• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Can someone please tell me what could be worse than the below

http://listverse.com/2013/09/24/10-horrifying-tortures-of-early-christians/

How do you'll(rapturist)get to escape when early Christians did'nt ?

It was not time for the Church to make Heaven at that time, those same Saints will be called home when we the Church that are living will be called home. ITS ALL ABOUT TIMING. And by the way, many Christians are being murdered in Muslim countries today as we speak, so don't kid yourself that it isn't still happening. 

Matthew 24:14 says the Gospel has to go unto all the world before the end comes, the very next verse speaks about the Abomination of Desolation and verse 16 says Israel must FLEE from Judea the the TROUBLES that will be worse than EVER happen in verses 21 and 22. 

Tribulations can be just ordinary trials and troubles of life also. The GREAT TROUBLE come after the Gospel has been preached unto all the world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9

16 hours ago, RobertS said:

Sorry, Scripture doesn't say he stages his army in Greece. You're throwing together single verses here, and they do not pinpoint Greece as where he is going to amass his army.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to the OP: what we are seeing today is apostasy. Among those professing to be Christians we find that a disturbing amount are Scripturally illiterate, believe that God accepts more than one way to Himself, believe that Sola Scriptura is "wrong", that sex outside of marriage is acceptable and so on.

We can say what we like and claim we cannot "know the hearts of people" and so on. But there comes a point where we really need to take the blinders  off and face the truth around us: whether those who are turning away from the Church were never true Christians or not is not the point. People are leaving the Church and deviating from Scripture and what has been taught from it. We are in the season, and the time is around the corner.

And I stand on that.

-RobertS out.

We understand the people of the world will get more evil so to speak by reading Romans chapter 1 and other verses in the New Testament. That is irrelevant to what this passage means. 

16 hours ago, RobertS said:

And nothing in Scripture says he stages his army in Greece itself. I'm sorry, but to me, it looks like you're trying to "pin the tail on the AC", and folks throughout the centuries have tried that, with one dismal failure after another. And there really is no reason to try to discern the AC's identity: we're not going to be here for the AC's rise or takeover. Not to mention in the unlikely event the church did go through the Trib, we should know from Scripture not to follow any leader that would proclaim himself as "god". No one's going to walk up to him, poke him in the nose and say "I got your number, buddy!"

The Anti-Christ doesn't really set his Army in Greece, he misses the mark there. But he is born in Greece, comes to power there first, then becomes the president of the European Union. You have to be able to understand overlapping prophecies to get it. Daniel 7 says he arises out of the Fourth Beast and Daniel 8 says the Anti-Christ arises out of one of the Four Generals Kingdoms in the Latter Time............since the A.C. must come out of Europe, only Greece fits for Daniel 8 because Greece is in the European Union.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/11/2016 at 9:00 AM, Marcus O'Reillius said:

The "falling away" apostesia, the departure from the rule, or the law, i.e., rebellion: is not a false teaching.

You are correct, except it should be spelled as apostasia (ἀποστασία).

Strong's Concordance
apostasia: defection, revolt

Original Word: ἀποστασία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apostasia
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-os-tas-ee'-ah)
Short Definition: defection, apostasy
Definition: defection, apostasy, revolt.

HELPS Word-studies

646 apostasía (from 868 /aphístēmi, "leave, depart," which is derived from 575 /apó, "away from" and 2476 /histémi, "stand") – properly, departure (implying desertion); apostasy – literally, "a leaving, from a previous standing."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Ezra said:

Thank-you.

apostasia - where we get the word: apostasy.

4 hours ago, Ezra said:

Strong's Concordance
apostasia: defection, revolt

Original Word: ἀποστασία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apostasia
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-os-tas-ee'-ah)
Short Definition: defection, apostasy
Definition: defection, apostasy, revolt.

HELPS Word-studies

646 apostasía (from 868 /aphístēmi, "leave, depart," which is derived from 575 /apó, "away from" and 2476 /histémi, "stand") – properly, departure (implying desertion); apostasy – literally, "a leaving, from a previous standing."

It doesn't have to be a Departure of the rule of law, as I explained in my OP with many facts. It can be a departure if there is an article (subject) and the article is the gathering together unto Christ Jesus.  Show me anywhere where that passage in anywise is speaking about a departure of faith !! It is speaking about the Gathering together unto Christ Jesus (Rapture) and avoiding or missing the Day of the Lord ( THAT DAY WILL NOT COME UNLESS THERE IS A DEPARTURE FIRST )....Now what was being spoken about ? Men leaving the faith, or the RAPTURE ? It was the RAPTURE.......The gathering together unto Christ before the Day of the Lord.  It has nothing to do with a Departure of the Faith in this passage, it is just common sense what they are talking about. Except we can't get that old LEARNED UNDERSTANDING out of our heads. 

13 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

It doesn't have to be a Departure of the rule of law, as I explained in my OP with many facts.

"You can have your own opinion, but you don't get to have your own facts." ~ Patrick Moynihan.

apostasia does not, and cannot, nor does it ever denote a physical removal.

24 minutes ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

"You can have your own opinion, but you don't get to have your own facts." ~ Patrick Moynihan.

apostasia does not, and cannot, nor does it ever denote a physical removal.

You can post that nonsensical post by am old Dem who has died all you want. It doesn't change the facts. 

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

You can post that nonsensical post by am old Dem who has died all you want. It doesn't change the facts. 

That's right: you cannot change the facts.

And you have changed the facts.  So what you think are facts are no longer facts except in your mind.  No one else in their right mind is going to accept the not-facts that you put out.

And the truth spoken by a liar is still the truth, think what you will of Patrick Moynihan, but he was actually an intelligent man.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

It was not time for the Church to make Heaven at that time, those same Saints will be called home when we the Church that are living will be called home. ITS ALL ABOUT TIMING. And by the way, many Christians are being murdered in Muslim countries today as we speak, so don't kid yourself that it isn't still happening. 

Matthew 24:14 says the Gospel has to go unto all the world before the end comes, the very next verse speaks about the Abomination of Desolation and verse 16 says Israel must FLEE from Judea the the TROUBLES that will be worse than EVER happen in verses 21 and 22. 

Tribulations can be just ordinary trials and troubles of life also. The GREAT TROUBLE come after the Gospel has been preached unto all the world.

My point exactly,Christians are being killed...So Im not understanding,what is the end to rapturist,I mean in one instance you'll say it can happen at any time and in another,as per your Matt 24 certain things must happen...You all are contradicting

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

The tribulation is all about deception,ie,satan pretending to be Christ...The problem I see is that people think it's all about death and destruction...satan can't go around killing people and have you believe he is Christ