IGNORED

The "Day of the Lord: Where in Revelation does it begin?

iamlamad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

19 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Rev. 1:7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Zech. 12:10 ...then they will look unto Me whom they pierced, and they will mourn over Him as one mourns over the only son, and grieve over HIm as one grieves over the firstborn.

Matt. 26:63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!” 64 Jesus said to him, “It is as thou said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

Jesus will appear to everyone, living and dead, sitting at the right hand of the Father. The eye single of each soul will be opened for a brief look into the heavenlies at this time. Then those who walk in the light will ascend into His light; those who walk in darkness will flee from the light. Those who walked in the sincerity of their blindness will have their blindness to Christ removed. All summed up in my siggy:

The Lord comes in clouds, every eye sees him, the dead are raised, the elect ascend, the Jews are converted, the heathen wail, the Wrath begins.

There is no doubt in my mind that every eye will see him in his Rev. 19 Coming. But there is no hint that "every eye will see Him" in His 1 Thes. 4 coming. I am convinced these are two different comings separated by over 7 years of time. He is coming only to the clouds in His 1 Thes. Coming. The world cannot see Him if He is hidden in a cloud. 

Jesus will appear to everyone, living and dead, sitting at the right hand of the Father.  That makes ZERO sense. NO ONE on earth will see Him WHILE He is seated at the right hand of power  - for that will be IN HEAVEN. Of course they will see Him when He comes to earth to touch down. 

The eye single of each soul will be opened for a brief look into the heavenlies at this time.  This is myth for no scripture tells us this. 

The Lord comes in clouds,  This is scripture, but it will happen TWICE: a coming in 1 Thes.  and a coming in Rev. 19.
every eye sees him - with out a doubt, this will be at his coming in Rev. 19. 
the dead are raised - For certain the dead IN CHRIST are raised when He comes as shown in 1 thes. A coming just before wrath. 

the elect ascend,  Who is the "elect?" If they are gathered from heaven to earth, then perhaps they DESCEND. At Paul's rapture those in Christ will ASCEND. But this will take place just before wrath (which starts at the 6th seal.)

the Jews are converted, They will only SEE Him and be converted when He comes as shown in Rev. 19. Some Jews will be in the pretrib rapture, (born again) and perhaps some Hebrews will turn to Christ when they see the rapture or the effects of the rapture. The Jews who fled will not believe in Him until the SEE Him and see the nail holes in his hands and feet. 

the heathen wail,  At his "every eye shall see Him coming. "
the Wrath begins. Sorry, but wrath BEGAN: it will start before any part of the 70th week at the 6th seal. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

5 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

There is no doubt in my mind that every eye will see him in his Rev. 19 Coming. But there is no hint that "every eye will see Him" in His 1 Thes. 4 coming. I am convinced these are two different comings separated by over 7 years of time. He is coming only to the clouds in His 1 Thes. Coming. The world cannot see Him if He is hidden in a cloud. 

Who is more worldly than the ones here? --

6 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Matt. 26:63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!” 64 Jesus said to him, “It is as thou said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

These people are DEAD. And unbelieving. Want to tell us why they would see Jesus in His Rev. 19 coming? Makes no sense to me.

9 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Jesus will appear to everyone, living and dead, sitting at the right hand of the Father.  That makes ZERO sense. NO ONE on earth will see Him WHILE He is seated at the right hand of power  - for that will be IN HEAVEN.

Pardon me, but that is precisely what Jesus told the now DEAD high priest and Sanhedrin that they would see. If you can't believe the words of Jesus, then there is no further use for discussing anything.

Just now, WilliamL said:

Who is more worldly than the ones here? --

These people are DEAD. And unbelieving. Want to tell us why they would see Jesus in His Rev. 19 coming? Makes no sense to me.

Pardon me, but that is precisely what Jesus told the now DEAD high priest and Sanhedrin that they would see. If you can't believe the words of Jesus, then there is no further use for discussing anything.

It is DARK: God has turned out the lights: NO SUN, NO MOON, NO STARS: it is pitch darkness: darker than midpoint in a coal mine.  Then Jesus comes as LIGHTNING flashing across a dark sky. We cannot be sure, because John has not told us, but many may see Him as lightning, but others then may see that lighting on TV and on smart phones. It will be the first light they will have seen in days. 

Pardon me, but that is precisely what Jesus told the now DEAD high priest and Sanhedrin that they would see.  Show me the verse: I don't believe you. I will have to see it and read it. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

2 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Pardon me, but that is precisely what Jesus told the now DEAD high priest and Sanhedrin that they would see.  Show me the verse: I don't believe you. I will have to see it and read it. 

11 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

64 Jesus said to him, “It is as thou said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

23 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

NO ONE on earth will see Him WHILE He is seated at the right hand of power  - for that will be IN HEAVEN.

Hmm...who to believe, Jesus or you? Not a tough choice.

Many earthly people have been shown things in heaven -- Isaiah and John the Apostle to name two. Not a problem for God.

3 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

Mat 26:63-64 KJV But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Jesus saith unto HIM, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto YOU, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Thanks. I stand corrected. They will see Him sitting at the right hand and ALSO see him coming on the clouds. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 7/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, iamlamad said:

Some people believe the Day of the Lord will begin at the 6th seal where it is written, "the great day of His wrath is come."  Others think this is just an announcement and the real Day will begin with the 7th seal.

I believe the Day MUST start in one of these two places. Please give which of these two points (6th seal or 7th seal) you believe is the true START of the Day of the Lord, and your argument as to why.

(Note, this will not include any arguments that the Day of the Lord will be the last event of the 70th week, or the theory that the Day will come with His coming to Armageddon. I already know these two theories are bogus.)

I guess if I had to be pinned down for a specific answer, TODAY I WOULD SAY THE 7th seal. 
why so?  I guess that half an hour of silence in heaven to me might mean God is getting ready to flex his muscles and here come the wrath ! The 7th seal includes all the trumpets so I’m going with that as my final answer.....for today. 

how did I do? 

2 hours ago, Spock said:

I guess if I had to be pinned down for a specific answer, TODAY I WOULD SAY THE 7th seal. 
why so?  I guess that half an hour of silence in heaven to me might mean God is getting ready to flex his muscles and here come the wrath ! The 7th seal includes all the trumpets so I’m going with that as my final answer.....for today. 

how did I do? 

You are the first to attempt to answer my post with a real answer. I was hoping for more clarity. It was not forthcoming. Perhaps that is because there is no one verse of scripture that really answers.
I think the "sudden destruction" earthquake will be the first salvo of His wrath,  so it begins with the 6th seal. (I believe the rapture will be a moment before that earthquake.)
You did fine! I would not argue with anyone with your answer.