• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Sorry, not sure what that means - with verses or?

It means I do not have to continue here and you have a nice day. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

An older and wiser brother always tells me, "It sounds like you're having trouble getting all those squirrels up the same tree!"  What that means is when I try hard to get all scripture to go up the same theological "tree"  there's often a few  (or several) verses or passages that just won't conform to my idea (aka tree).  Sometimes there's only one or two verses still running around on the ground, then I consider I'm pretty close and just not quite seeing the full picture.  So, if there are a bunch of these squirrelly verses that won't neatly go up one theological tree, then maybe we need to look again at the tree as maybe it's not really a good fit.

The "OSAS Crowd" has their tree and the "Non-OSAS Crowd" has their tree.  Those in each tree yell over to the other tree and say, "Looks like you're having trouble getting all those critters up there!"  However, while each of the two trees appear to have supporting scripture, it seems neither tree really has all the squirrels!

What if there was another "tree" that's a better fit, whereby all the squirrels could more happily run up it?

My thought is there is such an understanding which reconciles verses from both camps pretty doggone well.  I plan to start a thread which hopefully will demonstrate that, titled "Eternal Salvation - the Judgement Seat of Christ Perspective."

@Stan Murff @Mike Mclees @FreeGrace @DeighAnn Are you open and is anybody interested in exploring this other tree?

CC:  @AdHoc @Michael37 @Rockson @phoneman-777(you guys were early & repeated contributors on this thread)  and @luigi (because you are passionate about it)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

13 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

My thought is there is such an understanding which reconciles verses from both camps.

Yes, it's encapsulated here:

Rom 8:27-30  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  (28)  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  (29)  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.  (30)  Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,456
  • Content Per Day:  8.13

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

I don't appreciate being swarmed. 

Uh, how does that work?  I just asked for an explanation of 2 verses and what Jesus taught in them.  I didn't know that was swarming.

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Sorry, not sure what that means - with verses or?

lol, I only asked for an explanation of 2 verses.  But maybe that is what swarming is.

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

oh, ok.  I guess you don't have an explanation for the 2 most clear verses on eternal security.  Got it.

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

An older and wiser brother always tells me, "It sounds like you're having trouble getting all those squirrels up the same tree!"  What that means is when I try hard to get all scripture to go up the same theological "tree"  there's often a few  (or several) verses or passages that just won't conform to my idea (aka tree).  Sometimes there's only one or two verses still running around on the ground, then I consider I'm pretty close and just not quite seeing the full picture.  So, if there are a bunch of these squirrelly verses that won't neatly go up one theological tree, then maybe we need to look again at the tree as maybe it's not really a good fit.

The "OSAS Crowd" has their tree and the "Non-OSAS Crowd" has their tree.  Those in each tree yell over to the other tree and say, "Looks like you're having trouble getting all those critters up there!"  However, while each of the two trees appear to have supporting scripture, it seems neither tree really has all the squirrels!

What if there was another "tree" that's a better fit, whereby all the squirrels could more happily run up it?

My thought is there is such an understanding which reconciles verses from both camps pretty doggone well.  I plan to start a thread which hopefully will demonstrate that, titled "Eternal Salvation - the Judgement Seat of Christ Perspective."

@Stan Murff @Mike Mclees @FreeGrace @DeighAnn Are you open and is anybody interested in exploring this other tree?

CC:  @AdHoc @Michael37 @Rockson @phoneman-777(you guys were early & repeated contributors on this thread)  and @luigi (because you are passionate about it)

Of course I'm interested, but there is no "common tree" that everyone can hang their hat, shirt, etc on.  :) 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, FreeGrace said:

oh, ok.  I guess you don't have an explanation for the 2 most clear verses on eternal security.  Got it.

Conditions apply - comment.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

9 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Of course I'm interested, but there is no "common tree" that everyone can hang their hat, shirt, etc on.  :) 

Sure there is, and one day He will show us what is 100% true in an instant!  In the meantime we can only grope around and see if we can find that pure Tree of Life.

54 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

FreeGrace said: 

Conditions apply - comment.

?  My comment was based on your previous comment:

Mike Mclees said: 

I thought you were bowing out rather than providing an explanation.