• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, Last Daze said:

I'm wanting to compile a listing of things that are being taught as truth in the church today which are in fact deceptions.  We know that in the end times that deception will become so prevalent that it will even be taught by those who come in Jesus name (Matthew 24:5) so I want to identify some of those false teachings.  Since I have a limited exposure to what's being taught in the churches today, I'd like feedback from those who have come across teachings which are contrary to the word of God yet presented as truth.  Some examples of what I've observed would be:

• Unitarianism - rejects the deity of Christ and consequently Him being the only way to the Father.
  • Gender Confusion - rejects biological gender and God ordained sexuality.  It is essentially what the rainbow flag endorses.
  • Dysfunctional Authority - rejects the God ordained authority structure of 1 Corinthians 11:3.

What other kinds of things have you seen or heard of that are being taught / practiced in the churches today that are based on lies and are a compromise of the truth?

Hi LD,

Here are some false teachings:

The teaching that salvation is by grace PLUS works.....SDA, JW's, Church of Christ, RCC

The teaching that Jesus is not God.....JW's

The teaching that baptism is necessary for salvation....

The teaching that a believer can be RID of his sin nature....Pentecostal-Charismatic Movement  

The teaching that God is finished with the nation of Israel and that the church has replaced Israel....RCC and most protestant denominations

The teaching that God chooses who will be saved and that only those who are chosen can be saved.....Calvinism

The teaching that a person can take the mark of the beast and still be saved....John MacArthur

The teaching of "Word faith"... Kenneth Copeland, Fred Price, Paul Crouch, Benny Hinn....Joel Oesteen, Joyce Meyers....etc

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

23 hours ago, ayin jade said:

"Christian yoga"

that can be a serious problem if not done strictly as exercise.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, Last Daze said:

What other kinds of things have you seen or heard of that are being taught / practiced in the churches today that are based on lies and are a compromise of the truth?

Sometimes it's the things that are not taught that are the problem. A culture develops where any thing mildly critical of the way things are being done is considered "rebellion".

The whole Greco-Roman style of assembly cultivates an oratorical man-centred body that ignores the Scriptural intention that each member of the body of Christ participates in its function.

Also my wife came home from her meeting where a missionary spoke of evangelizing Moslems using the false premise that they and Christians worship the same God. Needless to say I condemned that practice.  

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when you come together, every one of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1Pe 4:10-11
(10)  As every man has received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
(11)  If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God gives: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1Pe 5:1-3
(1)  The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
(2)  Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
(3)  Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Another one Im seeing is the emergent church redefining Jesus and salvation.

Another one someone else mentioned is that allah of islam is like our Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Two I am aware of is the Charismatic movement and the emergent movement. They are quite popular. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Repenting of sins to be saved ( if you take that to mean stop sinning- clean up your act,etc) Sorry, That is not in the KJV .  One must Repent to be saved,  but it means to “ change your mind” Change your mind from what ? The sin of self- righteousness- you are ok as you are and you don’t need the Blood Of Christ to wash away your sins.

You will go to Hell if you have not repented from all of your sins before you die.Accidentally bang your head ,say %&#+#&# and if you die of a heart attack suddenly at that moment without having the time or luck to repent .....you will be as lost as Hitler. “ Lucky Repentance” is what I call it.Some get lucky,others don’t.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/20/2019 at 9:01 PM, BeauJangles said:

Prosperity - teaches erroneously to 'speak faith into being' of anything for personal reasons. Especially riches and wealth, which is beyond what is written in God's Word. 

True.  The pursuit of material things runs contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

• “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  Matthew 6:19-21

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, Michael37 said:

Sometimes it's the things that are not taught that are the problem. A culture develops where any thing mildly critical of the way things are being done is considered "rebellion".

The whole Greco-Roman style of assembly cultivates an oratorical man-centred body that ignores the Scriptural intention that each member of the body of Christ participates in its function.

Also my wife came home from her meeting where a missionary spoke of evangelizing Moslems using the false premise that they and Christians worship the same God. Needless to say I condemned that practice.  

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when you come together, every one of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1Pe 4:10-11
(10)  As every man has received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
(11)  If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God gives: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1Pe 5:1-3
(1)  The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
(2)  Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
(3)  Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

Good observation.  I wonder if western corporations haven't influenced the sort of hierarchical structure we see in a lot of churches.  My understanding of the term "Nicolaitans" is that it refers to those who exercise victory over the lay people.

• But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them.  It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”  Matthew 20:25-28
Edited by Last Daze
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  727
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1959

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Repenting of sins to be saved ( if you take that to mean stop sinning- clean up your act,etc) Sorry, That is not in the KJV .  One must Repent to be saved,  but it means to “ change your mind” Change your mind from what ? The sin of self- righteousness- you are ok as you are and you don’t need the Blood Of Christ to wash away your sins.

You will go to Hell if you have not repented from all of your sins before you die.Accidentally bang your head ,say %&#+#&# and if you die of a heart attack suddenly at that moment without having the time or luck to repent .....you will be as lost as Hitler. “ Lucky Repentance” is what I call it.Some get lucky,others don’t.

I agree with most of this, however, without repenting we are not saved. 

Repent means to turn to God in submission to Him as Lord.

Repent is about changing the kingdom you are in by changing who your Lord is. 

If we are called to repent, turn to God, then by default we are called to turn away from Satan as our Lord and master. 

Our Master is the one we obey. 

Here is the Gospel that Jesus commissioned Paul to preach.

• that they should repent, turn to God

But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ 

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:16-20

JLB

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Where ever there is truth a lie may be formed against it... knowing the only reliable truth 'IS' the Word of God we should eat drink and sleep it...

• Thumbs Up 4