• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/12/2019 at 8:25 AM, Zemke said:

I know he can defend himself but I took what he wrote as a referral to the statement that has gone around, "The church wrote the bible so the church can rewrite the bible." It's a derogatory statement about the state of affairs these days with this issue. 

What interests me is a question I was asked, "Has there ever been a time when the church was actively persecuted over homosexuality?"

I'm sure there have been issues but has there been a large sweeping movement against the church in history based on this issue? Imprisonment, closers, recognized legal status taken away due to the moral issue?

Before Nero’s marriage to Sporus, he married a man named Pythagoras in a public ceremony where Nero was the bride. Both homosexual relationships and marriages were widely accepted and practiced.

During the days of the early church, many young boys like Sporus were castrated and forced to serve the sexual appetites of Roman elites, some in the most grotesque manner, and often when they had served their purpose, they were killed.

The homosexual lifestyle of the Romans during the days of the early church was often predatorial, preying on the innocence of small children. Emperor Tiberius, who ruled over Rome when Jesus was crucified, made small children serve him and all of his royal guests. When he tired of violating them, he would send his men out to find new children and kill the abused ones by throwing their bodies over cliffs.

I was completely caught off guard to learn this aspect of Roman and European culture prior to the days of revival. I was totally unaware that homosexuality was in fact more accepted during the days of Paul than it is today, not the other way around.

When Paul went to Rome, he was facing sexual practices that were not only instituted at the highest levels of power but were deified.  He addressed it in his letters to the early church.  When I learned this information, it made his words in Scripture take on completely new meaning.

This dark hole of history went even deeper.  This newly found information blew my modern ideas about homosexuality out of the water and challenged me to my core.

I share in more detail about what I found on Day 34 of our new 61 Day devotional Chasing Revival. The entire Bible study also has a 9 part video series and a work book.

To learn more about the persecution of the first century church, the spread of Christianity, and the history of revival – click here: https://backtojerusalem.com/the-secret-history-of-homosexuality-and-persecution-of-christians/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

IMO The BDS Movement Is Just Another Way To Starve-A-Jew
The Trouble With This "Enterprise" Is
The LORD Jesus Is Forever A Jew
AND He's Coming Back
Oh Foolish Men

O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself. Psalms 94:1

Amen~!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

17 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Before Nero’s marriage to Sporus, he married a man named Pythagoras in a public ceremony where Nero was the bride. Both homosexual relationships and marriages were widely accepted and practiced.

During the days of the early church, many young boys like Sporus were castrated and forced to serve the sexual appetites of Roman elites, some in the most grotesque manner, and often when they had served their purpose, they were killed.

The homosexual lifestyle of the Romans during the days of the early church was often predatorial, preying on the innocence of small children. Emperor Tiberius, who ruled over Rome when Jesus was crucified, made small children serve him and all of his royal guests. When he tired of violating them, he would send his men out to find new children and kill the abused ones by throwing their bodies over cliffs.

I was completely caught off guard to learn this aspect of Roman and European culture prior to the days of revival. I was totally unaware that homosexuality was in fact more accepted during the days of Paul than it is today, not the other way around.

When Paul went to Rome, he was facing sexual practices that were not only instituted at the highest levels of power but were deified.  He addressed it in his letters to the early church.  When I learned this information, it made his words in Scripture take on completely new meaning.

This dark hole of history went even deeper.  This newly found information blew my modern ideas about homosexuality out of the water and challenged me to my core.

I share in more detail about what I found on Day 34 of our new 61 Day devotional Chasing Revival. The entire Bible study also has a 9 part video series and a work book.

To learn more about the persecution of the first century church, the spread of Christianity, and the history of revival – click here: https://backtojerusalem.com/the-secret-history-of-homosexuality-and-persecution-of-christians/

ITS ALL COMING BACK FULL CIRCLE  . CAUSE WE AER IN THE LAST DAYS .

The kingdom that was wounded rises from the ashes ,  the mortal wound has been healed and the world will soon marvel as one at the beast

as all religons and secular will join as one in the big human fraternity , RIGHT UNDER THE BEAST .

THEN our persecution world wide , Begins AND BY ITS END A NUMBER SO HIGH NO MAN CAN NUMBER WILL HAVE BEEN KILLED.

Yep that is what rick warren who along with others made our churches and other religons ready for the big Human one world fraternity on which the beast shall sit KING over the world .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

If it were Okay to be gay, I would have kept living the lifestyle. I tried HARD to prove that God was cool with it. I wanted my cake and to eat it too. The harder I tried to dismiss the VERY CLEAR scriptures on this subject, the more God convicted me. At one point I was almost ready to choose being with a woman rather than God`s way. It was BAD!!!! Praise God I`ve been married, to a man, [the ONLY marriage that counts in God`s eyes] for 8 years. Do I still deal with temptation...once in awhile. It`s very rare tho. I love this wonderful man in my life. Praise God for delivering me from this sinful lifestyle. BTW...I LOVE gay people! I pray for them to see the truth however. I`m only a hater of sin, never the sinner.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/20/2019 at 8:49 PM, sugarbear said:

If it were Okay to be gay, I would have kept living the lifestyle. I tried HARD to prove that God was cool with it. I wanted my cake and to eat it too. The harder I tried to dismiss the VERY CLEAR scriptures on this subject, the more God convicted me. At one point I was almost ready to choose being with a woman rather than God`s way. It was BAD!!!! Praise God I`ve been married, to a man, [the ONLY marriage that counts in God`s eyes] for 8 years. Do I still deal with temptation...once in awhile. It`s very rare tho. I love this wonderful man in my life. Praise God for delivering me from this sinful lifestyle. BTW...I LOVE gay people! I pray for them to see the truth however. I`m only a hater of sin, never the sinner.

Lesbians are and should be different though similar in nature to gay male. I was bi .

The mentioning of pedastery,and it acceptance is common in the great, so called,kingdoms of egypt,babylon,chaldea,assyria,rome,Greece etc 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

Good news brothers and sisters! The church did not cave, though a new false church may arise from the split.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/02/26/us/united-methodists-vote.amp.html?fbclid=IwAR3rYkcu9Pa9Ct-jzVrPTErnm4wY6g7CDjrCaeVOBcEYGjyR2JXL4FJMLzk

Edited by Mozart's Starling

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I find it rather disheartening that 47% voted yes....  that does not bode well for the denomination.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/11/2019 at 4:22 PM, Mozart's Starling said:

https://www.register-herald.com/news/united-methodists-face-vote-on-lgbtq-issues-will-it-rip/article_f681bef8-29c6-5fa7-ab61-594262be9efe.html    - "You shall not lie with a male as with woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22. "If a man lies with a male as with woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."                                                                                                                                    Obviously I am not supporting the killing of anyone, that quote is to show God's feelings on the matter because some seem to think that the Bible is not clear on homesexuality. The article mentions that they are voting to make it possible for gay marriages to be church sanctioned or for gay pastors to preach.

If they vote yes then this is a false church

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Gay priests have been in Roman Catholicism (perhaps all along) AND committing sex acts in violation of their oath of celibacy many time with under aged boys.

Where's the uproar been all these centuries?

Covered up all the way to the papacy.

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I would also point out that heterosexual misbehavior and adultery have been given a blind eye and deaf ear by the Church especially in modern times.

Serial monogamy (divorce and remarriage) masking fornication and adultery.

Just fine and dandy with the Church.

Is homosexuality a sin?

Yes. God said it is.

Is it worse than the above sins (which were also deserving of stoning in the Old Testament)?

Personally, I would call it an extreme along the same slippery slope of the others. There are other extremes along that same slippery slope

(perversions I will not mention here). But the gist I am striving for is first get our own house in order before we go after anyone else (and that only to help them).

If they are attempting to force people against their will, or to corrupt young people, then we go after them on those issues.

If we are trying to outmode  unbiblical practices as old as the hills, we cannot do so by civil law (for very long) but must change the hearts of the individual one by one

beginning FIRST with our own heterosexual discrepancies.

First remove the beam from thine own eye before helping the other to remove the mote from his eye.

Otherwise we will utterly fail and inflame the will of the opposition to even greater depravity.

• Thumbs Up 2