IGNORED

If Jesus did not die for your sins, would you still love him?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Yes. I would love Jesus anyway. How about you?

My love is unconditional. Or I at least want it to be. I am practising unconditional love. 

Jesus comes from a place of unconditional love and he is in heaven (and here all over the earth as the Holy Spirit) and in heaven there is only unconditional love. I believe you must come from a place of unconditional love yourself, before you can enter heaven. I don´t think you can enter heaven if you have sin in you. Sin is not allowed in heaven. So I believe you must come from a place of unconditional love in order to enter heaven.

How can you become unconditionally loving? By following Jesus. Jesus is the way of truth and unconditional love that leads eternal life in heaven. Follom him. He is the way.

"I am the way." - Jesus (John 14:6)

Thoughts?

EDIT: oh, I noticed this is the "seekers lounge"... Maybe this post doesn´t belong here. Sorry!

Edited by Knower

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

The only way to enter heaven is by accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior.  Salvation is a gift, free to us by His sacrifice.  All we need to do is accept Him.  For us it is by choice, not by works.  If unconditional love on our part were a requirement, heaven would be an empty place.  His blood covers our sins, we are perfect only in Him.

God bless

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

2 hours ago, Knower said:

My love is unconditional. Or I at least want it to be. I am practising unconditional love. 

Jesus comes from a place of unconditional love and he is in heaven (and here all over the earth as the Holy Spirit) and in heaven there is only unconditional love. I believe you must come from a place of unconditional love yourself, before you can enter heaven. I don´t think you can enter heaven if you have sin in you. Sin is not allowed in heaven. So I believe you must come from a place of unconditional love in order to enter heaven.

How can you become unconditionally loving? By following Jesus. Jesus is the way of truth and unconditional love that leads eternal life in heaven. Follom him. He is the way.

Thoughts?

EDIT: oh, I noticed this is the "seekers lounge"... Maybe this post doesn´t belong here. Sorry!

I agree that God is not going to have sinners with him in heaven.  That's why he sent Jesus.  None of us can make ourselves free of sin.  That means none of us could earn our way into heaven.  So Jesus came and he took our sins, giving us HIS righteousness since we could never get any of our own.  It is because of what he did that we have right-standing with God.  We receive it as a gift through faith.

I also agree that it is only through the power of the Holy Spirit working in us that we can learn to love unconditionally.  However, I disagree that the ability to do so is a necessity for entry into heaven because, as I said, Jesus secured that for us no matter what our sins consisted of and no matter if we don't conquer them all in this lifetime.

Upon becoming Christians, we should enter into a life-long process of sanctification in which we become more and more like Jesus.  Learning to love unconditionally is part of that process.  But none of us are going to become exactly like Christ (that is, sin-free) in this lifetime.  We will only achieve his perfection in the next life.

So I agree with wingnut.  Any inability we have, including the inability to love unconditionally like Christ, will not keep us out of heaven. 

Edited by daughterofGrace
clarification

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

On 5/3/2017 at 8:02 AM, Knower said:

Thoughts?

Praise the Lord, loves the way! Do you witness a lot? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Knower

The Seekers Lounge is reserved for you to begin Threads just like you have done here as Seeker,I look forward to celebrating the Joy of Salvation with you i& do hope you will continue on the path you are on.....seeking Gods Timeless Truth in Christ"The Way,the Truth & the LIfe"       Praise Jesus!

You are speaking of Agape love,Gods Love,Father Son & Holy Spirit .....His Love for man,the Highest Love there is....yes,unconditional....I do not agree that we can attain unconditional Love by only by following Jesus or "practicing" but by being in an Intimate,active & personal Relationship WITH God in Christ......Jesus said IF you LOVE Me you will obey my commandments.....IF we Love Him then we pursue Him,Seek His Face & the result of this is accessing His Heart & Mind by the Power of Holy Spirit Who Indwells......Jesus Abides in us,as we pursue a closer Relationship with Him(Intimacy )our Faith is activated.....that is when we operate in the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,we start to produce the FRuits of the Spirit...the first being LOVE...love, joy, peace, forbearance (patience), kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

ALL the Fruits are Agape Love.....                                                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 5/3/2017 at 9:02 AM, Knower said:

Thoughts?

Jesus entire creation by will of the Father was to die for our sins. To take them upon himself on the cross. I see your question then as one that would have the answer of , no. Because we would never know Jesus had he not come to serve the express purpose of his Father. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

My answer will possibly be more confusing than enlightening, and very difficult to comunicate. The possibility exists, that one will understand and see my answer as obvious, or else scratch their spiritual heads and stare blankly, but give it a try!

First off, the Bible says we love Him BECAUSE He first loved us. I take that to mean, that apart from His love for me, no, I would not love Him. However, that is not a condition that I have ever been faced with. Not said in that verse (1 John 4:19) is that everyone that Jesus loves, loves Him back. Also not said, is that His crucifixion is the only way He loves me.

I got my life, as a gift from Him, the air I breathe, the food I eat, the clothes I where, the home I inhabit, the relations I have with others, every good thing I experience in all of Creation, I have because of His work. What is not to love?

However, as a person in bondage to sin, I am incapable of pleasing God, I am a natural enemy of God's, if left to my own devices. So, whether I would love Jesus apart from His sacrifice, I cannot say except to note that I love Him because He chose me love Him, and part of that love for me, included all the reasons I should love Him, but the fact that I love Him, was His doing, I was chosen before the creation of the world (Eph 4:1).

That being the case, the question is a bit moot, before I could know Him to choose to love Him, I was already chosen to love Him. Those of us who love Him, love Him because He loved us first, and those of us who chose to submit to His Lordship, also did so because He chose us first.

For me to resist His love, would be to resist the omnipotent - it would be easier to resist gravity than to effectivly resist a sovereign, omnipotent God Who has chosen you.

Because of all of these things, to speculate an answer to the question as asked, is to just try to use imagination in a philosophical sense, about what it would be like, to exist in a universe that does not exist - no way to know, and no need to.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I am not into "what if's". Jesus did die on the cross for my sins so that is what I will focus on.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

If He had not come and died for us, we would not know Him.  And we would be doomed because we could never pay the penalty He paid for us.  I thank Him each and every day for being our Lord and Savior.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

On 5/3/2017 at 9:02 AM, Knower said:

Thoughts?

Is this the mixture of New Age theology and Christian Theology you talked about?