Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

I am going to assume your brief response means the ceremonial laws AND the moral laws (10 commandments) are BOTH done away with?

The first 4 of the 10 commandments specifically deal with our relationship with God... The remaining 6 deal with how we are to treat each other (fellow man).

So, where does it say the first 4 are now no longer relevant? Why are they no longer relevant? Did God simply eliminate His commands to honor and worship Him?

Also, does that mean we can now commit murder against our fellow man since this was a command and sin in the last 6 commandments?

Thank you, Charlie 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

there are too many straw man questions coming into the op's posts for a sensible contribution from me.

How we got from "are you keeping the Sabbath observance"  to "anyone who doesn't keep Sabbath thinks murder is ok" escapes me.

Edited by leah777
  • Thumbs Up 1

That is fair!  I believe the keeping of the Sabbath morphed quickly into “we do not have to keep ANY of the 10 commandments”. 

Initially, the responses and discussion focused solely on the Sabbath but it became no longer relevant since it was part of the 10...

However, I certainly would welcome your comments just on the Sabbath ...

Thank you, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The sabbath was a shadow of christ. Now we rest in christ continuously. We no longer keep shadows.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

Wayne, thank you but how can the 7th day be a shadow?

God created another day just so we can spend time with Him.  Did the Cross take away the 7th day? It was made for man ... had nothing to do with the Jews. It is for mankind forever. 

And God specifically included the keeping of the Sabbath in the 10 commandments... and it is the only one beginning with “remember”  - and yet this is the one we do not remember to keep. 

God is the only One who can declare or make something Holy... the Sabbath is indeed Holy and no man can change that.... they certainly can ignore it and unfortunately, almost all of the Christian world does... this mean f course is the result of the RCC who moved the Sabbath to the first day of the week. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Charlie744 said:

I am going to assume your brief response means the ceremonial laws AND the moral laws (10 commandments) are BOTH done away with?

The first 4 of the 10 commandments specifically deal with our relationship with God... The remaining 6 deal with how we are to treat each other (fellow man).

So, where does it say the first 4 are now no longer relevant? Why are they no longer relevant? Did God simply eliminate His commands to honor and worship Him?

Also, does that mean we can now commit murder against our fellow man since this was a command and sin in the last 6 commandments?

Thank you, Charlie 

Done away with only to the extent that those who are born again live a spirit filled life by the commands that Jesus gave us....  Love God with all your heart and soul....   love your neighbor as yourself.....   People before Jesus time did not have access to the Holy Spirit within all the time.....    now we can and should be in constant contact with the Godhead through the Holy Spirit.....    we do not have a sabbath day to focus on the Lord, we have him with us 24/7/365.   Jesus doesn't want you one day a week, he wants your all and doesn't accept less.

If you love the Lord with your all, you will be focused on him every day...   if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not lie to him, or go after his wife....   and as for murder, we are not to even hate someone without cause...  and even  love our enemy and pray for him/her.  Jesus's commandments are much more extensive than the old laws.   If you read the last half of Matthew chapter 25 you will see Jesus condemning a group of people to hell....   people who are shocked that he is turning them away.....     go and read through the reasons he states that he is rejecting them and I do believe you will find that they do not break any of the ten commandments...  You can live your entire life and not break one of the ten commandments and still go to hell...  so I say it is dangerous to preach the ten commandments are still valid...

• Thumbs Up 2

Certainly a lot of great stuff here !

Yes, Jesus is with us every day and every place we could ever go, but that is NO different than during the first 6 days of creation, yet He still created the 7th day and here is the reason; He made this 7th day HOLY/ special / not just another day. This day is one where He is telling us exactly where He will be —- of course He is with us the other 6 days but the 7th is a day He designed to be with His children for a very special purpose- to spend time with Him. Your earthly father is/will be with your family all 6 days of the week- but he will go to work, do all kind of chores, attend your school and sporting events- he is home those 6 days a week. But then he tells you, your siblings, your mom that every Sabbath he is going to be only in the backyard waiting for everyone to come and be together and focus exclusively on everyone in the family. That is certainly not a sufficient analogy but it is meant to show this specific day is like no other- it was literally made by God for this purpose and we know exactly where He will be each Sabbath- If you go look on your calendar that hangs on your refrigerator, you will see He has every Sabbath marked in with a thick heavy magic marker —- so you know He will not be found in your backyard on the first day of the week (Sunday), no matter what you want... It is His calendar! Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The sabbath was a shadow of christ. Now we rest in christ continuously. We no longer keep shadows.

Amen, as of now Every day shud become our sabbath that rest our heart in Christ, not our body.

Disciples picked some grains on sabbath day when they were hungry, Sabbath is just a shadow of resting in Christ so when Christ alrdy came why wud not people follow Sabbath every day in Him.

The Hebrew followed Sabbath in the desert, nobody entered the promised land until one generation died. The same with hypocrite pharisees, they only rest their body but their heart is far away.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore let no one judge you regarding what you eat or drink or regarding Feast days or Sabbath.

Paul has explained the gentile church  in Colosse who are not familiar with Hebrew customs that they are free from such practice. 

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Ah. It is so interesting that literal WALLS of WORDS surround any mention of the Lord's Sabbath.

I have pondered this over the years and have come to my own conclusions regarding it all.

I know the evil powers that have lost their mandate to rule just absolutely HATE the Sabbath. It is a real Memorial yet a stumbling block for many.

I have my own thoughts about all this and when the music fades, and all becomes dark; then as I see the Glory of the Lord suddenly before me I will, with clear conscience, bow and praise Him that is the the Alpha and Omega (gematria for a Dove). The Beginning and the End.

• Loved it! 2

Other one, thank you for your thoughts.

I am not sure I have heard that someone can obey all the 10 commandments and still go to hell.

There is absolutely NO one capable of keeping the commandments for even 10 minutes- EXCEPT Jesus. 

If we were to be judged by the commandments we would ALL perish... no one would see heaven.

The Messiah’s sacrifice on the Cross is the only way for us to gain salvation- We MUST believe in Jesus as our Lord and Savior and then and only then will we be cleansed of our sins. 

What sins? That would be the 10 commandments which we can not possibly keep. But those commandments are very much “in play”, they will NEVER be erased or removed.

That is because everyone is under these 10- before and after the Cross. If you believe in Jesus then He will / has paid the price for our disobedience. If you do not believe in Jesus then who will have to pay for your disobedience? You will, but the law is forever.

let me know your thoughts and thanks, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1