 2000 BC. The crescent moon is the most common symbol of this pagan moon worship as far back as 2000 BC.
In Mecca, there was a god named Hubal who was Lord of the Kabah.
This Hubal was a moon god.
One Muslim apologist confessed that the idol of moon god Hubal was placed upon the roof of the Kaba about 400 years before Muhammad. This may in fact be the origin of why the crescent moon is on top of every minaret at the Kaba today and the central symbol of Islam atop of every mosque throughout the world.

One Muslim apologist confessed that the idol of moon god Hubal was placed upon the roof of the Kaba about 400 years before Muhammad. This may in fact be the origin of why the crescent moon is on top of every minaret at the Kaba today and the central symbol of Islam atop of every mosque throughout the world:

About four hundred years before the birth of Muhammad one Amr bin Lahyo ... a descendant of Qahtan and king of Hijaz, had put an idol called Hubal on the roof of the Kaba. This was one of the chief deities of the Quraish before Islam. (Muhammad The Holy Prophet, Hafiz Ghulam Sarwar (Pakistan), p 18-19, Muslim)
The moon god was also referred to as "al-ilah". This is not a proper name of a single specific god, but a generic reference meaning "the god". Each local pagan Arab tribe would refer to their own local tribal pagan god as "al-ilah".
"al-ilah" was later shortened to Allah before Muhammad began promoting his new religion in 610 AD.
There is evidence that Hubal was referred to as "Allah".
When Muhammad came along, he dropped all references to the name "Hubal" but retained the generic "Allah".
Muhammad retained almost all the pagan rituals of the Arabs at the Kaba and redefined them in monotheistic terms.
Regardless of the specifics of the facts, it is clear that Islam is derived from paganism that once worshiped a moon-god.
Although Islam is today a monotheist religion, its roots are in paganism.

The Helper will come who reveals the truth about God…. Be Hoda Kashta bi Allah!

The word to ascend used in the Christian Bible in  Isaiah 14 when Lucifer said "I will ascend into heaven...I will be like the most High", is in Hebrew "Allah" Strong's #5927.

Allah translates "to ascend." Allah is the "fallen one" who wants to ascend into heaven. Allah is another title for Satan, the fallen one. The correct pronunciation of "elohim" is "allah-hay'm." Allah means gods, powers, or angels. In this sense, fallen angels. Allah = Satan. Makes sense why the Muslims who worship him behead infidels instead of loving their enemies as Christ taught. Islam is to Persian mythology (astrology) what Catholicism is to Babylonian paganism. That's why the Islamic symbol is the star and the moon. Both occult idols. One for the moon goddess Diana and the other for the sun god Lucifer, the male and female occult deities. The Muslims worship an idol in the shape of a female body part, (fertility symbol) in the form of the Kabba Stone in Mecca. Islam is idolatrous and pagan.

Just stating a fact. A picture taken at a recent protest in Sydney, religion of peace?

The demonstration at Hyde Park, Sydney.

ISLAM%20RELIGION%20OF%20PEACE..jpg

Well said and absolutely true, Hazard.  The muslim ;allah' is not the same God we worship.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

Just because so and so's spouse became a Christian after the fact does not give any of us the right or call to encourage another person to go against scripture. !! NONE ! To do so, is giving the person the FALSE hope that the spouse will change. Scripture also tells us flat out in black and white, that there is absolutely NO guarantee, that an unsaved spouse will convert.

The original poster is a baby in the Lord, living in a muslim country. Its hard enough to live and practice the Christian life in a country that is so very much against Christianity without also having a spouse, plus in-laws and their friends and neighbors pressuring her to convert to islam. She hasn't yet married this man. And if she does it will certainly interfere with her ability to get to know Jesus better.

A person can NOT serve both the Christian Jesus and the islamic religion at the same time. They will either hate the one and love the other, or will be devoted to the one and despise the other. No one can serve two masters.

And scripture tells us very directly, to not be unequally yoked, and it tells why.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Sometimes we can become quite tempted, to go in the wrong direction.

The devils is always willing to plant traps and snares besides our walk with the Lord.

satan wants us to loose our footing with the Lord.

satan purpose is to steal, kill and destroy.

I also was once placed in a dilemma of really liking someone who was not a christian.

Even though I thought when i met this person, that he was God sent because from all appearances, everything looked just right.

I made the mistake of staying a bit to long (despite the red flags that were popping up =the Holy Spirit of God nudging me, warning me), and found out that all that looked so good at first was really not the case.

The experience shook my faith, and from my errors, I had to really climb back up to the place of peace with the Lord, I once was in before
I 'fell in love' with someone completely unequally yoked. After I left the situation, It took me almost five years to work things out and reclaim the things I had lost from the experience, including the peace I had with the Lord, before "falling"away from Gods Will for my life.

I wish I had listened to the Holy Spirit warning me, (because He did and in numerous ways) before I let myself think that I could handle all this on my own.

Finally, when I knew that this relationship was absolutely wrong, I had a very hard time letting go of it.

I prayed and also called a christian prayer line, asking for help and prayers about the situation.

The christian lady was completely faithful to Gods Word, and with unwavering faith showed me the facts of my situation.

We prayed about it, and by the end of our conversation and prayer, I new that if I truly love the Lord, and desired to follow HIM with my all,

that I had to break free from this person, who was not a christian.

At the time, it seemed like one of the hardest things that I had to do.

Thank God that I did , and God did help me to get out.

God also was there to comfort me and help me get back in my footing in Him.

With our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, He will bring to you what is right for you and your life in Him.

Trust always the Lord and His word to guide you.

Temptations come in many ways... but if we stand by His Word and keep an everyday prayer relationship with God,, the Holy Spirit of God will speak to you and guide you

in His ways.

Our ways sometimes do not align with His ways.

Trust the Lord and lean not on your own understanding and He will make your path clear.

Don't just go by the flutter of your heart, your romantic feelings.. it can mislead.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I would add, in addition to all of the good advice in this thread, that the EMOTION of love, is not a good basis for a marriage. It is nice to have, but it is optional. Love of that sort can come and go. In a marriage, the man and woman should love each other, not just as an emotion, but in the sense of always seeking the well being of the other.

If a Christian chooses to marry an unbeliever, in defiance of scripture, I believe that to be a case of idolotry, with the spouse being the idol. You cannot put another person, or your own desires over God.

Missionary dating, is never a good idea. Missionary marriage, is an invitation to a catastrophe!

You had the good sense to ask for advice, follow that up with the good sense to take it! Pray for strength, do what is right. In the meantime, if you love the man, pray for him, but stay unattached. If later, he converts to Christianity, and sticks that out for a while and matures in the faith, you can reconsider it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

If the christian fell in love before becoming closer to god and starting to follow him? If the relationship started before this person became a real christian wanting to follow god and now the christian loves this muslim and can't leave him?                                                      posted by Jmnnr

Blessings,,,,,,,,,,,,

Okay,now that's a different story & it was not "Poof-struck by a love bug" ,,,,,,which is ridiculous as I mentioned earlier   So now you are saying the 2 were NOT Christians in the first place but then one decided to follow Christ & the other is a muslim,after the fact-right?

Well,someone said earlier,,,,,now you have a decision to make & that about says "IT ALL",,,,,,,here is what I think & it is my advice if you want it,,,,,,it is the same as this...................

King James Bible
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.                                                                              Luke 14:26

This is direct from GOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He is not saying to "despise" family,loved one's etc,,,,,but HE MUST come FIRST and we must be willing to forsake anything & anyone because we LOVE JESUS THAT MUCH,,,,,more than anyone or anything!!!!Youm made a statement & said "I CAN"T leave him" so what you are actually saying is that you CAN leave Christ,right? Now I know you're response is going t o be"Why can't I have both?" Because,Beloved,,,,,,,,,,,,Jesus just asked you "How much do you love me" in that little verse of Scripture that I quoted,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Remember this,,,,,,do you think a GOD,the ONE True LIVING GOD,the One Who gave His very own LIFE for YOU would take your place on that cross if He did not LOVE YOU & want you to have,not only ETERNAL Life with Him but also,a more abundant life here & now with HIM? Do you think He would want you to do anything that would hurt you and keep you from having Peace,Joy,Love ? Of course not,,,,,,do you not think He knows what is the very best for YOU?Of course He does & you have to Trust HIM with your life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He died for YOU,now Live FOR HIM,if you love Him

If you left your muslim friend the very moment you made the decision to live for Christ & surrendered your "self" & you would trust in the Lord He does Complete you & HE does Provide us with much more than we could ever hope or imagine,,,,,,,many will say that perhaps your muslim friend come to Jesus & you can live happily ever after,,,,,,,,,,,,,well,maybe that is true & if it is what the Lord God has for you then surely He Will do that but you have a decision to- make,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if it were Gods Will ,Plan & Purpose of your calling then it would not matter if you left the guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

King James Bible
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
                                                                                           Ephesians 3:20

If this guy loves YOU & you left him for your love for Jesus perhaps it would provoke him to 'jealously" to seek what it is you have that he does not? I'm not saying that would happen but maybe your actions would point him to the WAY of the Cross? In any event,do you love yourself & your temporal life more than our Lord & Savior or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe that is the choice,,,,,,,,imo

Praying for you                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

4 hours ago, giggling appy said:

Just because so and so's spouse became a Christian after the fact does not give any of us the right or call to encourage another person to go against scripture. !! NONE ! To do so, is giving the person the FALSE hope that the spouse will change. Scripture also tells us flat out in black and white, that there is absolutely NO guarantee, that an unsaved spouse will convert.

The original poster is a baby in the Lord, living in a muslim country. Its hard enough to live and practice the Christian life in a country that is so very much against Christianity without also having a spouse, plus in-laws and their friends and neighbors pressuring her to convert to islam. She hasn't yet married this man. And if she does it will certainly interfere with her ability to get to know Jesus better.

A person can NOT serve both the Christian Jesus and the islamic religion at the same time. They will either hate the one and love the other, or will be devoted to the one and despise the other. No one can serve two masters.

And scripture tells us very directly, to not be unequally yoked, and it tells why.

I agree, but what should happen with people who are already in such marriages?