• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

13 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

I am going to assume your brief response means the ceremonial laws AND the moral laws (10 commandments) are BOTH done away with?

The first 4 of the 10 commandments specifically deal with our relationship with God... The remaining 6 deal with how we are to treat each other (fellow man).

So, where does it say the first 4 are now no longer relevant? Why are they no longer relevant? Did God simply eliminate His commands to honor and worship Him?

Also, does that mean we can now commit murder against our fellow man since this was a command and sin in the last 6 commandments?

Thank you, Charlie 

Let the grace of God write them upon the hearts so as not to think that God's holiness can be earned by manipulation of that which passes away but by the presence of God's Spirit within us that presses us to act upon the Love God has placed within our hearts... your claim of RCC moving the sabbath is terribly inaccurate... 

Luke 24:1-7

24 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.

3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,

7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
KJV

Acts 20:7

7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
KJV

1 Cor 16:2

2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
KJV

Now I am perplexed why one would celebrate on the day Jesus was still in the grave... as the Living Church found quickly to celebrate the risen Lord!  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

in many countries there is not Sunday or Saturday recognition or closing of businesses. Also, many have to work, including medical teams and carers, on a weekend. I work weekends, I have too. I keep sabbath every moment of every day, 

Is the only way I see of keeping my whole heart, mind etc on God, as Christ commands. He did not say 150% or 200% on Saturday or Sunday. He said 100% constantly, 24/7.

Luke 10 v 27 He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

Jesus did not say the whole amount changes depending on the day of the week, or that His commandment only applies on one day a week.

All must do as the Spirit leads them. These are my thoughts, after prayerful consideration.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Leah, the things you mentioned are true but God, not man, told us to obey the Sabbath and then doubled down after He created the 7th day making it Holy, by writing it in stone.

This is not a hurdle or punishment or one of “thall shout not’s....”, but this day is supposed to be a blessing to/for us. This is a set apart day where we know exactly where He will be...

In the Gospels Jesus Himself performed “acts”which many including the Pharisees condemned Him for doing “work” on the Sabbath... but they were not “work”. These “acts” were not secular in nature, they did not put coin in His pocket, etc.

And you are so right, God knows what is in your heart- not man!

Just my thoughts, Charlie 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 8/28/2020 at 7:54 AM, Charlie744 said:

Should we keep the 7th Day Sabbath or Sunday, the first day I the week?

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV 

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Through all our studies we have taken His yoke upon ourselves and really learned more of Him by following His steps. I know by now that by keeping the 7th Day Sabbath on the correct Day as instituted by The LORD.

But to do as He says is what I find that makes the difference in ones life.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV 

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Through all our studies we have taken His yoke upon ourselves and really learned more of Him by following His steps. I know by now that by keeping the 7th Day Sabbath on the correct Day as instituted by The LORD.

But to do as He says is what I find that makes the difference in ones life.

Greetings To a fellow brother and sister in the Lord who also keeps the Sabbath Day Holy.....Shabbat Shalom!

This is very personal and not meant for me  to receive praise from anyone, but rather merely to testify as to what keeping the Sabbath Day has done for us (wife included). 

As a testimony to God’s grace and blessing....our lives did make a very positive change when we committed to abiding by the 4th commandment about 15 years ago.  Our favorite hour of the week is now Friday night around 8:00 pm to 9:00/30.  This is when we usher in Shabbat by worshipping and praising God through music.  Joshua Aaron, Paul Wilbur, other Messianic Praise music, and various other musicians who inspire worship lead us into worship every Friday night.  Saturday morning is worship through the word and prayer.  Afternoon is relaxed and unstructured,  personal reading and study online messages, family time..........but absolutely no work!  

since we made this commitment God has richly blessed us with powerful and often sudden answers to prayer and a deeper sense of his abiding love. We believe that “day off“ from work and other worldly pursuits recharges our battery, renews our mind from worldly matters,  and draws us closer to Him.  In addition, better prepares us for what is in store for us Sunday- Friday. 

honestly, I don’t know how much God appreciates Seeing us have “our day off” to be on His Sabbath,  but I Definitely know how much my wife and I have appreciated and benefited from the change to Saturday as the day to be kept holy. 

thanks for listening,

spock (and Mrs spock)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Greetings To a fellow brother and sister in the Lord who also keeps the Sabbath Day Holy.....Shabbat Shalom!

This is very personal and not meant for me  to receive praise from anyone, but rather merely to testify as to what keeping the Sabbath Day has done for us (wife included). 

As a testimony to God’s grace and blessing....our lives did make a very positive change when we committed to abiding by the 4th commandment about 15 years ago.  Our favorite hour of the week is now Friday night around 8:00 pm to 9:00/30.  This is when we usher in Shabbat by worshipping and praising God through music.  Joshua Aaron, Paul Wilbur, other Messianic Praise music, and various other musicians who inspire worship lead us into worship every Friday night.  Saturday morning is worship through the word and prayer.  Afternoon is relaxed and unstructured,  personal reading and study online messages, family time..........but absolutely no work!  

since we made this commitment God has richly blessed us with powerful and often sudden answers to prayer and a deeper sense of his abiding love. We believe that “day off“ from work and other worldly pursuits recharges our battery, renews our mind from worldly matters,  and draws us closer to Him.  In addition, better prepares us for what is in store for us Sunday- Friday. 

honestly, I don’t know how much God appreciates Seeing us have “our day off” to be on His Sabbath,  but I Definitely know how much my wife and I have appreciated and benefited from the change to Saturday as the day to be kept holy. 

thanks for listening,

spock (and Mrs spock)

Greetings, and how are you all?

Well! It is good to hear from you all, and sharing the same kinds of interest, I'm sure that He knows we love Him by keeping His commandments in order. 

At the time my wife is on the phone with one of her fellow sister in the Lord, I'm sure also when she get to read your reply that she will be encouraged.

Glad to know also that we can agree upon the same things about the Sabbath.

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Honestly, I thought the Sabbath became obsolete with the first coming of christ. Are you guys saying that it still is of importance?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Some people like 7th  Day Adventists believe the only people going to heaven are those who worship on Saturday!  Aren't they going to be surprised?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Honestly, I thought the Sabbath became obsolete with the first coming of christ. Are you guys saying that it still is of importance?

Only some Christians observe the Sabbath (Saturday).    No one should look down on others that observe Sunday.

16So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a [j]festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17which are a shadow of things to come, but the [k]substance is of Christ.   Colossians 2:16-17.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Willa, I don’t believe the SDA honor the Sabbath because that would ensure they go to heaven... thus everyone else who doesn’t does not reach heaven.

I think they honor the Sabbath because it is one of the 10 commandments which of course we all must obey. Also, God created the 7th day AND it is the only day He made Holy. It has nothing to do with the Cross. Charlie