• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,699
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

Charlie I suggest that you start another thread on this and lay it out as it pleases you.

Perhaps cite Gen. and then the next verse as you see it, provide comment and see if it catches on.

Very good and thanks... I will do that! Best wishes, CharlieĀ 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.51
  • Days Won:  12

6 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Ok and thanks! I think I got it. Here are some of my thoughts:

1) Personally, the Lazarus parable is just that- a parable teaching us that there is nothing we or anyone can do regarding our salvation once we die... no do overs, no mulligans, etc. I donā€™t believe this speaks or confirms what the other side looks like (just me),

Ā 

Have a look at every parable that is named as such; not one has a realĀ person in it, much less a famous person, like Abraham.Ā  It is not a parable but an account of an actual event.

2) Regarding your sited verse in ECC., I donā€™t think anyone would disagree the Spirit does return to Him Who have it... but I donā€™t believe this Spirit given by God IS synonymous with our thoughts, our beliefs, etc. it is His Spirit that gives life to the body to BECOME a living soul. I know this is going to be a very bad analogy but if we unplug the electrical cord from an appliance the appliance essential is dead (no longer functioning or able to perform). The electricity or power does not continue on ... Godā€™s power or His Spirit that allows for life (allows the body to become a living soul) has been removed.Ā 

The verse in Ecclesiastes is referring to the human spirit, not the Holy Spirit, since very few people in the OT are stated to have had the Holy Spirit in them at all, and certainly not unbelievers.

Ā 

So, going back to Genesis where we find the ā€œcomponentsā€ of man, we see a body (A), and God breathes His Spirit (B) into (A) and allows or creates a living soul.Ā 

IF that is a valid definition of man in Genesis, then all subsequent verses in Scripture must keep with this definition... and yetĀ there are many verses that CAN and ARE confusing / orĀ subject to different interpretations- 3 parts - Spirit, Soul and Body.Ā 

Thanks again, CharlieĀ 

Ā 

In the OT, man is generally viewed as bipartite (inner man and outer man).Ā  It is in the NT that we get more information and the distinction is made between the two components of the inner man (soul and spirit).

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.51
  • Days Won:  12

5 hours ago, Josheb said:

Okay. ThxĀ 

SoĀ let me run something by you. Paul is using the language of "house," and "tent," "building," and "dwelling place." These are terms typically, commonly, and most often used for the meeting place of God, or in the New Testament terms used for theĀ Church, not the physical human body. Furthermore, Paul is using plural pronouns, not individual pronouns; he's not saying, "I am at home in this body..." He's using plural and inclusive language.Ā 

So I suggest to you that it is not "clearly". It may be clear to you but not to me. I am not saying Paul is definitely not referencing the human body, just that I see another reference present, one I think bears greater consistency with the local and larger texts.Ā 

Jesus told us "In my Father's house there are many dwelling places," and he went to prepare for us a place therein (Jn. 14:2-3). Furthermore we have Paul speaking in his first letter to the Corinthians of a single body with many members. The body is the Church and the members are the individual believers (1 Cor. 12). I spoke in similar terms of the single body with many individual believer-members in Romans 12.Ā 

Romans 12:4-5
"For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, Ā so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."Ā 

Paul uses the word over 90 times in his epistles and a good many of them are references to the Church, the body of Christ, not the body of flesh and blood. One of the ways to distinguish which is which is the companying pronouns. Are the singular or plural? There's not always a uniformity but this is still useful.

For example,Ā 

Romans 8:9-25
"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. Ā If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. Ā But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Ā So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the fleshā€” Ā for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Ā For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Ā For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" Ā The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, Ā and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. Ā For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Ā For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. Ā For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope Ā that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. Ā For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. Ā And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. Ā For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? Ā But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it."

I assume we can all agree here Paul is speaking of the individual'sĀ physical body of flesh and blood, eyes, ears, arms, and legs.

Romans 12:3-5
"For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith. Ā For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, Ā so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."

I assume we can all agree here Paul is not speaking of the individual's physical body of flesh and blood but of a single body with many members where the body is the ChurchĀ or, metaphorically, Christ's body.Ā 

If we take this body and place it into the 2 Cor. 5 text it reads something like,Ā 

2 Corinthians 4:16-5:10
"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. Ā For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, Ā while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.Ā For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens [which is the body of Christ, the Church]. Ā For indeed in this [church] we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, Ā inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked. Ā For indeed while we are in this [Church], we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life. Ā Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us (the Church) the Spirit as a pledge. Ā Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the [Church] we are absent from the Lordā€” Ā for we walk by faith, not by sightā€” Ā we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the [Church] and to be at home with the Lord. Ā Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. Ā For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the [Church], according to what he has done, whether good or bad."

Paul did not say "if the earthly tent is torn down we get a new body." He said we (already) have a building, not we willĀ have a building; one already exists. I think that clause "having put it on" is important. We've "put on" Christ (Rom. 13:14), making no provision for the flesh, and "put on" the new self which is created in God's likeness in righteousness of the truth (Eph. 4:24). We were found naked and ashamed in Eden after our disobedience and clothed in coverings that required sacrifice. Is this 2 Cor. 5:3-5 not a reference to Eden? What - orĀ whoĀ then is our clothing? And the comment about a house not made with human hands is one used throughout the NT in reference to the Church; God does not living in buildings made from human hands (Acts 7:48, 17:24).Ā 

Thoughts?Ā 

Ā 

The physical body is referred to as a tent.

2 Pet. 1:13,14 (WEB)

13 I think it right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you;
14 knowing that the putting off of my tent comes swiftly, even as our Lord Jesus Christ made clear to me.

We are all in a tent (not the same tent - one each).

Paul did not say "if the earthly tent is torn down we get a new body." He said we (already) have a building, not we will have a building; one already exists.

2 Cor. 5:1-4 (WEB)

1 For we know that if the earthly house of our tent is dissolved, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal, in the heavens.
2 For most certainly in this we groan, longing to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven;
3 if so be that being clothed we will not be found naked.
4 For indeed we who are in this tent do groan, being burdened; not that we desire to be unclothed, but that we desire to be clothed, that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

This refers to the resurrection, treated as something already waiting for us, in the heavens, when our mortal flesh becomes immortal.

We don't groan because we are in the Church, we groan because we are in a dying, corrupt physical body that is wearing out, that becomes ill and decrepit.

1 Cor. 15:42-44 (WEB)

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption.
43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is also a spiritual body.Ā 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, Charlie744 said:

Ok and thanks! I think I got it. Here are some of my thoughts:

1) Personally, the Lazarus parable is just that- a parable teaching us that there is nothing we or anyone can do regarding our salvation once we die... no do overs, no mulligans, etc. I donā€™t believe this speaks or confirms what the other side looks like (just me),

2) Regarding your sited verse in ECC., I donā€™t think anyone would disagree the Spirit does return to Him Who have it... but I donā€™t believe this Spirit given by God IS synonymous with our thoughts, our beliefs, etc. it is His Spirit that gives life to the body to BECOME a living soul. I know this is going to be a very bad analogy but if we unplug the electrical cord from an appliance the appliance essential is dead (no longer functioning or able to perform). The electricity or power does not continue on ... Godā€™s power or His Spirit that allows for life (allows the body to become a living soul) has been removed.Ā 

So, going back to Genesis where we find the ā€œcomponentsā€ of man, we see a body (A), and God breathes His Spirit (B) into (A) and allows or creates a living soul.Ā 

IF that is a valid definition of man in Genesis, then all subsequent verses in Scripture must keep with this definition... and yetĀ there are many verses that CAN and ARE confusing / orĀ subject to different interpretations- 3 parts - Spirit, Soul and Body.Ā 

Thanks again, CharlieĀ 

Ā 

Shalom, Charlie.

There's a problem with this belief. The word "spirit" (the Hebrew word "ruwach," meaning "wind") is not used in Genesis 2:7, when the "soul" is first named for the man. Again, "soul" (the Hebrew word is "nefesh"), means an "air-breathing creature." The word used instead of "spirit" for "breath" in Genesis 2:7 is "nishmat," which is the noun construct state of "nshaamaah," meaning a "puff" of air. However one defines "spirit" otherwise,Ā it's NOT USED in Genesis 2:7! It's NOT what God put into the man!

Thus, Genesis 2:7 does NOT support the "tripartite view of the composition of a man."

Look, it's really very basic. There is no "tripartite view" in Genesis 2:7. The man (Hebrew: haa'aadaam) IS the body! Don't try to read more into the verse than is given for us to read! That he could "breathe in; breathe out; breathe in; breathe out ..." for his whole life means that he was a "soul"; that is, an "air-breathing creature." The nshaamaahĀ - the puff -Ā was merely to KICK-START the body,Ā the man, breathing on his own!

If you're going to accept Genesis 2:7, you must also accept Genesis 5:1-5:

Genesis 5:1-5 (KJV)

1 ThisĀ isĀ the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;Ā 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begatĀ a sonĀ in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:Ā 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:Ā 5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

The Hebrew word for "and he died" is "vayyaamot," spelled "vav-patach-yod/dagesh-qamets-mem-cholam-tav," stemming from "muwt" which means "to die" or "to expire." Added to the root word ("mot" with a long o sound)Ā is the "yaa-" prefix meaning "he" (3rd person, singular, masculine), and the "va-" prefix meaning "and."Ā "To expire" means to "breathe out" and stop breathing. He "breathed his last breath!" No part of Adam went ANYWHERE! Adam - the man - the body - was buriedĀ inĀ the ground to await the Resurrection.

This is what God predicted in Genesis 3:

Genesis 3:17-19 (KJV)

17 And unto Adam he [God] said,

"Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying,' Thou shalt not eat of it': cursedĀ isĀ the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eatĀ ofĀ it all the days of thy life;Ā 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;Ā 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thouĀ art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

Notice that God NEVER qualified His statements to say "his body would return unto the ground"; He said that "HE would return unto the ground!" He said that "HE was taken out of it"; He said that "HE was dust," and that "HE would return unto dust!"

We don't know how soon Adam was buried. Perhaps, they waited to see if indeed he was decaying and returning to dust before they buried him to avoid the smell of death. Remember, though, that he was not the first man to die; that was Hevel ("Abel"), whom Qayin ("Cain") killed. So, the children of Adam and Chavah ("Eve")Ā Ā probably already knew about death and decay from Hevel.

25 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Have a look at every parable that is named as such; not one has a realĀ person in it, much less a famous person, like Abraham.Ā  It is not a parable but an account of an actual event.

Thanks David and I think many agree with you this is a real event AND for the same reason. Rather than open this topic up and drill down I will just say we have to disagree.Ā 

The verse in Ecclesiastes is referring to the human spirit, not the Holy Spirit, since very few people in the OT are stated to have had the Holy Spirit in them at all, and certainly not unbelievers.

David, this is the kind of thing I alluded to earlier (I think). I find there is a NEED to carve up and then expand on concepts like ā€œthe Spiritā€ to continue or maintain the integrity of a certain view or interpretation. Here you have carved out the Spirit given by God in Gen. 2:7 to have its own 2 parts - human and holy. I donā€™t think God breathed a ā€œhuman spiritā€ into this formed earth. This is what I meant by defining what the 2:7 definition of a soul is and then holding all subsequent verses to that definition- if it (components or parts) are not found in 2:7 we can not add them later on to continue a particular interpretation.Ā 

In the OT, man is generally viewed as bipartite (inner man and outer man).Ā  It is in the NT that we get more information and the distinction is made between the two components of the inner man (soul and spirit).

Well, I have absolutely NO allusions here - there are so many members in this site that are truly brilliant, knowledgeable and so well read and I am in no position to judge their opinions / thoughts / interpretations / logic.... etc..... However, I donā€™t agree the NT is superior (my words only) to the OT in that the NT should be looked to explain or interpret the OT. Certainly the NT does expand greatly the meaning of the verses found in the OT but it can never contradict or even drive (add, subtract or change) itā€™s meaning. I am not sure (well I am fairly sure)Ā IĀ have made this point adequately or clearly but the NT verses can not change an OT meaning. Now we use the NT to define or expand on 2:7; we have an inner and outer man, a Holy and human spirit and the good old physical body. We now have carved up 2:7 into at least 5 parts to keep with a certain interpretation of a soul. I am not sure we are getting more information to make aĀ distinction but ate finding it necessary to add to our definition of a soul to maintain the integrity of our views. I donā€™t think we can change the definition of a soul found in 2:7 (once there is agreement).Ā 

I apologize for my clumsiness in my response above, CharlieĀ 

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Charlie.

There's a problem with this belief. The word "spirit" (the Hebrew word "ruwach," meaning "wind") is not used in Genesis 2:7, when the "soul" is first named for the man. Again, "soul" (the Hebrew word is "nefesh"), means an "air-breathing creature." The word used instead of "spirit" for "breath" in Genesis 2:7 is "nishmat," which is the noun construct state of "nshaamaah," meaning a "puff" of air. However one defines "spirit" otherwise,Ā it's NOT USED in Genesis 2:7! It's NOT what God put into the man!

Thus, Genesis 2:7 does NOT support the "tripartite view of the composition of a man."

Look, it's really very basic. There is no "tripartite view" in Genesis 2:7. The man (Hebrew: haa'aadaam) IS the body! Don't try to read more into the verse than is given for us to read! That he could "breathe in; breathe out; breathe in; breathe out ..." for his whole life means that he was a "soul"; that is, an "air-breathing creature." The nshaamaahĀ - the puff -Ā was merely to KICK-START the body,Ā the man, breathing on his own!

If you're going to accept Genesis 2:7, you must also accept Genesis 5:1-5:

Genesis 5:1-5 (KJV)

1 ThisĀ isĀ the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;Ā 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begatĀ a sonĀ in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:Ā 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:Ā 5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

The Hebrew word for "and he died" is "vayyaamot," spelled "vav-patach-yod/dagesh-qamets-mem-cholam-tav," stemming from "muwt" which means "to die" or "to expire." Added to the root word ("mot" with a long o sound)Ā is the "yaa-" prefix meaning "he" (3rd person, singular, masculine), and the "va-" prefix meaning "and."Ā "To expire" means to "breathe out" and stop breathing. He "breathed his last breath!" No part of Adam went ANYWHERE! Adam - the man - the body - was buriedĀ inĀ the ground to await the Resurrection.

This is what God predicted in Genesis 3:

Genesis 3:17-19 (KJV)

17 And unto Adam he [God] said,

"Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying,' Thou shalt not eat of it': cursedĀ isĀ the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eatĀ ofĀ it all the days of thy life;Ā 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;Ā 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thouĀ art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

Notice that God NEVER qualified His statements to say "his body would return unto the ground"; He said that "HE would return unto the ground!" He said that "HE was taken out of it"; He said that "HE was dust," and that "HE would return unto dust!"

We don't know how soon Adam was buried. Perhaps, they waited to see if indeed he was decaying and returning to dust before they buried him to avoid the smell of death. Remember, though, that he was not the first man to die; that was Hevel ("Abel"), whom Qayin ("Cain") killed. So, the children of Adam and Chavah ("Eve")Ā Ā probably already knew about death and decay from Hevel.

Thank you very much for your comments!! I believe I again must apologizeā€” I certainly did not mean to say or imply that man has 3 parts. If that was found on n my response it was definitely unintended.Ā 

Hopefully, I can give you my thoughts on this more clearly! As mentioned earlier, there are only 2 parts - the A and B parts previously identified. Although it is NOT stated in 2:7, AND at the risk of disobeying my earlier statement that we can not change / add / subtract, etc., to a definition to meet our own interpretations, I believe His Breathing into this formed earth is so much more than air ( a ā€œpuff of airā€) to kickstart our life. He did not breathe into the animals or any other living creature. He gave us aĀ specific (and very special) understanding for His creation of man - made in His image. The ā€œpuff of airā€, in my opinion (yes, I know it is just my own), was not what was put or placed into this formed earth, rather it was the mechanism He used to place His Spirit into man.Ā 

Again, He did not breath into the animals but wanted to draw our attention to these verses telling us He is doing something different here. Every living thing breathes air in one manner or another but only man has His Spirit placed within him. And I hope I am not filling in my opinions / interpretationsĀ between His Words but God did not breathe air into Eve. Eve had to also be created as a ā€œliving soulā€, and this might be accomplished through Adam - who already was given His Spirit (not just air).Ā 

So, His Word provides sufficient information to separate or distinguish our creation from all other living creatures. We all have a physical body, we all breath, but only man has His Spirit placed into us. Two parts- A+B = C or the living soul.Ā 

When we die, A returns to the ground, B returns to God who have it (air is not returned to God), and this living soul is no more (until He resurrects or reconstitutes or whatever acceptable term one likes more) at the end of time.Ā 

Now, if this is the definition of a living soul of 2:7 it will have to face the gauntlet of all subsequent uses found in the Scriptures.Ā 

After the fall, both Adam and Eve continued to live (physical body and still air breathing). But did God take back His Spirit due to their disobedience? Meaning for the rest of our time on earth we must find a way to restore Ā His Spirit. But of course we have NO ability to do so. God designed a Plan of Salvation to restore His Spirit within us and we could once again be in His presence. Although He sent His Holy Spirit to us at Pentecost, I believe He may have symbolically (once again) breathed His Spirit into those in the Ā Upper Room when He breathed on them. He was demonstrating to us He would restore His Spirit within us - bringing us back to Genesis where He breathed His Spirit into this earth.Ā 

But of course we all will physically die. But if we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour we will be once again BE a Living Soul as defined in 2:7. I think this is what Paul was meaning when he mentioned the body, Spirit and the soul. Not 3 parts, but once again the ā€œwholeā€ of His creation. This man will once again be a body WITH His Spirit and BE aĀ Living Soul.Ā 

I believe Jesus said to not worry about those that can kill the body, instead worry about He that can destroy both body and soul.Ā 

Jesus did not say we should worry about He that can destroy body, soul AND spirit! My thoughts on this, and I hope this is consistent with my definition and interpretation of 2:7, is that after the fall, we continued to live but without His Spirit. It was taken from us.Ā 

If we do NOT accept Jesus He will not restore His Spirit within us at the resurrection and He will only see the body as we are today (just an air breathing soul). This body and soul is not complete; it does not have His Spirit restored... and will be destroyed forever. By accepting Jesus, this body, Spirit and Living Soul will be made exactly as He created us in the beginning. Jesus did not mention or include ā€œthe Spiritā€ in this because the ā€œSpiritā€ belongs to Him! He gave us His Spirit and His Spirit can / could never be destroyed! It is not our spirit, He have us His Spirit... He certainly would not destroy His own Spirit.Ā 

Just my thoughts and I would enjoy your thoughts and comments.... IF you find value in any of them, CharlieĀ 

Ā 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

:yadda:

That's about all I have to offer here!

55 minutes ago, Josheb said:

This is the crux of the issue. Although the Greek term "psychen" is used in Matthew 10:28 we must remember this is a Greek translation of what Jesus said in Aramaic speaking as a Jew. A more accurate English translation would be "Don't fear those who can kill (only) the body; fear the One who can destroy both body andĀ beingĀ in the afterlife."Ā 

Jesus was not teaching in the Greek language.
Jesus was not teaching from a Greek culture.Ā 
Jesus was not teaching pagan mythology.

Parallels between "psychen" and lenepes" are not equivalent; overlapping, but not equivalent. There is no "spirit " in Genesis 2:7. Neither is there any mention of "spirit" in Matthew 10:28. Note also Jesus is not saying fear the loss of your body and being;Ā he is saying fear God!Ā It is God who canĀ DESTROY.Ā The larger context is The Creator spoke everything into existence...Ā and He can speak it out of existence, too. Not even a single sparrow dies without His consent. Are you not more valuable than a sparrow?Ā 

Notice how no one here has considered the larger contexts of Mt. 10:28?Ā 

If they called Jesus Beelzebul, they're going to do worse to you. They're going to filet the skin of my back with a scourge, beat me senseless, probably sodomize me with a variety of foreign objects, nail me - nail me, not tie me - to a cross and leave me hanging stripped of my clothing in the heat of the day while people mock and ridicule me, and the birds and bugs.....Ā 

...but they're going to do worse to you.Ā 

Most of you they are going to kill, too. James? They're gonna cut off your head with a sword. Stephen? YouĀ are gonna be stoned. You ever been stoned? You ever been to a stoning?Ā It hurts. If you're blessedĀ the first rockĀ or two will render you unconsciousĀ  before they first crack and then pulverize your skull into bits but remember these folks know how to make it last. Arms and legs first. Broken so you can't stand, run, or walk away in escape (not that the surrounding crowd would let you go anywhere). Peter? Andrew? They're going to crucify you two, too,Ā but they're gonna hang you, Peter, upside down so the blood pools inĀ your head adding to the misery of your death.Ā 

But do not fear those who can kill your body. It's gonna happen. You cannot avoid it. You too were chosen for this purpose so remember that not even a single sparrow falls to the ground with my Father's consent.Ā HeĀ is the Guy you need to fear, not them, because He can destroy your bodyĀ AND and your being.Ā 

If you don't have aĀ beingĀ then you do notĀ be.Ā 

If you don'tĀ beĀ then you don't be. It is the ultimate crickets chirping. Except you're not around to not hear it ;).Ā 

Jesus is not giving a lesson on human ontology. This should not be difficult to understand, nor much of a debate.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Josh, as expected, very nice

I agree the Spirit is not mentioned in Genesis but I believe His Spirit was placed in man through His Breathing ... After the fall I believe Adam and Eve no longer had the ā€œcoveringā€ surrounding them. After their disobedience it was gone and God made garments made of animal skins. We were now no different than the animals (I donā€™ mean to ignore language, morality, etc.). The Spirit given by God no longer was left in us or clothed us.Ā 

We still ARE and will always BE as long as we are on earth, but without the God given Spirit.Ā 

And thank you for providing His Words regarding His ability to destroy both body and being. Certainly He is the ONLY ONE that has the power ... man can only kill or destroy the body. Only God can restore both body and being. If we do not accept Jesus then He can and will destroy this body and being- it will not BE ever again! Unless we accept His Holy Spirit this being at the end of time will be destroyed.Ā 

I understand I am repeating myself and I do agree Genesis does not state His breath is (my words) used to impart His Spirit in man, but there are many distinctions He has made in His creation of man and all other creatures. God has a reason/ a purpose for everything He has placed / written in His Word... and here in Genesis I am attempting to understand why He breathed into man and nothing else, what resulted from manā€™ disobedience, why did He tell us they lost their outward covering, where did this covering come from if not His breath into man.Ā 

In my mind, I believe man must BE at the end of all things as he was when He was created. In this 6,000 years we must find the only way to accomplish this... The Spirit of God was with us in the beginning and will be at the end... All others will cease to BE. I believe God have us HIS Spirit within us in the beginning and we MUST be willing to accept it / restore His Spirit at the end.

Thank you for your thoughts and response, and look forward to reading more, CharlieĀ 

Ā 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

21 hours ago, Frits said:

The second death, as you rightly call it, is the lake of fire, and unlike the first death, which is temporary, the second death is eternal.
De facto, the second death means THE eternal punishment! Ā It is not that everything that comes in the second death is destroyed until every element is brought to "zero", and so after a long long time the punishment is over with no remnant or "worm". Ā No, the lake of fire is not grandma's stove that goes out at night. Ā Neither devil nor man is able to rise from or escape from the second death! Ā Death as well as the realm of the dead (Hades) eventually end up in the lake of fire. Ā It is an eternal abode under torment that is prepared for the devil, but in which also comes 'the man of sin' the anti-christ. Ā (Mt 15:41)

In the second death, the 'destruction' of the being of man, so his spirit, soul and (spiritual) body remains eternally damaged, BECAUSE THE LORD JESUS DOES NOT VISIT THE POOL OF FIRE, as He has done to Hades, to preach His Gospel of RESTORATION.

Do the scriptures teach the Annihilation of the Wicked in the 2nd Death?

The Bible says:

All darkness [shall be] hid in his secret places: a fire not blown shall consume him; it shall go ill with him that is left in his tabernacle. (Job 20:26)

This [is] the portion of a wicked man from God, and the heritage appointed unto him by God. (Job 20:29)

For what portion of God [is there] from above? and [what] inheritance of the Almighty from on high? (Job 31:2)

[Is] not destruction to the wicked? and a strange [punishment] to the workers of iniquity? (Job 31:3)

The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God. (Psalms 9:17)

Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. (Psalms 7:9)

Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: [this shall be] the portion of their cup. (Psalms 11:6)

Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them. (Psalms 21:9)

For yet a little while, and the wicked [shall] not [be]: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it [shall] not [be]. (Psalms 37:10)

But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD [shall be] as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away. (Psalms 37:20)

For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. (Psalms 37:28)

But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off. (Psalms 37:38)

As smoke is driven away, [so] drive [them] away: as wax melteth before the fire, [so] let the wicked perish at the presence of God. (Psalms 68:2)

Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. (Psalms 69:28)

For in the hand of the LORD [there is] a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring [them] out, [and] drink [them]. (Psalms 75:8)

All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; [but] the horns of the righteous shall be exalted. (Psalms 75:10)

When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; [it is] that they shall be destroyed for ever: (Psalms 92:7)

For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered. (Psalms 92:9)

Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD. (Psalms 104:35)

And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked. (Psalms 106:18)

The wicked shall see [it], and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish. (Psalms 112:10)

The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. (Psalms 145:20)

But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it. (Proverbs 2:22)

As the whirlwind passeth, so [is] the wicked no [more]: but the righteous [is] an everlasting foundation. (Proverbs 10:25)

The hope of the righteous [shall be] gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish. (Proverbs 10:28)

The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth. (Proverbs 10:30)

The wicked are overthrown, and [are] not: but the house of the righteous shall stand. (Proverbs 12:7)

The light of the righteous rejoiceth: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out. (Proverbs 13:9)

The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish. (Proverbs 14:11)

For there shall be no reward to the evil [man]; the candle of the wicked shall be put out. (Proverbs 24:20)

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. (Ezekiel 18:4)

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. (Ezekiel 18:20)

Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. (Isaiah 13:9)

They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one [tree] in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:17)

And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. (Isaiah 66:24)

For while [they be] folden together [as] thorns, and while they are drunken [as] drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry. (Nahum 1:10)

For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, [so] shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been. (Obadiah 1:16)

I will utterly consume all [things] from off the land, saith the LORD. (Zephaniah 1:2)

I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD. (Zephaniah 1:3)

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:15)

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned. (Hebrews 6:8)

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. (2 Peter 3:10)

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. (Revelation 20:9)

The words used so far in describing the end of the wicked are Destroy, Blotted Out, Perished, Consumed Utterly, Cut Off, Dissolved, Melted, Devoured, Dead, Death, Hath Not Been, Not [any/no more], Burned Up, etc. [all taken from Strong's]:

[Hebrew: machah מחה; meaning: to wipe out; blot out, obliterate; exterminated]
[Hebrew: macah מהה; meaning: melt away, dissolve, liquefy, consumed]
[Hebrew: muwg מוג; meaning: to melt, dissolve, faint, dissipate, flow away]
[Hebrew: muwth מו×Ŗ; meaning: dead, death, kill, slain]
[Hebrew: da`ak דעך; meaning: extinguished, to go out, put out, dry up, made extinct, quenched]
[Hebrew: caphah הפה; meaning: to be swept away, destroyed, consumed]
[Hebrew: shachath שח×Ŗ; meaning: destroyed, corrupted, ruined, decayed]
[Hebrew: parar פ×Ø×Ø; meaning: break apart, frustrate, split, splinter to pieces, shatter, cracked up]
[Hebrew: 'abad אבד; meaning: perished, vanished, destroyed, die, exterminated, blot out, put to death]
[Hebrew: 'obed אבד; meaning: destruction, perish]
[Hebrew: gava` גוע; meaning: to expire, die, death, breathe ones last, yield up the last breath]
[Hebrew: cuwph הוף; meaning: to come to an end, to make an end, consume utterly, cause to cease, perish]
[Hebrew: damah דמה; meaning: to cease, cause to cease, cut off, destroy, perish, to be undone]
[Hebrew: charam ח×Øם; meaning: to ban, destroy utterly and completely, exterminated, forfeited, divided, prohibited]
[Hebrew: kalah כלה; meaning: consumed, determined, ended, finished, completely spent, at an end, perish, terminated, annihilation, complete destruction]
[Hebrew: karath כ×Ø×Ŗ; meaning: cut off, cut asunder, eliminate, kill, cut down]
[Hebrew: kachad כחד; meaning: hide, conceal, cut down, make desolate, destroy, cut off, annihilate, efface]
[Hebrew: bala` בלע; meaning: swallowed up, eaten up, to be ended]
[Hebrew: balah בלה; meaning: to wear out, wear away, use up completely]
[Hebrew: harac ה×Ø×”; meaning: to tear down, break down, overthrow, destroy utterly]
[Hebrew: show' שוא; meaning: devastated, ruined, laid to waste]
[Hebrew: tsamath צמ×Ŗ; meaning: put an end to, cut off, destroy, exterminate, annihilate]
[Hebrew: shamad שמד; meaning: destroyed, exterminate, annihilated, devastated]
[Hebrew: naphal נפל; meaning: cast down, fail, waste away, overturn, knock down, fall]
[Hebrew: 'akal אכל; meaning: to eat, devour, consume, to be wasted, destroyed]
[Hebrew: chacal חהל; meaning: to consume, eaten up, bring to an end]
[Hebrew: tamam ×Ŗמם; meaning: to be complete, finished, at an end, consumed, exhausted]
[Hebrew: 'oklah אכלה; meaning: object of devouring, consuming in judgment]
[Hebrew: maqaq מקק; meaning: to decay, pine away, rot, fester, corrupt, dissolve]
[Hebrew: guwz גוז; meaning: to pass over, pass away (of life), cut off]
[Hebrew: yatsath יצ×Ŗ; meaning: to be burned up, to be made desolate, set on fire]
[Hebrew: sĕrephah ש×Øפה; meaning: burning, burn, burnt up throughly]

[Greek: apollymi į¼€Ļ€į½¹Ī»Ī»Ļ…Ī¼Ī¹; meaning: to destroy, put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin, render useless, kill, perish]
[Greek: lyō Ī»į½»Ļ‰; meaning: loosed, undone, annul, dissolve, do away with, overthrow, break up]
[Greek: katalyō ĪŗĪ±Ļ„Ī±Ī»į½»Ļ‰; meaning: dissolved, disunite, overthrow, render vain, bring to naught]
[Greek: analiskō į¼€Ī½Ī±Ī»į½·ĻƒĪŗĻ‰; meaning: to expend, consume, destroy]
[Greek: phtheirō Ļ†ĪøĪµį½·ĻĻ‰; meaning: to corrupt, to destroy, to perish, deprave]
[Greek: diaphtheirō Ī“Ī¹Ī±Ļ†ĪøĪµį½·ĻĻ‰; meaning: to corrupt, consume, destroy, kill, eat up, ruin]
[Greek: aphanizō į¼€Ļ†Ī±Ī½į½·Ī¶Ļ‰; meaning: to snatch away, take away, to make unseen, to destroy, consume, to make vanish]
[Greek: phthora Ļ†ĪøĪæĻį½±; meaning: corruption, destruction, perishing, decay]
[Greek: kataphtheirō ĪŗĪ±Ļ„Ī±Ļ†ĪøĪµį½·ĻĻ‰; meaning: to corrupt, deprave, to destroy, perish]
[Greek: ekkoptō į¼ĪŗĪŗį½¹Ļ€Ļ„Ļ‰; meaning: hewn down, cut off or out]
[Greek: apokoptō į¼€Ļ€ĪæĪŗį½¹Ļ€Ļ„Ļ‰; meaning: cut off, amputate]
[Greek: nekros Ī½ĪµĪŗĻį½¹Ļ‚; meaning: lifeless, dead, deceased, breathed ones last, inanimate, inactive]
[Greek: nekroō Ī½ĪµĪŗĻį½¹Ļ‰; meaning: dead, put to death, to deprive of power, destroy the strength]
[Greek: apothnēskō į¼€Ļ€ĪæĪøĪ½įæ„ĻƒĪŗĻ‰; meaning: to die, perish, dry up, eternal death]
[Greek: empi(m)prēmi į¼Ī¼Ļ€į½·(Ī¼)Ļ€ĻĪ·Ī¼Ī¹; meaning: burn up, destroy by fire]
[Greek: katakaiō ĪŗĪ±Ļ„Ī±ĪŗĪ±į½·Ļ‰; meaning: to burn up, consume by fire]

Other passages can also be looked at individually, and such terms like "unquenchable", "eternal", "for ever and ever", "everlasting", etc and their Biblical use in terms of the righteous and the wicked in context.

Begin to ask, where are the all of the wicked [including Satan and his angels] standing in Revelation 20:8-9? Do they [the wicked] live there eternally or are they rather not completely destroyed so that the New Heaven and the New Earth may be created there, wherein dwelleth righteousness, peace, no more tears, pain or sorrow or sin or satan?

"...and there was found no place for them." Revelation 20:11;p

Dan 2:35Ā  Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

The Lake of Fire will not last forever on earth, it will cease to exist:

Please read these texts together, what do you see [ignore for a moment the chapter division]?

Revelation 20:14 KJB - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 KJB - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:1 KJB - And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21:2 KJB - And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:3 KJB - And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Revelation 21:4 KJB - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Revelation 21:5 KJB - And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

While Revelation 21:1 KJB states that in the New Heaven and New Earth there will be no more "sea" [water, the vast chasm of] as such we have now [due to the flood of Noah], with restless waves, separating friends and loved ones, but instead broad rivers, etc, as per:

Isaiah 33:14 KJB - The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Isaiah 33:15 KJB - He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

Isaiah 33:16 KJB - He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

Isaiah 33:17 KJB - Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

Isaiah 33:18 KJB - Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers?

Isaiah 33:19 KJB - Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not understand.

Isaiah 33:20 KJB - Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.

Isaiah 33:21 KJB - But there the glorious LORD will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby.

[see also Ezekiel 47:1-6 KJB]

Isaiah 33:22 KJB - For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

Isaiah 33:23 KJB - Thy tacklings are loosed; they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the sail: then is the prey of a great spoil divided; the lame take the prey.

Isaiah 33:24 KJB - And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.

The text also reveals that the "lake of fire", even the fiery "sea" will have passed away also [for to "pass away", is to "die"], for it was upon this old earth, look again [ignore the chapter break for a moment, just read it straight through]:

Revelation 20:14 KJB - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 KJB - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:1 KJB - And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

In scripture, a "Sea" = "Lake" [whether of water, fire, etc]:

Luke 5:1 - "the lake of Gennesaret" [see "sea of Chinnereth" [Numbers 34:11 KJB], [see also "Chinnereth" [Deuteronomy 3:17; Joshua 19:35 KJB]] or "sea of Chinneroth" [Joshua 12:3 KJB], or "of Gennesaret" [Matthew 14:34; Mark 6:53 KJB]; Matthew 8:27; Mark 4:39,41 KJB uses the word "sea" and John 6:1 says, "sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias".

The very word "lake" in the Koine Greek in Revelation 20:14,15 is Ī»Ī¹Ī¼Ī½Ī·Ī½ [limnen].

G3041 [only used in the Koine Greek of the NT, I didn't find it in the (so-called) LXX either]

Ī»Ī¹ĢĪ¼Ī½Ī· limneĢ„

Total KJB Occurrences: 10

lake, 10

Luke 5:1-2 (2), 8:22-23 (2),33;

Revelation 19:20, 20:10,14-15 (2), 21:8

See also the alternate word for "sea":

G2281 [its also in the (so-called) LXX, in the very places of the "sea of Chinnereth" [Numbers 34:11,12 (so-called) [LXX], etc]

ĪøĪ±ĢĪ»Ī±ĻƒĻƒĪ± thalassa

Total KJB Occurrences: 95

sea, 93

Mat_4:15, Mat_4:18 (2), Mat_8:24, Mat_8:26-27 (2), Mat_8:32, Mat_13:1, Mat_13:47, Mat_14:24-26 (3), Mat_15:29, Mat_17:27, Mat_18:6, Mat_21:21, Mar_1:15-16 (3), Mar_2:13, Mar_3:7, Mar_4:1 (3), Mar_4:39, Mar_4:41, Mar_5:1, Mar_5:13 (2), Mar_5:21, Mar_6:47-49 (3), Mar_7:31, Mar_9:42, Mar_11:23, Luk_17:2, Luk_17:6, Luk_21:25, Joh_6:1 (2), Joh_6:16-19 (4), Joh_6:22, Joh_6:25, Joh_21:1, Joh_21:7, Act_4:24, Act_7:36, Act_10:6, Act_10:32, Act_14:15, Act_17:14, Act_27:30, Act_27:38, Act_27:40, Act_28:4, Rom_9:27, 1Co_10:1-2 (2), 2Co_11:26, Heb_11:12, Heb_11:29, Jas_1:6, Jud_1:13, Rev_4:6, Rev_5:13, Rev_7:1-3 (3), Rev_8:8-9 (3), Rev_10:2, Rev_10:5-6 (2), Rev_10:8, Rev_12:12, Rev_13:1 (2), Rev_14:7, Rev_16:2-3 (4), Rev_18:17, Rev_18:19, Rev_18:21, Rev_20:8, Rev_20:13, Rev_21:1

red [sea], 2

Act_7:36, Heb_11:29

Did the global flood of Noah kill all of the finally impentient outside of the Ark in one single instant of time?, or was there not rather various lengths of time, and degrees of injuries sustained throughout, that people continued to receive and live through, until all were finally destroyed from the face of the earth? with some instantly perishing, and others taking days to finally die either by beast, other men attempting to escape their doom fighting for the highest ground, starvation, thirst, hurling and heaving earth, or finally drown beneath the black depths ...

In 2 Peter 2:5 [see also 2 Peter 3:6] KJB, Peter says "flood upon the world", yet in the Koine Greek, it is "ĪŗĪ±Ļ„Ī±ĪŗĪ»Ļ…ĻƒĪ¼ĪæĪ½ ĪŗĪæĻƒĪ¼Ļ‰", a 'cosmic cataclysm'. Such devastation and destruction as has never been known, and will never again be known [by water], but will again be by fire. If one were to read Genesis 7-8 KJB carefully they will see that it took some time for all [human-kind] outside of the ark to finally perish, and not all perished at the same time. The wages for sin is death, even from Genesis 2:17 KJB, but the final punishment, being death, is preceded by terrors, anguish, torment, all limited and depending upon the deeds done in the body [Romans 2:6; jude 1:15 KJB], as it is written.

So to die of thirst in such a cataclysm takes several days, while being crushed by a large piece of exploded land, or tree, or debris is near instantaneous. Each is just. Each received the length of time in torment, suffering, that was due, and both received the final end, death.

From what I read, according to the texts, the New Jerusalem, comes down from God out of Heaven, and lands upon the earth [old], and remains there [even while God re-creates the earth around it after the "lake of fire" event].

Are you telling me, that all of the wicked who have ever lived will be permanently existing outside of the New Jerusalem for all of eternity, in this vast "lake of fire", which would cover the entire face of the New Earth [as it is anti-type to Noah; and think of how many billions have existed since "cain"]? If so, it sounds like such a teaching as that has the wicked inheriting the position of existing all over the face of the New Earth. Does the righteous, in your belief, ever inherit the entire New Earth just for themselves where there is no more pain, etc? Or do you envision this "lake of fire" eternally existing outside of the New Jerusalem, being in view throughout eternity?

Where then is the "lake of Fire" locationally, in this 'eternity' of yours?

The "lake of fire" could not just be 'anywhere'. That is incorrect according to the scriptures cited. It is clearly just outside and surrounding the New Jerusalem, once it comes down from God out of Heaven and rests upon this [old] earth:

Revelation 20:9 KJB - And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Revelation 20:10 KJB - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

As for some peoples wild escape plan theology, to avoid these obvious conclusoins, in a desparate attempt, say it exists in 'another dimension'!Ā  That is also not scriptural [KJB], and is "sci-fi" [science falsely so called; 1 Timothy 6:20 KJB], and they simply made it up [or borrowed it] to escape the inevitable conclusion of my pointed questions, and the clearly cited texts and evidences.

The "lake of fire" is entirely visible to those inside of the New Jerusalem [once it comes down and the fire falls and comes up], for the whole universe must witness the final result of the punishment and the wages for sin, so that sin will never arise again,

Psalms 91:8 KJB - Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

What others say of the matter or think of the matter, is irrelevant. What matters is what scripture [KJB] says and teaches.

It is for us to know right now, for God hath spoken it even from the beginning:

Deuteronomy 29:29 KJB - The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

The "lake of fire" and its location, and how it comes about [fire from Heaven above, and from within the earth, as like unto the days of Noah with the waters, with the New Jerusalem resting above it all, all of the saved inside, preserved through it], is no secret, but plainly revealed, but will you accept what it says and teaches, along with the results thereof, or will you continue to put forth non-scriptural ideology?

Psalms 140:10 KJB - Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

Psalms 11:6 KJB - Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

Psalms 7:9 KJB - Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

Malachi 4:1 KJB - For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

27 minutes ago, DignifiedResponse said:

Do the scriptures teach the Annihilation of the Wicked in the 2nd Death?

@DignifiedResponse

No, annihilationism is not taught by the Bible.

I suppose you have a lot of questions, given the large amount of text you have posted. Ā I'm pleased to answer them but for the sake of clarity, can we agree that you ask two or three questions at a time? That reads better for everyone.

(P.s. You don't have to post all Bible verses, I also have a Bible myself.)

God bless you.