Jump to content
Last Daze

Being Ready & Encouraging Others

Recommended Posts

Psalms 119 is the longest Psalm in the Bible. It has some amazing insights and encouragements.

Psalm 119 ; the first verses of each stanza.   Read them as a prayer:

 

v1 Happy are they whose life is blameless, who walk according to the Law.

v9 How may a young person lead a blameless life? By living according to Your Word.

v17 Grant this to me, Your servant: let me live, so that I may keep Your Word.

v25 I lie prone in the dust, revive me according to Your Word.

v30 I have chosen the path of faithfulness, I have set Your decrees before me.

v35 Make me go in the path of Your commandments, for that is my delight.

v41 Let Your love descend on me; Your deliverance as You promised.

v49 Keep in mind the Word spoken to Your servant, that which You have taught me to fix my hope.

v57 You are my portion, Lord, I have promised to keep Your Laws.

v65 You have dealt kindly with Your servant, fulfilling Your Word.

 

v73 Your hands made and formed me, give me understanding to learn Your commandments.

v81 I long with all my heart for Your deliverance, in Your Word, I put my hope.

v89 Your Word is everlasting, Lord, it is firmly fixed in heaven.

v97 How I love Your Laws, I meditate on them all day long.

v105 Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

v113 I hate double minded people, but I love Your Law.

v121 I have done what is just and right, You will not abandon me to my oppressors.

v129 Your instruction is wonderful, therefore I gladly keep it.

v137 How just You are, Lord, how straight and true are Your decrees.

v145 I call with my whole heart, answer me, Lord. I shall keep Your statutes.

v153 See the trouble I am in and set me free, for I do not forget Your Laws.

v161 I am persecuted without cause, but Your Word is my mainstay.

v169-176 Let my cry reach You, as promised You give me knowledge and understanding. May Your hand be quick to help me, I long for Your deliverance.

        I have strayed like a lost sheep, come now and search for Your servant.

        Let me live to praise You, I am Yours, keep me safe, I pray.

                                                                                      Ref: Revised English Bible.

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Keras said:

Psalms 119 is the longest Psalm in the Bible. It has some amazing insights and encouragements.

Psalm 119 ; the first verses of each stanza.   Read them as a prayer:

 

v1 Happy are they whose life is blameless, who walk according to the Law.

v9 How may a young person lead a blameless life? By living according to Your Word.

v17 Grant this to me, Your servant: let me live, so that I may keep Your Word.

v25 I lie prone in the dust, revive me according to Your Word.

v30 I have chosen the path of faithfulness, I have set Your decrees before me.

v35 Make me go in the path of Your commandments, for that is my delight.

v41 Let Your love descend on me; Your deliverance as You promised.

v49 Keep in mind the Word spoken to Your servant, that which You have taught me to fix my hope.

v57 You are my portion, Lord, I have promised to keep Your Laws.

v65 You have dealt kindly with Your servant, fulfilling Your Word.

 

v73 Your hands made and formed me, give me understanding to learn Your commandments.

v81 I long with all my heart for Your deliverance, in Your Word, I put my hope.

v89 Your Word is everlasting, Lord, it is firmly fixed in heaven.

v97 How I love Your Laws, I meditate on them all day long.

v105 Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

v113 I hate double minded people, but I love Your Law.

v121 I have done what is just and right, You will not abandon me to my oppressors.

v129 Your instruction is wonderful, therefore I gladly keep it.

v137 How just You are, Lord, how straight and true are Your decrees.

v145 I call with my whole heart, answer me, Lord. I shall keep Your statutes.

v153 See the trouble I am in and set me free, for I do not forget Your Laws.

v161 I am persecuted without cause, but Your Word is my mainstay.

v169-176 Let my cry reach You, as promised You give me knowledge and understanding. May Your hand be quick to help me, I long for Your deliverance.

        I have strayed like a lost sheep, come now and search for Your servant.

        Let me live to praise You, I am Yours, keep me safe, I pray.

                                                                                      Ref: Revised English Bible.

 

 

Look at verse nine again. BY living ,by walking according to THY WORD.    JESUS IS THE WORD.  SING IT , peoples SING IT

and CONTINE IN HIM day by day amen.  and feast on the wonderful scriptures which make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ .   REJOICE IN THE LORD PEOPLES

I SAY REJOICE IN THE LORD .

  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Serving said:

Hi Daze,

Good points.

To be "Lovers of God rather than lovers of pleasure" is a big one I try everyday to uphold.

It is so easy in this modern world with nearly every temptation at our fingertips to either slip into our old ways or simply give in to temptation now and then, that one must constantly be on guard not to give in to the cravings of the flesh which constantly wars against the spirit. 

Those single Christians like myself must make it a top priority to stay chaste for the Lord, this is of utmost importance, for "no fornicator/adulterer will enter into the kingdom of heaven", and this I think is one of the hardest things for a human to do, deny him/herself of those feelings/wants/desires especially when loneliness has taken up residence like some unwelcome housemate.

Yet is possible to achieve, and though it can get frustrating at times, the thoughts that constantly uphold me when temptation calls from the "fairer sex", are these simple thoughts, "I don't want to disappoint the Lord any more than I must already do, Oh Lord, give me strength I pray".. other words, even in times of temptation, if we keep the Lord foremost in our thoughts, we have a very good chance of resisting temptation .. and even when our flesh does it's best to make excuses to block those thoughts out, especially "in the moment" where it is in our hands to take the bait "hook, line and sinker" as it were, just keeping the door of our thoughts ajar in mindfulness to the Lord is usually enough for us to overcome temptation and resist what we otherwise might not have if that door was slammed shut for the sake of our "pleasure".

Suppose all I am saying is this, keep the Lord in our thoughts in every situation (even when our flesh is screaming at us NOT TO) and we will always have a way out of temptation .. because if we don't do this EVERY single day, we will fall.

God bless.   

Hi Serving,

So glad to hear your thoughts Aussie bro. What comes to mind is ` a moment of pleasure a lifetime of regret.`

May God continue to keep you strong bro, in Him.

regards, Marilyn.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Serving said:

It is so easy in this modern world with nearly every temptation at our fingertips to either slip into our old ways or simply give in to temptation now and then, that one must constantly be on guard not to give in to the cravings of the flesh which constantly wars against the spirit. 

Suppose all I am saying is this, keep the Lord in our thoughts in every situation (even when our flesh is screaming at us NOT TO) and we will always have a way out of temptation .. because if we don't do this EVERY single day, we will fall.

God bless.   

I agree, brother.  If we are to counter the normalization of sinful behavior in the world we need to actively focus on walking in the truth. 

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 1:34 PM, Last Daze said:

I think it would be beneficial to have a topic where we can encourage each other to be ready for the return of Christ.  We know that iniquity will abound in the last days and that consequently, the love of many will grow cold.  This is why the writer of Hebrews encourages us to stir up one another to love and good works and all the more as we see the day drawing near.  We are cautioned numerous times to stay awake and be vigilant so its reasonable to assume that their will be an increasing tendency for us to be lulled into complacency.  I'd like for this thread to be a countermeasure against that.

The posts can range anywhere from what it means to be ready, to practical guidance in our daily walk with the Lord, to scriptures that encourage us, to knowing and understanding the events around us, to what actions we should take.  In as much as it's possible, I'd like to stay away from debating eschatological differences in this thread and focus on the one thing that we all can (I think) agree on, being ready.

I think that our being ready primarily depends on being doers of the word.  This is what Jesus said makes one wise, and we know that the virgins that were ready were called wise.  So, I think a good place to start is an honest look at our lives, at the activities we are engaged in.  Some revealing questions to ask ourselves could be:

  • How much time do we spend in prayer and in renewing our minds in the truth?
  • How are we using our spiritual gifts for the edification of the body of Christ?
  • What kinds of things do we treasure?  Or put another way, what topics seem to dominate our conversations?

Maybe there are activities in our lives that we need to repent of, not necessarily things that are unlawful, but things that aren't exactly expedient.  Jesus cautioned against becoming entangled in the cares of this life and just generally wasting time.  I find it beneficial on occasion to engage in a perspective check by asking myself these kinds of questions.

Oh, God bless you, brother!  I love this! 

So many of the things that occupy our time and conversations are not profitable and only serve to accomplish the enemy's goal ....divide and conquer .... I hope and pray it doesn't succeed, especially in the body of Christ.  I pray that we all will focus on the things that are of eternal value... and return to the simplicity of our first love ... just knowing we are Christ's and we are loved by God .... and sharing that with others.... simplicity:emot-heartbeat:

  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 9:07 PM, SisterActs2 said:

My friends, we are soon to be gathered to our King.  We must stay focused, we must stay on track.  We must be united in our hearts to continue to study the Word, Love our God, fellowship together for strength and pray, pray, pray.  Worship, worship. We do not know what awaits any one of us, but as long as we cling to Him like a limpet to a rock, we will be safe, and take as many others with us as possible.

I agree Sister, and so true.  The increase and acceptance of wickedness, especially that which relates to gender perversion / immorality, gives it the illusion of normalcy or validity.  People who don't know the truth are likely to go along with it and agree to show how open-minded and "virtuous" they can be, or they don't want to be shamed for standing against it by being called bigot, homophobe, etc.

The truth of the matter is that God created them male and female with specific physiology for reasons that are self-evident.  Each has their God-given role which is in the best interest of a healthy society.  This is why gender confusion is an abomination to God.

  • A woman shall not wear man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.  Deuteronomy 22:5

So, I agree with you.  We must stay focused and on track.  Love God supremely and our neighbor as our self.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 8:39 AM, Abby-Joy said:

Oh, God bless you, brother!  I love this! 

So many of the things that occupy our time and conversations are not profitable and only serve to accomplish the enemy's goal ....divide and conquer .... I hope and pray it doesn't succeed, especially in the body of Christ.  I pray that we all will focus on the things that are of eternal value... and return to the simplicity of our first love ... just knowing we are Christ's and we are loved by God .... and sharing that with others.... simplicity:emot-heartbeat:

I agree and it's my prayer as well that as the body of Christ is being brought to maturity, that we can set aside petty differences and help each other out. 

  • By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.  John 13:35
  • Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,  does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,  does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  1 Corinthians 13:4-7

If we can't love each other then how can we hope to love our enemies?  Let's not allow the increase in sin that we see in the world to cause our hearts to grow cold.  We have a hope beyond this world so let us fix our eyes on our returning redeemer King and do His will!

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a while I was feeling judgmental towards a few Christians in my church, especially one in particular who I one of our pastors and caught up in weight loss world of taking selfies. He also makes fun of others among other things.

But then it dawned on me, Im no different. I have sins too I need to repent of, like anger and judgmentalness, so now I don't ruminate over and over about someone's behavior. I am trying to work on myself instead. 

The lord has been growing my love towards others. Its been amazing! It feels good to be free from hatred and bitterness.

I feel like this is God getting me ready for His return.

  • Thumbs Up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...