• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

This post is at the level of hate and I believe the devil is in the works.

It should be ignored 

It has no facts to back it up and is no less than a bigoted statement

Catholic church history, church documentation, edicts etc, are available, if you do your homework.

Order this "The dark history of the catholic church" by  Michael Kerrigan -Amazon less than ten bucks.

Go to UTUBE Type in:    "PBS Frontline 2014 Secrets of the Vatican"     A documentary that will make you ill.

Ever wonder why the previous pope  Pope Benedict XVI ( "Pope Emeritus" ) resigned?  Not that hard to investigate, yourself.  (If you really want to know)
I find it totally amazing what the RCC has gotten away with, worldwide, with all the pedophiles recently exposed. Look up the history of the popes, the married ones, the ones with so many illegitimate children, some who became popes later, the times there were several popes at once, trying to kill each other.
To clarify, I love, and have a heart for, all Catholics. I was one for thirty years. Most all my relatives, and many friends are still Catholic. It's the catholic hierarchy I hate, dragging down so many to the pit of hell with them. I praise God for an old preacher that planted a seed in me, that grew, and I found the light.     God is Light. Not the RCC.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Catholic church history, church documentation, edicts etc, are available, if you do your homework.

Order this "The dark history of the catholic church" by  Michael Kerrigan -Amazon less than ten bucks.

Go to UTUBE Type in:    "PBS Frontline 2014 Secrets of the Vatican"     A documentary that will make you ill.

Ever wonder why the previous pope  Pope Benedict XVI ( "Pope Emeritus" ) resigned?  Not that hard to investigate, yourself.  (If you really want to know)
I find it totally amazing what the RCC has gotten away with, worldwide, with all the pedophiles recently exposed. Look up the history of the popes, the married ones, the ones with so many illegitimate children, some who became popes later, the times there were several popes at once, trying to kill each other.
To clarify, I love, and have a heart for, all Catholics. I was one for thirty years. Most all my relatives, and many friends are still Catholic. It's the catholic hierarchy I hate, dragging down so many to the pit of hell with them. I praise God for an old preacher that planted a seed in me, that grew, and I found the light.     God is Light. Not the RCC.

I even read a book written by a catholic who does support that evil system.  called the vicars of Christ.    After the lies that peter was and etc

Go on to the first recored pope.   from day one they all , all of them had errors.    SO my question to all is this .   HOW was or is that church ever really THE TRUE ONE

when from its birth , it had blashphemous errors.    I investigated both sides.  those that support it and those who don't .   those who did

and those who don't , both showed the blasphemy of that church.  Its just those who support it , cant see it .  WEPRAY for many to come out of her

and all the daughter churches who teach falshoods as well.     Be blessed gary.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Catholic apologists go to the well worn reasoning that because Jesus promised that the gates of hell would not prevail over the church, then the RCC must have the truth, to the exclusion of all others. What all Catholics are not taught, myself included as a young man, was that outside of Rome there was a vibrant powerful Christian community that grew and converted millions. What Rome has attemtped to do is hide and destroy the evidence of such...trying to convince the world that she was the only shop in town. Not so. The Celtic church in Britain. The Waldenses. The Ethiopian church. The Albigenses. The Assyrian church that presided over a vast parish that stretched from Persia through India all the way to China. Entire kingdoms in China were Christian. In fact, the main reason that Europe wasn't defeated by Mongolian armies was that so many of the Khan families were Christians. The gates of hell did not prevail over the true faith...it is just that Rome didn't have it.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

20 hours ago, OneLight said:

Will you be providing this document you speak of so we all can read it, and if it was a secret Vatican edict, how did you get a hold of it?

Still waiting for any proof?

So am I. How much longer do we wait as the burden of proof for a poster's claim rests on them and should have been provided in a link in the original post.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

20 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

In 2001, while he was a cardinal, the pope issued a secret Vatican edict to Catholic bishops all over the world, instructing them to put the Church's interests ahead of child safety.   The document recommended that rather than reporting sexual abuse to the relevant legal authorities, bishops should encourage the victim, witnesses and perpetrator not to talk about it. And, to keep victims quiet, it threatened that if they repeat the allegations they would be excommunicated...

"The real problem the Catholic Church faces," explains Father Donald B. Cozzens, author of "The Changing Face of the Priesthood," is the "disproportionate number of gay men that populate our seminaries"...

The John Jay studies in 2000 and 2010 already proved the real problem in the Catholic Church and seminaries were instructed accordingly. But as for this secret Vatican edict from an unidentified pope, it belongs in a conspiracy forum and not General Discussion.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

50 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

The John Jay studies in 2000 and 2010 already proved the real problem in the Catholic Church and seminaries were instructed accordingly. But as for this secret Vatican edict from an unidentified pope, it belongs in a conspiracy forum and not General Discussion.

If the OP cannot provide proof or the document, they need to retract the statement.  As I said, I am not Catholic, but I do believe strongly that if someone makes such claims about another or an organization, they need to provide proof of the claim.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

19 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

This post is at the level of hate and I believe the devil is in the works.

It should be ignored 

It has no facts to back it up and is no less than a bigoted statement

Speaking the truth is only hate to those who dont want to hear it

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Speaking the truth is only hate to those who dont want to hear it

Not always.  It depends if the truth is spoken in love or not.

All too often people believe they are doing good works by warning others of sins while labeling a group instead of the sinner.  They do so in the name of "truth".  They have their soapbox and are determined to use it in any way they desire without taking the time to realize how they are saying what they say determines if people will hear them or not.  They just know they have a mouth and will speak without learning how to speak so people will listen.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

If the OP cannot provide proof or the document, they need to retract the statement.  As I said, I am not Catholic, but I do believe strongly that if someone makes such claims about another or an organization, they need to provide proof of the claim.

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

Not always.  It depends if the truth is spoken in love or not.

All too often people believe they are doing good works by warning others of sins while labeling a group instead of the sinner.  They do so in the name of "truth".  They have their soapbox and are determined to use it in any way they desire without taking the time to realize how they are saying what they say determines if people will hear them or not.  They just know they have a mouth and will speak without learning how to speak so people will listen.

I agree. Here are a few links to get you started. Judge yourself. I love the "group".  I detest the "sinner", the  RCC hierarchy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/17/religion.childprotection

click on  this in above link    Read the 1962 Vatican document (PDF file)    for document being sought

https://rudd-o.com/archives/pope-benedict-xvi-ratzinger-covering-up-pedophiles

https://rapevictimsofthecatholicchurch.wordpress.com/

http://www.actupny.org/YELL/catholicpriests.html

This one shows many sources to more;     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimen_sollicitationis

It's relatively easy, for someone wanting to get to the truth, to find it with a little research. Above links took less than an hour or two to find. Much of the  evidence is corroborated from many sources. Just do your homework. Love for your brother is evidence of your being born from above. Not warning of false teaching is participating with it. Someone gave me the truth forty years ago, and I left the RCC. I care nothing for giving  sensationalist negative statements, about any church. What I do care for are those, like I had been, trusting a false teaching, giving them a reason to seek the gospel. Of Jesus the Christ, the head, even the head here on earth. Not a man in robes.

The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

If you look at the original post there is nothing factual to back up the statement made by KiwiChristian,  putting it in the category of an opinion. When I see something like that, when WE see something like that, particularly when it is putting someone or a group of people down,  we must be very very careful to check it against facts or we risk heading down the slippery slope towards bigotry and  writing nothing short of hate mail.

Whether it is accepted as such or not, what was originally posted was just simply gossip!

I don't think for one second that the original post was done as a warning.

Has any one here considered that by taking part in fueling this hatred that maybe they themselves are being victimized? How has this discussion made you feel?

it's one thing to feel angry but we need to have a positive response to it or we are a victim of it.

Gossip has a way of doing that.

Pro_16:27  A worthless person concocts evil gossip—his lips are like a burning fire. 
Pro_18:8  The words of a gossip are like choice morsels as they descend to the innermost parts of the body.

Pro_26:20  Without wood, the fire goes out. Without a gossip, contention stops. 
Pro_26:22  The words of a gossip are like delicate morsels; they sink down deep within

Rom_1:29  They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed, and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and viciousness. They are gossips,

I am glad that there are some here that have taken the time to back up their statements with some research however I have to ask the question ...What is the purpose of the original post anyways, other than to sow seeds of anger? This is so obvious when you see the cartoons that accompanied the post.