IGNORED

Is It True That God Will Stop Calling To You?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/4/2017 at 9:42 AM, LadyKay said:

I have heard of this and I think I have even seen it in some people I know on a personal level. But I still wonder about it. Is it true that if you feel the Holy Spirit urging you that you need to get Saved, and you ignore that urge over and over again. That God will no longer call on you? That you can sit through church service after church service and while others hear the call, obey the call and get Saved. That because you have ignored the calling so many times that you simply just won't hear it any longer? That your sins are not shown to you anymore and therefore you feel no need to repent of them? Is this all true? 

It was true for me! Don't know that makes it true for everyone or anyone else. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, firestormx said:

I have always believed this is what the bible is saying when talking about being turned over to a reprobate mind. Loving sin so much you reject God's call for repentance over and over until God stops calling you to repentance and leaves you to your sin. I could be wrong but this is what I always thought it was talking about.

You aint WRONG and scrips agree with this .     Even JESUS said how lusts can enter in and CHOKE the word right out of ya.

why paul even said.................exhort one another daily lest ye be HARDNED through the deceiffulness of sin.

IT is why if the early church saw anyone in error........they corrected so fast, my so fast and so seroius

\cause james knew , if we convert that one back , we have indeed saved that SOUL from death.  

tis why Paul would say LET all who name the name of Christ DEPART from inquity.    if you like theirs way more scrips I can bring .

See how simple the scrips clear up a matter fast.   so sad many preachers preach man wisdom which is confusion.

I , if I were president would make it a wonderful LAW that all Christain churches must spend hours daily in the bible and learn and grow

and test all spirits against it.  FOR many deceivers have entered in , and deceive many they do.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You aint WRONG and scrips agree with this .     Even JESUS said how lusts can enter in and CHOKE the word right out of ya.

why paul even said.................exhort one another daily lest ye be HARDNED through the deceiffulness of sin.

IT is why if the early church saw anyone in error........they corrected so fast, my so fast and so seroius

\cause james knew , if we convert that one back , we have indeed saved that SOUL from death.  

tis why Paul would say LET all who name the name of Christ DEPART from inquity.    if you like theirs way more scrips I can bring .

See how simple the scrips clear up a matter fast.   so sad many preachers preach man wisdom which is confusion.

I , if I were president would make it a wonderful LAW that all Christain churches must spend hours daily in the bible and learn and grow

and test all spirits against it.  FOR many deceivers have entered in , and deceive many they do.

OH yeah lets not forget this one.   And QUENCH NOT the SPIRIT.  yeah don't put it out, cause this sure can happen with sin.   it sure can.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On Wednesday, October 04, 2017 at 9:42 AM, LadyKay said:

I have heard of this and I think I have even seen it in some people I know on a personal level. But I still wonder about it. Is it true that if you feel the Holy Spirit urging you that you need to get Saved, and you ignore that urge over and over again. That God will no longer call on you? That you can sit through church service after church service and while others hear the call, obey the call and get Saved. That because you have ignored the calling so many times that you simply just won't hear it any longer? That your sins are not shown to you anymore and therefore you feel no need to repent of them? Is this all true? 

I think God can better judge when a soul has reached this point of no more calling. 

After all he is the only one that can save an individual or condemn.

We can try our best to bring a soul to God, but ultimately God decides. 

He hardened Pharaoh's heart to serve a purpose, and the same with Saul. 

He could have easily had David's heart hardened from all David went through and even with all the sin David commited, but God didn't. 

God is in control and can turn a heart from cold to hot or hot to cold. It's dependent upon his need or plan.

As I said we can try, but the final decision is God's. He can pick when and how if he sees fit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I think it can happen also but if you're worried it's happening to you it probably isn't.

I've also been surprised by a few people who I thought it did happen to. It didn't. Since we can't see a person's motivations and feelings we should always assume God is doing a work in them. I always remind myself that Jesus said, ideally, the Father doesn't want any to be lost. But it can happen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 10/4/2017 at 10:42 AM, LadyKay said:

No. God always calls. It is the people who refuse to answer. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Remember it is Yahweh (God) Who sends "the famine , not of food , nor of water,  but OF THE HEARING OF THE WORD OF YAHWEH"

and again,  ".... gives them OVER TO BELIEVE THEIR OWN DELUSIONS..." 

with perfect mercy, justice, judgment, and righteousness,

as always. (as always perfect and true)

It looks like most fall into this category,  though it won't be seen finally until it is time.

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Yes, it is possible, I believe this has happened to me. My heart is hard and I am lacking the desire to leave my sin. I do not detect Jesus working on my heart. I sat under the gospel most of my life and have not changed. Now it seems too late because I do not have the desire to repent.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Chris0699 said:

Yes, it is possible, I believe this has happened to me. My heart is hard and I am lacking the desire to leave my sin. I do not detect Jesus working on my heart. I sat under the gospel most of my life and have not changed. Now it seems too late because I do not have the desire to repent.

You say  That you “ sat under the Gospel”...... chances are you heard a “ false Gospel” like most Churches teach and got a  brainfull  Of religious mush.....

The Gospel is Good News and is very difficult to reject if properly taught.....what exactly were YOU taught in regard to the Gospel.....Please explain how one gets saved— according to what you “ sat under”.....thanks....I pray for you...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I believe this is true.  It is also true that prayer changes things, and God may repent and continue calling people.

However, I once prayed for someone that if God knew that the person would be a bad influence on my kids and that he was beyond salvation that God would move him out of the way.  A few weeks later he crashed his plane into a mountain side and was killed instantly.  The coroner said he never knew what hit him.  I hadn't prayed evil for the person, only that he wouldn't be a stumbling block for my kids.