• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

19 hours ago, D-Dawn said:

Does anyone have Scripture to support their private prayer language? Acts 2 certainly doesn't describe anything like this. 

No, it doesn't & I've never seen a scripture reference for it either. Just sayin'.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

19 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

The Scripture that supports this (though probably doesn't prove it) is I Corinthians 14:18,19, where Paul writes:

"I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue."

If he spoke in tongues more than the Corinthians, he must have done an awful lot of tongue-speaking. But if that was rarely or never in a church meeting, then presumably it was in his private devotions.

I have to assume that Paul spoke more in tongues than any of the Corinthians because he went out as a missionary spreading the Gospel to various peoples in various places. The gift of tongues as described in Acts 2 would have been essential in spreading the Gospel before copies of Scripture were widely available to everyone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, walla299 said:

No, it doesn't & I've never seen a scripture reference for it either. Just sayin'.

Hi Walla,

`And it happened, while Apollos was at Corinth, that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples, he said to them, "Did you receive the Holt Spirit when you believed?" and they said to him, "We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit."

And he said to them, "Into what then were you baptised?" So they said , "Into John`s baptism" Then Paul said, "John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on him who would come after him, that is on Christ Jesus."

When they heard this, they were baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied.` (Acts 19: 1 - 6)

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

2 hours ago, D-Dawn said:

I have to assume that Paul spoke more in tongues than any of the Corinthians because he went out as a missionary spreading the Gospel to various peoples in various places. The gift of tongues as described in Acts 2 would have been essential in spreading the Gospel before copies of Scripture were widely available to everyone.

But Greek was the lingua franca of the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East at that time. Wherever Paul went, the only language he needed for preaching the Gospel was Greek - which he already spoke.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/15/2017 at 5:46 PM, enoob57 said:

It is never to be done....
without interpretation....

:emot-heartbeat:

Some

though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1

Say

Quench not the Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:19

No

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. Jude 1:8-9

Some Say Yes

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Acts 2:4

Yet Some Still Plead For

If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 1 Timothy 6:3-5

Deliverance

And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. 1 Corinthians 8:2

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The king

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

13 hours ago, Cletus said:

1 Cor. 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

:) The testimony of the Lord is the Spirit of Prophecy according to John written in Rev.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 4/16/2017 at 6:43 AM, Deborah_ said:

The Scripture that supports this (though probably doesn't prove it) is I Corinthians 14:18,19, where Paul writes:

"I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue."

If he spoke in tongues more than the Corinthians, he must have done an awful lot of tongue-speaking. But if that was rarely or never in a church meeting, then presumably it was in his private devotions.

But wouldn't it simply mean Paul spoke in tongues quite a lot simply because he was able to interpret it or someone else was there to interpret it?

13 For this reason the one who speaks in a tongue should pray that they may interpret what they say

When I read this, I think Paul is saying everyone speaking in tongue should pray that they are able to interpret it if there is no one else to interpret. And Paul is saying, while I can speak and interpret quite a lot, I would rather not do it. because tongues as a whole is a sign for unbelievers and not believers.

This is where I am quite lost. Today speaking in tongues are NOT a sign for believers. And there is no strong scriptural backing for "personal speaking in tongues"

And Scripture is supportive that gifts of the Spirit are relevant today and I don't think speaking in tongues have ceased. So there is no much speaking in tongues today, without being aligned with scripture :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

On 16/04/2017 at 9:44 PM, Reinitin said:

I see there are two seperate works of God one reavealed in acts  then the two actually compaired by Paul. I give witness to both. 

I was proclaiming the salvation of God through Christ and a man from China who speaks very little english asked me afterwards how I learned Chinese? I told him i did not know any. He was in tears. He had heard the message in perfect Chinese and the Lord filled his heart with great Joy when he believed. That is the greater gift of interpretation Paul tells us to seek, the witness to non believers. Then there is the gift of heavenly language we "do not understand" when the Holy Spirit makes intersession. I see people ad english or their own laungage and understanding with this gift. I do not believe its revealing prophecy or mysteries of God. I believe its adding our prayers and our proclamations to the intercession of the angels and the Spirit.

I also think many false doctrins and many false spirits  and the will of people are given voice by the teaching that mysteries are revealed by interpretation of the tounges we ourself do not understand. 

Hi Reinitin

You are very blessed to have this happen.  Thank you for sharing.  It is very uplifting.

Just to clarify, you spoke in English, and he heard it in Chinese, is that correct?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

47 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Reinitin

You are very blessed to have this happen.  Thank you for sharing.  It is very uplifting.

Just to clarify, you spoke in English, and he heard it in Chinese, is that correct?

Yes i was just talking about our Lord and his love for us, his full divinity and full humanity on the cross reconciling us to God and the purposes of God through the cross shown in His prayer for us in John 17, plus i showed in Genesis the difrences between created and made and How Christ in us was His plan of making us into His likness from the begining. Yes i was speaking english but he heard everything i said in chinese and he understood and believed the gospel and called on the Lord to make our Father known to him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/16/2017 at 9:44 AM, Reinitin said:

I see there are two seperate works of God one reavealed in acts  then the two actually compaired by Paul. I give witness to both. 

I was proclaiming the salvation of God through Christ and a man from China who speaks very little english asked me afterwards how I learned Chinese? I told him i did not know any. He was in tears. He had heard the message in perfect Chinese and the Lord filled his heart with great Joy when he believed. That is the greater gift of interpretation Paul tells us to seek, the witness to non believers. Then there is the gift of heavenly language we "do not understand" when the Holy Spirit makes intersession. I see people ad english or their own laungage and understanding with this gift. I do not believe its revealing prophecy or mysteries of God. I believe its adding our prayers and our proclamations to the intercession of the angels and the Spirit.

I also think many false doctrins and many false spirits  and the will of people are given voice by the teaching that mysteries are revealed by interpretation of the tounges we ourself do not understand. 

How did I miss this one?  What a story!!!!! PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

Thanks again, reinitin. You are blessing my socks off today.  But I'm not surprised seeing that you are from the Lone Star State!!!!   Ya--hoooooooooo

can I ask where the setting was for this?