• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Other one.... just another thing—-

If the 10 commandments are alive and well, and they are, than the 4th commandment concerning the Sabbath is also relevant. But this is the commandment that God knew the “little horn” would first attack since it is the easiest to get people to disobey. And I am sure you will agree that just about everyone discounts the importance and necessity of keeping the Sabbath- either because they contend it is just another day AND God is with us every day, or we are worshiping Him on Sunday— what is the difference?

The difference is that God created the 7th day and made it Holy.. no other day did He make Holy, and no man (little horn) can make Holy something that is common (see Aaron’s two sons who attempted to bring common fire to the alter. They were instantly killed). 

If He made a 7th day AFTER He had already made everything He needed to in 6 days, there must be a very special reason for Him to do this.. There was NO reason for Him to create another day- 6 days was sufficient to make everything man would need! 

Jesus kept the Sabbath, the Apostles kept the Sabbath, Paul kept the Sabbath, Paul and all the disciples and the early church kept the Sabbath... it wasn’t until 321AD when Constantine changed the Sabbath to Sunday when he brought the  pagans into Christianity and blended pagan rituals with the Christian Church.. the pagans worshipped the “sun-god”, and the Constantine allowed pagan traditions to come in.  And this was clearly prophecized in Daniel when He said that the “little horn will THINK to change times and laws”. Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Amen, as of now Every day shud become our sabbath that rest our heart in Christ, not our body.

Disciples picked some grains on sabbath day when they were hungry, Sabbath is just a shadow of resting in Christ so when Christ alrdy came why wud not people follow Sabbath every day in Him.

The Hebrew followed Sabbath in the desert, nobody entered the promised land until one generation died. The same with hypocrite pharisees, they only rest their body but their heart is far away.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one judge you regarding what you eat or drink or regarding Feast days or Sabbath.

Paul has explained the gentile church  in Colosse who are not familiar with Hebrew customs that they are free from such practice. 

Please see the previous posts above ... thanks.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, other one said:

Done away with only to the extent that those who are born again live a spirit filled life by the commands that Jesus gave us....  Love God with all your heart and soul....   love your neighbor as yourself.....   People before Jesus time did not have access to the Holy Spirit within all the time.....    now we can and should be in constant contact with the Godhead through the Holy Spirit.....    we do not have a sabbath day to focus on the Lord, we have him with us 24/7/365.   Jesus doesn't want you one day a week, he wants your all and doesn't accept less.

If you love the Lord with your all, you will be focused on him every day...   if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not lie to him, or go after his wife....   and as for murder, we are not to even hate someone without cause...  and even  love our enemy and pray for him/her.  Jesus's commandments are much more extensive than the old laws.   If you read the last half of Matthew chapter 25 you will see Jesus condemning a group of people to hell....   people who are shocked that he is turning them away.....     go and read through the reasons he states that he is rejecting them and I do believe you will find that they do not break any of the ten commandments...  You can live your entire life and not break one of the ten commandments and still go to hell...  so I say it is dangerous to preach the ten commandments are still valid...

Excellent! 

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. ... And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Spock said:

This may be moved out of PROPHECY so beware....

As to answering your question, I won’t answer using the pronoun “we” because we all have to figure stuff like this out for ourselves. So I will use the pronoun “me, I or us” referring to my wife and I.  Some believe no particular day is required, some say this is only for Jews, some say Saturday, some say Monday, and some even choose another day more convenient for them.

My wife and I decided to keep it simple and to just keep and honor the 10 commandments,  so we do try to keep the Sabbath Day holy.   I believe God determined the Sabbath Day holy in the book of Genesis, during the creation stage, so I don’t believe this started with Moses and the Jews. Even If keeping this commandment is deemed “not required“, how could it hurt us to keep the Sabbath Day holy?  We know God knows our hearts, and Knows it is always our desire to please Him before man. 

15 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

You have the right idea @Charlie744. I see Tanakh verses oft quoted to tell us the things we must do and what we should learn etc. However, when it comes to the Sabbath, many follow the way of carelessness and decide they have the 'right' to ignore it in favor of the RCC's day (sun-day).

Funny how the Passover is misunderstood by most and the easter stuff is adhered to in favor of a historical Passover Week (Wednesday Nisan 14 thru Nisan 17, which was a SABBATH). It is all contrived man made dogma, yet it is sad how the RCC laugh at us 'protestants' for listening to the Papal Edicts and thus the authority of Rome. They crow about this in their statements, and decry the protestants by mocking them in every way they can.

I observe the Sabbath and attempt to keep it holy. The Sabbath was instituted by God for us to Remember His Great Creation by; yes, even before sin's contamination entered the world.

Mark 2 27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Paul has explained the gentile church  in Colosse who are not familiar with Hebrew customs that they are free from such practice. 

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one judge you regarding what you eat or drink or regarding Feast days or Sabbath.

If you want to follow sabbath its your rights, just dont judge people who dont as Paul has written it.

Matt 5 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

As of now Every day shud become our sabbath that rest our heart in Christ, not our body. Because Christ has fulfilled the sabbath.

Disciples picked some grains on sabbath day when they were hungry, Sabbath is just a shadow of resting in Christ so when Christ alrdy came why wud not people follow Sabbath every day in Him.

The Hebrew followed Sabbath in the desert, nobody entered the promised land until one generation died. The same with hypocrite pharisees, they only rest their body but their heart is far away.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

"One day an expert in the law stood up to test Him. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

“What is written in the Law?” Jesus replied. “How do you read it?”

He answered, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus said. “Do this and you will live.” - Luke 10

"Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

“Which ones?” the man asked.

Jesus answered, ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself.’”

All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?”

Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.” - Matt 19

Thank you both for your thoughts and opinions .. and it is abundantly clear that the majority (maybe something near 90%) of Christians are also worshipping on the first day of the week. And that is their right!

For me, I have presented my thoughts on keeping the Sabbath— whether it is due to the creation events, by their inclusion / confirmation in the 10 commandments, or Jesus telling us to “keep my commandments”, or the apostles and Paul honoring the Sabbath... 

so we are all good! We are all free to do what is right in our own heart.

Thanks for all your comments, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

52 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you both for your thoughts and opinions .. and it is abundantly clear that the majority (maybe something near 90%) of Christians are also worshipping on the first day of the week. And that is their right!

For me, I have presented my thoughts on keeping the Sabbath— whether it is due to the creation events, by their inclusion / confirmation in the 10 commandments, or Jesus telling us to “keep my commandments”, or the apostles and Paul honoring the Sabbath... 

so we are all good! We are all free to do what is right in our own heart.

Thanks for all your comments, Charlie 

Good discussion Charlie.  Thanks for moderating. Can’t wait for your Christmas (Satan’s cause) and Easter (bunny ) thread. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Spock, very kind of you and Justin Adams to offer your “thumbs up” and kind words!

Best wishes always and Happy Sabbath! Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Charlie744 said:

Spock, very kind of you and Justin Adams to offer your “thumbs up” and kind words!

Best wishes always and Happy Sabbath! Charlie 

Shabbat Shalom, brother. 

I edited my previous post so go check it out. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Wayne, thank you but how can the 7th day be a shadow?

God created another day just so we can spend time with Him.  Did the Cross take away the 7th day? It was made for man ... had nothing to do with the Jews. It is for mankind forever. 

And God specifically included the keeping of the Sabbath in the 10 commandments... and it is the only one beginning with “remember”  - and yet this is the one we do not remember to keep. 

God is the only One who can declare or make something Holy... the Sabbath is indeed Holy and no man can change that.... they certainly can ignore it and unfortunately, almost all of the Christian world does... this mean of course is the result of the RCC who moved the Sabbath to the first day of the week

Hmmmm, this sounds like something the two Beasts of Rev 13 will do when they rise up.....change the laws.......hmmmm.

• Thumbs Up 1