IGNORED

Are we POSITIVE we are not overreacting?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,268
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

On Monday we had one case from another county who survived.  By Friday we learned of several deaths and about 20 cases in our town.  It spreads and multiplies really fast.  A Senior living quarters has a lot of cases here.

So ;you may not have heard of the cases near you yet, but by the time you do people will be dying from it and many of the people they exposed will have it.  Too many people will think they have a bad cold and are exposing everyone.  So if I go out I will wear a mask, gloves, sunglasses or goggles, and wipe things down and wash my hands often.  

Food is being rationed.  2 cans per person.  Tell that to my dogs.  That is one day of food for them.

There is no alcohol sanitizer available.  A recipe for it that I heard is 2/3 rubbing alcohol and 1/3 aloe vera gel. 

So I will continue to pray for those I know who, like myself, have severe asthma or weakened immune systems. Both of my daughters in law have immunity problems.  

It is very possible that the politicians  will try to use this to set up a Marxist society or the new world order if it results in economic collapse.  But our civilization has endured pandemics in past centuries.  I do hope that everyone takes it seriously enough to practice frequent hand washing.  I worry most about the teens and college age group that think they can't be touched by it and only the elderly will be affected.  Most schools are turning to the internet for education. People are being resourceful and becoming drive in restaurants. 

Our church once talked of dividing into home churches if this happened.  But I never dreamed it could happened so fast.  10 people are all that can legally gather in one place in our state, and this is also what our president recommended.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

40 minutes ago, George said:

Just a thought ... and this is from the opposite side of the spectrum.  As I think through scenarios ... do you think when this is all said and done ... and the death toll is much less than has been predicted ... what do you think the workers of the world ... the small business owners whose livelihoods have been destroyed ... actually rise up against the powers that be that implemented these measures? 

I could see this a little differently in the next year ... as we already have been seeing all over the world -- civil wars -- and this could lead to mass population upheaval due to the fact that millions won't have a job or livelihood to return.

If the death toll is much less than prodicted it should be a good sign that we did something right...      I do share your concern about what happens next.  It will depend on how we as a people take care of each other as we get back on our feet....    somewhat like the US in the late 20's through the first stages of WWII.   People took care of each other...   if we don't do that either individually or corporately through Church, Local or Federal Government programs there will be a huge upheaval by desperate people.

We get so many necessities from China including drugs.....     so what happens if Chinese society collapses and they don't get their manufacturing back up and running.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, Jostler said:

have you examined why you believe as you do?  What is your belief based on?

I look at all the statistics. I learned a long time ago that by the use of certain statistics while ignoring others or using certain words over others or ignoring certain things can slant anything. The truth is there is a virus. The response is overkill. Compare it to other sicknesses, other reasons of death and this virus pales in comparison. In my area, the restaurants are closed, yet spacing, lowering occupancy, and extra cleaning would suffice (this also stated by some of the experts). Instead, I see many losing their livelihood.  Stores in my area stay open, they are using some spacing and using precaution and it is working. There are shortages based upon greed and fear, but much continues. My gym closed yesterday, unfortunate but will live through it. The harm I see is in the over reaction and over kill. It is going to harm so many and already has. Our over reaction is causing more harm than the virus itself would have ever done.

I am being obedient unto the government in the ways I deem appropriate. I am avoiding large gatherings, our church will be conducting the worship service via on line, but they have not made it mandatory to self quarantine, so I won't. I have a life to live and people to serve. I will do so. I know the Lord shields me in my work for him. I feel the work of a minister in these times is ever bit as important as any health provider. I still have sick to visit and people to pray with or counsel. I will not do this at a distance.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  16

1 minute ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Could you run that by me again in English?  French would be ok, too. 

LRAD = Long Range Acoustic Device

It's a stand-off, non-lethal (usually) sonic weapon used for area denial or crowd control.  It's tune-able so it can achieve a variety of effects.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

6 hours ago, Jostler said:

Well, they're getting ready for something....you don't need LRAD on humvee turrets to distribute lunches to underprivileged kids...

Baltimore1.png

Baltimore2.png

There are pictures and rumors about this going on in Illinois. Also, threats of fines and jail time if caught out in the street without a good reason such as going somewhere deemed essential. They kept liquor stores opened and called them “essential.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  16

10 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

There are pictures and rumors about this going on in Illinois. Also, threats of fines and jail time if caught out in the street without a good reason such as going somewhere deemed essential. They kept liquor stores opened and called them “essential.”

I am very concerned for Chicago.  I am guessing civil unrest, rioting and general mayhem have a good chance of beginning there, and Baltimore is probably going to be right there with Chicago.   New York and Illinois followed California with state wide "stay home" orders.  70 million Americans are under one degree or another of lock down.

unfortunately this is just beginning.   We have plenty of data from China, and many Asian countries, and now Italy, Spain, Germany.....enough to know what to expect from this virus.  FAA just announced a "ground stop" order of unknown duration at all NY area airports due to positive tests among TSA employees, and Dulles just announced a positive TSA employee so Washington DC could be next.

Life is different now, and will not be returning to what we considered normal a month ago.  The market carnage that has ensued this past week cannot be undone and it is literally unprecedented in scale.  It may take some time to see what normal is going to mean in the future, but change is certain....and it will be dramatic.

Civil unrest is a given, and in some places (Chicago, Baltimore, LA for certain) it will probably be very intense.  As boomers realize their retirements have disappeared, and unemployment takes it's bite, the emotional backlash will be intense.  Cities will burn.

This is not just a virus we're dealing with, but a bevy of issues coming to a head all at once. 

• Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

46 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I am very concerned for Chicago

By the grace of God, I don’t live in the city, although things can happen anywhere. If things are still bad in the summer, Chicago is going to be horrible. Just horrible. And so many of us want to serve in Chicago and help, but it’s just not safe and will only get worse with this crisis.Especially  because they have no money.

the mayor came on TV today asking that people donate to a fund to help the city of Chicago.

Chicagoans really do need the National Guard. IMO, it is the worse place on earth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Move over franklin roosevelt ,  for the only thing we have to fear .....................IS NOT KNOWING JESUS .     Whatever is coming is coming .    But to not know Christ entails a death far worse than death itself .  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

the mayor came on TV today asking that people donate to a fund to help the city of Chicago.

Chicagoans really do need the National Guard. IMO, it is the worse place on earth.

I've also read and heard Detroit Michigan was in pretty bad shape as well. This would be the case for all major cities in the United States, however.  Here's a little information on that from the 15th. 

Michigan announces 20 additional positive cases of COVID-19

Total of 53 cases in the state to date

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

No. 020 – March 15, 2020

LANSING, MICH. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) announced today 20 positive cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This brings the state total of COVID-19 cases to 53.

The cases include:

• Washtenaw County, three adult males, all with a history of international travel.
  • Detroit, adult female with unknown travel history.
  • Oakland County, adult female with contact with a person with COVID-19.
  • Detroit, adult female with contact with a person with COVID-19.
  • Macomb County, adult female with unknown travel history.
  • Oakland County, male child with contact with a person with COVID-19
  • Kent County, adult male with unknown travel history and unknown contact history.
  • Oakland County, adult male with unknown travel and contact history.
  • Wayne County, adult male with unknown travel and contact history.
  • Ottawa County, adult female with unknown travel and contact history.
  • St. Clair County, adult female with contact with a person with COVID-19.
  • Macomb County, two adult males with no travel or contact reported.
  • Wayne County, adult male with no travel or contact reported.
  • Oakland County, adult male with international travel history.
  • Oakland County, adult male with no history of travel or contacts.
  • Detroit, adult female with no history of travel or contacts.
  • Kent County, adult male with history of domestic travel.

COVID-19 symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus.

They include:

• Fever.
  • Cough.
  • Shortness of breath.This is a rapidly evolving situation.

Updates will be posted to Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I just read this and thought it is important enough to post here.  This is from the Washington Examiner, a source I am not familiar with.

Breaking: Trump eyes two-week quarantine, only drug and grocery stores open

The article states that the National Guard could be called up to patrol with emergency personal, but the quarantine will not be stated until they are in place in every state.  Praying this is false news.