• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Reinitin said:

2 peter 1: 20 First of all, you should know this: No prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation, 21 because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, men spoke from God as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 

What this Scripture is telling us is that no genuine prophet can invent his own "prophecies" ("private interpretation"), since prophecies do not arise because men "will" them, but because the Holy Spirit gives Divine revelations. The words of the prophets are in fact the words of God, not their own inventions or imaginations.

Since we have the Bible we are to "rightly divide" (or rightly interpret) the Word of Truth. We cannot claim to be prophets, but God expects us to properly interpret His Word after diligent study (2 Tim 2:15): Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

Amen, Reinitin,  2 Peter 1:20 is ignored when it interferes with man's plan ((they're own interpretations for any other purpose)).

Just read Yahweh's WORD, and believe HIM, is really, really, really perfect and sufficient.  HE didn't make a mistake.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Good post Robert, and extremely valid points -- for those who have ears to hear!

are you in agreement that Jesus blood on the cross did not pay it all, and that we are subjected to persecution and death , but this not push aside we are saved by grace,  we still have to face life and if it came and they took you to jail to be killed, then Jesus death is still valid, and if I am killed for my witness , I am still saved by the grace of the blood on the cross, for no matter I will praise my God until the end , and I know I am covered by the blood, and so I am not afraid, and totally understand what the spirit tells me for I am bought with a price,and it is not me but Christ that bought me and I am His, and now I am a servant to what ever happens to me for the power of the cross and for the word of God,

we are saved and not of our selves, and we are to follow HIm through the hard and narrow get , for only a few make it through , do you see why , for many that are Christ,  are not  they are wolves in sheeps clothing, and so I will be standing front of God  and Jesus will cover me, and my words are a testimony to there position of Gods word, we must humble our selves,

Jesus said , his sheep hears his voice, ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

5 minutes ago, Ezra said:

What this Scripture is telling us is that no genuine prophet can invent his own "prophecies" ("private interpretation"), since prophecies do not arise because men "will" them, but because the Holy Spirit gives Divine revelations. The words of the prophets are in fact the words of God, not their own inventions or imaginations.

Since we have the Bible we are to "rightly divide" (or rightly interpret) the Word of Truth. We cannot claim to be prophets, but God expects us to properly interpret His Word after diligent study (2 Tim 2:15): Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Ezra if men weren't trying to interpret scripture we wouldn't have people teaching and defending and arguing about pre trib, mid trib and post trib doctrine would we? Jesus said  Mathew 25: 13 “Therefore be alert, because you don’t know either the day or the hour. I know when christians were persecuted in china they were all told the Lord would come before it got bad. Well they suffered horribly and many lost faith because instead of a church being prepared to face persecution with the words strong instruction to grow in perseverance, many huddled in fear wondering why the Lord was forsaking them.  So you can believe and teach which ever trib you want but the truth is the body of christ has faced tribulations and persecution since our Lord left and it is up to us to bare fruit and be strengthened by His word while we wait for our Lords return when ever that may be. Do you really think the christians hung on posts dipped in oil and lit on fire to light the streets of rome didn't waiver because they had the right tribulation doctrine? They stood in faith because the Lord made them able to stand. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

Amen Reinitin.  Amen for all those who died for their simple faith in JESUS, and endured to the end literally.

Not only all you showed, but there would not be all the different stories of men  who interpreted the Bible wrongly,  all the different fighting factions because of following men instead of following Jesus.

1 minute ago, Reinitin said:

Ezra if men weren't trying to interpret scripture we wouldn't have people teaching and defending and arguing about pre trib, mid trib and post trib doctrine would we? Jesus said  Mathew 25: 13 “Therefore be alert, because you don’t know either the day or the hour. I know when christians were persecuted in china they were all told the Lord would come before it got bad. Well they suffered horribly and many lost faith because instead of a church being prepared to face persecution with the words strong instruction to grow in perseverance, many huddled in fear wondering why the Lord was forsaking them.  So you can believe and teach which ever trib you want but the truth is the body of christ has faced tribulations and persecution since our Lord left and it is up to us to bare fruit and be strengthened by His word while we wait for our Lords return when ever that may be. Do you really think the christians hung on posts dipped in oil and lit on fire to light the streets of rome didn't waiver because they had the right tribulation doctrine? They stood in faith because the Lord made them able to stand. 

that was a good comment, thank you Reinitin,

this is what I am also trying to make a point about, if the rapture does not happen, it is not unscriptural to be ready and not focus on this, for we are to be focus on God, and for our faith and belief must endure until the end it was as you said, and today , no one wants to accept this, I also believe that if we do not reach out and share the truth of the scripture and God saying He has over come, the world , then at the end when people really have to face persecution or death that they will curse God and reject Him, for letting them down, when all along they were not seeking and understanding the love of God, for if they do not get this and take it seriously

then they do not know or have any idea why Jesus had to go to the cross in the first place, blessings to you

and keep the faith ,

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, RobertS said:

Here's one problem some of you are not recognizing:

If we need to be here for the Tribulation, then that says the blood of Jesus Christ was NOT enough to cleanse us and purify us, and that we need to "suffer" in the Tribulation.

Either Christ's blood paid for our sins or it didn't:

And if Christ's blood wasn't enough to fully cleanse us, then what is? And if it is, then why are we on earth? Did God leave Noah with the sinners, or did he leave Enoch on Earth?

If we were to be left on earth during the Tribulation, that would say that Jesus' blood wasn't enough to cleanse us, and that we needed to "suffer" during the tribulation. And that makes no sense.

And tell me what groom lets his bride-to-be walk into a situation where he knows she will be pummeled and beaten to a bloody pulp? Read Rev 13 carefully: it says the saints would be overcome by the Beast.

Sorry, but your desire to "win crowns" during the Trib is showing.

Since Ezra says this is for those who have ears, I don't see anything here explaining how all through the ages saints have been through tribulations, unto death, yet none are to suffer THE tribulation because that would say that Jesus' blood wasn't enough to cleanse us.  Can you explain the difference please?

1 minute ago, hmbld said:

Since Ezra says this is for those who have ears, I don't see anything here explaining how all through the ages saints have been through tribulations, unto death, yet none are to suffer THE tribulation because that would say that Jesus' blood wasn't enough to cleanse us.  Can you explain the difference please?

thank you I would like to know how that works also , ? blessing to you  hmbid,

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

26 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Rightly dividing the word? 14Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers. 15Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. 16But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness, 17and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus.

Rightly dividing the word instructs not to do exactly whats being done and being called rightly dividing the word.  

Rightly dividing the word is to live by its principles and conduct ourselves as Gods approved servants exalting Christ not our wisdom. read 2 timothy 2 its context is our character. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Ezra said:

Sister,

All you have to do is go to the thread on "Jesus magnified the law..." by SinnerSaved to see how many people are telling him that his doctrine is false.  False doctrine is not a light matter.

There are multiple threads which could be quoted to show that SS has a lot of weird doctrines, and I am doing him a kindness by rebuking that. Jesus said "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten".  Sometimes one has to be very blunt, and sometimes you post a lot a weird things also (and have been corrected by others).

MG, thanks for confirming what we have noticed, and frankly we cannot allow false teaching to go unchallenged.  I have shown on this thread that John 14:1-4 teaches a Pre-Tribulation Rapture, and been told by SS that that is "unscriptural"!

Ezra

I read a lot of posts on here, and when I agree with someone I give them the thumbs up, if I don't I give reasons why.  Just because we don't agree with something said, doesn't mean that we completely write them off as a brother.  We are not all going to agree with everything, because we are all still growing and learning.  A few people do not make up half this site.  There are plenty of people who just read posts, and don't give their voice.  It is our duty personally to check out everything if it's in harmony with the Word or not.  This is how we grow, and if we can give evidence from the scriptures to support our opposing views it has more substance.  A post with just an accusation to put a brother down with no substance is not fair.  It's like putting someone up for trial without trying them.  No one gets charged on an accusation alone, but with proof.

There is only one true doctrine that has survived in unity of the saints in the last days.  This is with the 144,000.  They speak a doctrine (a new song) that no man knows but them only.

Some are on their way there, and need some fine tuning.

So the popular doctrine that you all accept and argue over is not the one.  You guys are not all in unity, sorry but I see all the posts.