SurrenderedWife

Pregnancy this close to Rapture/Tribulation?

Blessings brothers and sister,

I was wondering what insight you might have about the usefulness of having children in these last last days. I know we don't know "the day and the hour" but we can't ignore the times. I really want children, and so does my unbelieving spouse but 2 miscarriages later and with the end approaching I'm wondering if this is the best decision for serving the Lord. I love to study and teach and have already envisioned a wonderful and comprehensive homeschooling curriculum, and will follow guides to make sure they successfully grow through their stages. My husband forbids the kids attending church or being taught Christianity as fact rather than my belief. Still, he's not against Christian friends and conversation per se... Other than this, my husband is a committed provider, supports traditional roles and most of Christian teachings, and is very affectionate to family (including our cats).
I think will make a very good dad. So far things seem to indicate a green light from God, but I'm still interested in what you all know or think!

Edited by SurrenderedWife

God is in control. Be fruitful and multiply. That is an original command. You will be blessed beyond your imagination. We must have children. Don’t be afraid!  

• Praise God! 1

I think this is something you need to take in prayer and even with fasting to the Lord, to see His answer. The rapture part doesnt concern me as much as that your husband refuses to let any kids have teachings about the Lord or attend church. Altho that shouldnt be a factor in determining if you have kids or not. 

Perhaps seek advice from your doctor too. Why did you have miscarriages? Do you both have health issues that affected the babies? Is there any risks if you get pregnant again?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SurrenderedWife said:

I was wondering what insight you might have about the usefulness of having children in these last last days. I know we don't know "the day and the hour" but we can't ignore the times. I really want children, and so does my unbelieving spouse but 2 miscarriages later and with the end approaching I'm wondering if this is the best decision for serving the Lord. I love to study and teach and have already envisioned a wonderful and comprehensive homeschooling curriculum, and will follow guides to make sure they successfully grow through their stages. My husband forbids the kids attending church or being taught Christianity as fact rather than my belief. Still, he's not against Christian friends and conversation per se... Other than this, my husband is a committed provider, supports traditional roles and most of Christian teachings, and is very affectionate to family (including our cats).
I think will make a very good dad. So far things seem to indicate a green light from God, but I'm still interested in what you all know or think!

Has it occurred to you that God is in charge and does NOT want some folk in churches today since the doctrines are so warped. Since you are Christian you sanctify your family. God has His ways and all this trib stuff is nonsense anyway. Nobody knows and all the various 'systems' fail when looked at closely.

Concern yourself with supporting your husband and living wisely.

Do not worry, just believe and trust in the Lord.

Love mercy and do justly and walk humbly with your God.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is a day coming when all who are His will not only survive by faith, but thrive in the midst of the  most difficult times mankind has  ever seen.   If He can take care of adults through that time, He will have no trouble providing for an infant too :)   I think the key question (and always  has been a key question) is "Am I hearing Him and being trained to instant obedience to Who I'm hearing?"   If the answer is "yes'' then He is fully capable of inserting a new little helpless life into the times, and fully confident in His power to take care of, nurture and protect it. :)

Go as led sis...He is faithful.  There will be big changes and many trials to pass through on our  way  to the end of this age and the appearance of the  King.  Many  will not be here when He arrives.  But some will be...and they will continue  on  into the Kingdom age and repopulate it.  The little one your heart desires may well be a big part of that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

10 hours ago, SurrenderedWife said:

It is only my perspective but if I were young I would not bring a child into our world today. It is something you need to keep in prayer.  I am sorry that you are married to an unbeliever. That is being unequally yoked. All children will go with the Church in the rapture.  

Edited by missmuffet

10 hours ago, SurrenderedWife said:

All I will address here is the "last days" you mention.  You have other much more important things that need addressing, but I'll not get into those.

We have been "in the last days" since Jesus was ascended.

The last days are not a finish line that mankind is rushing towards getting more and more sinful as we go.  There is nothing new under the sun - says the Bible.  Homosexuality, rape, murder, mankind shaking his fist at God, sexual deviancy, lies, great apostasies...…..none of that is new.  The only thing I can think of that's new is that it is all televised now and one can gain access to these things at a fingertip.

The "last days" are like a cliff, so to speak, that mankind is running parallel to  like a wild herd - ever at the edge, in an instant could dive off the edge.  Mankind in Paul's days were just as horrid as they are now.  People have always questioned bringing children into the world because of the world's insanity.

The song, "Because He Lives" was written by Bill and Gloria Gather in response to their have a baby son and being worried sick about the world they were bringing him into.  That was in the 1960's.

Your primary concern is your unbelieving husband.  The question to be asked is do you want to bring children into this family where their father will forbid them to attend church or become a Christian.  You and he need to settle that issue FIRST.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, ayin jade said:

I think this is something you need to take in prayer and even with fasting to the Lord, to see His answer. The rapture part doesnt concern me as much as that your husband refuses to let any kids have teachings about the Lord or attend church ...Perhaps seek advice from your doctor too. Why did you have miscarriages? Do you both have health issues that affected the babies? Is there any risks if you get pregnant again?

Hi Ayin,

Excellent questions - I'll clarify for everyone here:

1) This is a question I prayed, fasted and consulted pastors and Christians about for the past 4 weeks. Everyone's response unanimously has been in the affirmative (or ocassionally neutral "take it up in prayer"). I was praying a long time walking on the beach and felt compelled to go this one direction and saw "Happy Wife" then a few meters later a heart. The consistent message I was getting was to love my husband and to find rest and joy in the Lord.
2)My husband doesn't forbid me teaching about Jesus or Christianity, just mandates I tell them it's "my belief" - is that against the command of following God and not men? He wants them to make up their own mind but won't forbid them if they themselves want to go. I'm not sure the details of how it will play out and I hope he would be saved before it's relevant, and I wonder if I'm just to trust God on this one.
I just haven't met another unequally yoked couple who were ABOUT to start a family rather than had one, but nothing in the Word speaks out against it. Whereas for it: 1) be fruitful and multiply 2) submit to your husband XD Still I check with believers in case I'm missing something. A few times I acted on my own solo understanding of scripture and went astray.

3) I spoke with the doctors several times (as much as we could afford). They only do the most basic tests for free (and they have been consistently pretty good), and the rest cost a fortune. I believe the government funds them after 3 miscarriages, so right now we're just guessing by symptoms. Still, I firmly believe this was God's way to bring me back to Him, because He knew what it would take for me. :( I grew up in a very health-conscious home and been a health junkie all my life, including doing diligent research rather than just trusting any odd doctor. Been eating organic, removing anti-nutrients, making everything at home from scratch and using only natural remedies. Still my health (physical and mental) worsened despite others (including husband) having apparent success with my practises. I had to fail at helping myself and realise no one else around me could help either. The doctors don't see any risk.

Justin, did you find the doctrines on the forum are less warped? There are some Youtubers I follow whose doctrines I test to be mostly sound and this is my main source of growing in God's knowledge apart from self-study. Still I won't neglect the gathering with other believers, though I would rather surround myself with others who choose to walk in truth and righteousness, no matter how hard it is. I have a Peter-like spirit of zealousness, ready to lay my life down for the Lord if called to do so! This I do in a metaphorical sense, and God help that I may do so in the physical if this be required.

Jostler, I looked into "hearing from God", and I do hear a small still voice before I do something I regret the next moment (usually surrounding hasty speech or actions). During a conversation, verses pop into my head - sometimes ones I haven't seen in almost a decade. I also see signs after prayer and fasting that have low probability of being a coincidence. Then there is the sort of 'gut feeling' that compels me to draw closer or further away from a thing like a particular song, church, teaching or person.

17 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I thought you didn't have any children. So, how can your husband forbid the kids from attending church etc. ?

I don't :) We just talk about our parenting methods and such in advance, especially before committing to stay together and bring children into this world.

Missmuffet - Yes, I married him after I had become an atheist. :( I have heard that God will use our bad experiences for good when we're in Him...so I accept the hardship I brought on myself and understand that I NEED Him on a daily basis just to get through the day with my sanity and faith intact. Hopefully this means I will grow to know and love Him more than I would if I had it easy and handled all on my own. Hopefully all these unbelievers in my life will be blessed now that they have a zealous Christian around. Of course I would SOOOOOOOO love to be led by a believing husband, than kind of leading from the back, and hearing my cries perhaps God will be merciful on me and our future children. I believe God will work all things for good, even if it means nothing more than  refining my character with the refiner's fire. Perhaps I'm weak of constitution, and God's making things only lightly or moderately difficult.

My husband has not asked me to directly go against God, even after we went through a long list of God's laws (he says 'they are good to do'). He actually says he wants me to stay a Christian because it has a positive effect on my wellbeing and character. He even displays good 'Christian leadership' on occasion, like when I had a dilemma whether I should go to a big church with Christian rock and  lots of worldy parables geared at saving the unbeliever and help them in their big lost souls outreach (services giving the milk of the Word) or to a small church where the service centers around the Bible and we delve deeply.  He advised the latter as my knowledge/abilities would be wasted in the former. He was also the one who encouraged me to pray for our chronically coughing cat and I got to witness a miracle of the cough disappearing permanently. He just doesn't believe because he seems irreconcilable errors in prophecy etc. and he hasn't found convincing apologetics for, but only God knows what may convince him. I keep hearing that I'm supposed to stop trying to prove God to him, and leave it all at God's feet. This is so scary cause I worry "what if he dies tomorrow without knowing God?" so I rush it. God knows better though and actually if he's saved without my convincing, it will strengthen my faith too.

I'm homeschooling the children and will read them Christian books (as well as select secular) from a young age. There are many cute teachings I saw on patience, kindness etc. and Bible movies for kids. They can have Christian friends come over or meet at play groups. It's Sunday school specifically or being TOLD what to believe that he doesn't want, but I think I can be clever about it like Abraham was with Pharaoh? I will do my best to help them to love Jesus and the Good Book. They can contrast that with other religions or philosophies...or how their Christian mummy and friends compare to unbelievers. I feel bad for the children (but I have no grounds to divorce my husband and remarry another and can't keep beating myself up for my huge mistake). If Jesus is not coming for several more decades, I suppose my kids will at least be better leaders than the many kids born into total wickedness.

Does this change anyone's perspective? Especially Ayin and Jayne?

Edited by SurrenderedWife

• Similar Content

• By SurrenderedWife
      Paul Wilbur's music moves my heart more than any other, I wonder why...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4HWj1jrJA

I always think of the Marriage Supper having this kind of music
    • By Mary8
      The Comings of the Lord Jesus: the Rapture in blessing in mid air, then from heaven on a white horse in judgment
      There is no mention of the term "second coming" in the Bible.   The term seems to cause some to deny the coming for believers as compared to His coming down to the earth in judgment.
      Jesus will come, in the air to take believers up to Himself, in white, His hands in blessing, for His saints, in like manner as He went up:
      John 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
      Luke 24:50-52  50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. 52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
      Acts 1:11   Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
      Luke 18:8  Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
      Revelation 16:15   Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
      Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.  
      Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him,...
      I Thess. 4:16-17  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
      Psalms 27:5  For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
      Jude 1:14-15 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,  15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
      1 Thess, 5:2   For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.  Verse 4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
      Jesus comes to the earth in judgment, on a horse, with fire and a sword, in red garment, not in blessing, to render His anger with fury:
      Revelation 19:7-16   7 For the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.... 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.... 11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. 
      Psalm 50:3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before Him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about Him.
      Isaiah 66:15-16 15For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
      2 Peter 3:10     But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
      Zech. 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle;... 3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.....  8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem.
      Rev. 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.
      Revelation 3:3   Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

• By Mary8
      I believe in past weeks the Lord has given me new insights from Psalm 50, on the imminent rapture of those believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior.  See Scripture references at end hereof.
      Psalm 50, with my comments in brackets:
      1 (A Psalm of Asaph.)  The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.
      2  Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.
      3  Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence:  a fire shall devour before Him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about Him.
         [note by Mary:  These words remind me of the fire when Elijah was taken up into heaven, II Kings 2:11.  The following verses then tell who it is that He is coming for.  Christians are told to "wait for His Son"  I Thess. 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.   Jesus promised He will come for us, John 14:18, and this is our blessed hope, and our comfort.
      4  He shall call to the heavens above, and to the earth, that He may judge His people. 
      [I Thess. 4:18 states that He shall descend from heaven "with a shout" and that the "dead in Christ" and "we which are alive" shall be separated  from others and brought before Him for judgment.  This indicates that the time is when God calls out.  Judgement of His people is specifically referred to, and a separating of His people is implied and points to to the timing of rewards or lack thereof to Christians (I Cor. 3:11-15, regarding judgment for rewards or loss to believers.]
      5  Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice. 
      [This again echoes the words of I Thess. 4:18:  "caught up together" and the verses indicate who He will gather.  Believers accept Christ's death as their sacrifice.]
      6  And the heavens shall declare his righteousness:  for God is judge himself.  Selah
      [This emphasizes that the heavens will testify that God keeps His promises and the rapture of Christians through the heavens will reveal this to the world in a marvelous way.   Judgment is again referred to.]
      7  Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee:  I am God, even thy God. 
      [Then we come to the point where the Psalm reveals that there is a message to Israel, to Jews who had not accepted Christ.]
      8  I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me. 
      [This possibly suggests that the animal sacrifices are occurring at the time of the rapture.]
      9  I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.
      10  For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
      11  I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
      12  If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
      13  Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
      14  Offer unto God thanksgiving: and pay thy vows unto the most High: 
      [This is advice to Israel.  Some will realize that Jesus was their Messiah and that they can be thankful for this knowledge, and make a vow to Him.   It points to the need of Israel to accept the sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus.   I believe many will immediately do so.]
      15  And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. 
      [The Lord tells Israel what they need to do, gives His promise that He will deliver them too, and gives the outcome, that Israel shall glorify their Savior.]
      16  But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? 
      [Beginning with this verse, the Lord speaks to the wicked, and tells them they should take His covenant and declare His statutes, and that they have rejected Him and come under the law of sin.  Sinners must start with realizing they rejected Him and are in the time of trouble when His wrath is poured out.]
      17  Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.  
      18  When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and has been partaker with adulterers.  
      19  Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.  
      20  Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.  
      21  These things has thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.  
      22  Now consider this ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
      23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
      [So the Lord then promises salvation to the one who orders his conversation right, and offers praise, glorifying God.  Jesus' Name means salvation, and some of those left behind, not among the gathered people, will receive Him and be saved during the tribulation.]
      Scripture references: 
      II Kings 2:11  And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.   In Ezekiel chapter 1, " Ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself,
      I Thess. 1:10 (wait for His Son from heaven....) 
      I Thess. 4:18 (For the Lord himself shall descend with a shout ....);
      John 14:3 (I will come again, and receive you unto myself);
      John 14:18 (... will not leave you comfortless, I will come for you);
      Titus 2:13 (Looking for that blessed hope);
      Psalm 27:5 (5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.); 
      I Thess. 5:9 (God hath not appointed us to wrath);
      Romans 5:9 (justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him);
      Rev. 3:10 (I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation);
      Heb. 10:19 (come into the holy place through the blood of Jesus); 
      I Cor. 3:11-15 (gold, ... hay, stubble, ... reward ... loss)  Psalm 91 (the dragon shalt thou trample under feet);
      Psalm 34:7 (the angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him).  
      Luke 12:32 (Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.)
    • By Mary8
      Scriptures that promise that the Lord will take believers prior to the tribulation: (some of these are from memory so I may need to fix.)
      For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:  and the dead in Christ shall rise first, then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air:  and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.  I Thessalonians 4:18  [So we can take comfort that He will catch us up to Himself.]
      And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.   I Thessalonians 1:10   [Those who do not believe in an imminent rapture  would add the word death after "wrath" and are erring.  It just says the wrath.]
      Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ.   Titus 2:13
      For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in his pavilion, In the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me.  He shall set me upon a rock. Psalm 27:10     [This specifically points to "the time of trouble," also called "the time of Jacob's trouble," "the tribulation," and shows that believers will be where God dwells during that time.]
      For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.    I Thessalonians 5:9  [This does not say wrath at time of death.]
      So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.  Heb. 9:28
      Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.   Romans 5:9
      Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.    Revelation 3:10   [The time of temptation, I believe is the time of tribulation, trial of all the world.]
      Call upon Me in the day of trouble, and I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me.  Psalm 50:15     [I had saved this Scripture prior to 26 September 2017 when I realized  Psalm 50 contains details about the rapture, about Israel's response afterwards, and about the wicked and what they must admit do if they hope to find the Lord.]  
      We have confidence to come into the holy place through the blood of Jesus.  Hebrews 10:19
      Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest:  for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.  I Cor. 3:11-15.
      Thou shalt tread upon the lion and the adder, the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.  Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him.  I will set him on high, because he hath known My Name.   Psalm 91:13-14
      The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.   Psalm 34:7   
      Psalm 50:3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.  4 He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.  5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
      Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.  Luke 12:32 
      2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished
      2 Timothy 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
      John 14:3   And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
      Jude 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
      Isaiah 26:19-21  Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.  20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.  21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
      I Thessalonians 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
      Mark 13:32-37 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.   [We are like the porter who was to watch the door:  commanded to watch.]
      Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.  
      2dec2017
    • By Mary8
      The Feasts Fulfilled
      from 18 Feb 1991ml   I have made some changes.  See end for notes.

Passover
         Jews in ancient Israel were required to go to Jerusalem to celebrate three feasts, Passover, Pentecost, and in the autumn, Trumpets.
         Jesus fulfilled Passover which occurred on a full moon, the 14th day of the month Nisan. 
         Passover celebrates the Exodus from Egypt, which bespeaks salvation, escape, deliverance.
         Nisan 1 commences at the New Moon, as do all months on the Jewish calendar.  This month should mark the beginning of the year by Jews (rather than in September/October as they presently observe, the Civil Year.)
         Ex. 12:1-3:  "And the Lord spoke unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, This month shall be unto you the beginning of months:  it shall be the first month of the year to you.  Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb .... a lamb for an house."
         Jesus, the slain Lamb, is the only acceptable sacrifice, and believers trust in the Blood of the Lamb and are thereby saved.

Unleavened Bread
         Jesus fulfilled the Feast of Unleavened Bread which commenced the same day as Passover, on the 14th day of Nisan, and it was a seven day period of eating bread without leavening, which represents sin.  This feast was fulfilled before God only, as Jesus, the sinless one was lifted up before God.
      Mark 14:.12, 22  12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?...  22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. 
      Firstfruits
         Jesus fulfilled Firstfruits by arising from the grave on the third day after His death.  The term Firstfruits refers to the first sheaves of barley which were ready to cut and Jesus's resurrection is the  fulfillment.  [Lev. 23:10.]  Many saved people were also resurrected from their graves and walked about the Jerusalem area at the time of Jesus's resurrection.  This first group of resurrected saints compares to the Rapture of believers as the world goes on around the event.
         I believe the Rapture of the Church is shown in the following Scriptures.  Jesus the grain, died, brought forth much fruit, and His Church is likened to a harvest of grain.  Jesus often likened Himself to a husbandman also, and here He is waiting for the precious fruit, the gathering of the harvest of souls.
         John 12:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
         James 5:7  Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
         The barley and wheat harvests in Israel are the early crops, with the earliest, the barley harvest completed in April, and the wheat completed in May.  This year of 2018, Passover commences Friday evening, March 30, and the counting of the days, Lag b'Omer, and Omer 1 starts on March 31.  Jesus arose on Firstfruits, "the morrow after the Sabbath," Sunday, and in 2018, Firstfruits is Sunday, April 1, through Saturday, April 7.   The Lag b'Omer ends on the 50th day, the morrow after the Sabbath, which is Pentecost.  Lev. 23.  Centuries ago, the Jewish calendar was changed, and Pentecost was shifted from always being on a Sunday 'the morrow after the Sabbath,' to Sivan 6.  This year of 2018, Sivan 6 happens to fall on Pentecost Sunday.  
         These days are for me a time of considering whether He may gather us during the period of the grain harvest.
          Lev. 23:10-11 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:  And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. 
         The people were not to eat of the grain until it had been waved before the Lord.
         We see a picture of a time of rejoicing for Israel revealed in the story of old Naomi, and her restoration and joy in having a little boy to care for in her old age.  Ruth was married and taken into Boaz's house and lifted out of her time of gleaning in the field.  The son of Boaz, Obed, is born.  Others have noted that the book of Ruth is like the story of the Church and the Lord Jesus, and I think there is also this parallel to Israel revealed in Naomi's story, that Jesus is like Boaz, and when He and the Church are wed in heaven, a son will be born, the sealed servants in Israel. 
         Naomi will be brought back to joys she had thought were lost forever.  Just as Obed means "serving," so the end time, 144,000 believing Jews will be excellent servants of God  as we are told in Revelation.  Naomi means "pleasantness" but she said she had become bitterness.  Naomi's joy will return.   Other types of these victorious, believing Jews are seen in the three young men in the fiery furnace; in Elisha; and in Ephraim, the younger son of Joseph; and in Benjamin.

Pentecost
         I believe the harvest of grain in springtime points to the season of the coming of the Lord for His believers.  The increase of the grain, the harvest reveals the way He has multiplied His believers like a sower who cultivates His field.
         Pentecost celebrates the giving of the law, and occurs after seven sabbaths, on a Sunday ("the morrow after the sabbath") according to Scripture, (making it another reason for us to worship on Sunday, the day Christ arose). 
         This fulfillment occurred when the Holy Spirit fell upon the gathered believers, as Jesus had promised.  He came with a noise of a mighty wind, and the separated 120 believers saw the flames of fire on one another's heads.  Believers spoke in other tongues, telling about Jesus to people of other nations.  Just as fire came on Sinai as the law was given, so fire came on the Church in Jerusalem.
         Observance on Sunday has been set aside by the Jews as explained above.
         Tradition says that Enoch was born on Pentecost and was also taken up by God on Pentecost.

Feast of Trumpets
         Next is the Feast of Trumpets, a convocation of trumpets, and all Jews are to gather in Jerusalem.  Some think the convocation of trumpets will be fulfilled  by believers going up to heaven, being gathered to Him, and that Jesus, as High Priest, will blow the trumpet ['the trump of God'  I Thes.]  just as occurred at this feast in Israel near sundown on the evening before the new moon of Tishri 1 when the High Priest blew the shofar to gather the people, who were to immediately go to the temple.

The Day of Atonement
         The Day of Atonement was a solemn fast day when the Jews were not to work.   For thousands of years, annually on this day the High Priest went into the Holy of Holies and sprinkled the blood of a sacrifice and interceded for the people.  A rope was tied around his ankle in order to pull him out if he died in there and the sacrifice was not accepted.  Jesus went into the Holy of Holies before the Lord and made an atonement for us by the sprinkling of His own Blood. 
         After the Rapture of the believers, there will be, I believe, an awed multitude of Jews  who see that something has happened and many will seek the Lord.  I think this time of shock is revealed in the first chapter of the Book of Joel, and that following chapters describe the tribulation and their comfort as they find God has not forsaken them.  (I have done a little study on Joel which indicates my reasons.)  Jesus has made our atonement and we won't ever experience the earthly fulfillment of that dreadful dark period. 
         I believe the Jews will experience great revival and miracles, and will believe and evangelize.  The tremendous outpouring of God's Spirit as related in Joel will fall upon them.  I believe "Ephraim" was born in 1948, as Israel became a nation.  During the terrible time of God's wrath outpoured upon the sinful earth, Israel will experience great things.  I believe this is borne out in books of the Old Testament and in the Book of Revelation.  Far from the Jews staying behind to experience only curses, I believe many will believe and please the Lord.  They will become a true witness, just as the three young men in the fiery furnace in Daniel, and the Lord will be manifested among them!  They will live through terrible times as they wait to see Him.  No wonder that He said blessed are those who believe without having to see.
         Believers have received the Blood of the slain Passover Lamb,  His offering of Unleavened Bread, and we have taken the symbols of His Blood in the wine and His body in the broken bread.  We have believed in Firstfruits, with Jesus raised from the dead,  like a grain of wheat buried, seemingly dead, and then sprouted in new life.  We have experienced Pentecost and are in a time of waiting and watching for Jesus to come.  We will never again experience a day of crying out and seeking an atonement because Jesus is our all in all.

Tabernacles, Booths, Succot
         At this feast, all Jews were to go up to Jerusalem for the great gathering of the people.   They were told by the Lord to live out of doors for a week in little booths made of tree limbs and branches to remind them of the way God had protected them in their sojourn from Egypt.  Tabernacles commences on the full moon, the harvest moon.  Most of the crops are in, the grape harvest is ending in September. 
         The olive will be harvested during September, October, November.
         Revelation mentions the pressing of grapes was the time of His wrath.
         Are the 144,000 believing Jews like olives, pressed, yielding precious oil?  The two witnesses of the Book of Revelation are likened to two olive trees.  The olive harvest and pressing reminds us of the oil being used for the Menorah lamp. We know that the grapes of wrath reveal the wicked. 
         Tabernacles will be fulfilled by the Lord setting His Throne in Jerusalem so all the saved would come up to it, since it is on a mountain, Mount Olivet.
         Remaining Jews will experience the time of Jacob's trouble and consider the fulfillments of some of the feasts, and realize what the Lord has done.  The periods of time spoken of by the prophet Daniel will commence to be fulfilled.
         The Lord has a marvelous plan for the Jews.  He will mightily undertake for them, and just as Joseph dealt with his brothers and restored them to himself in a time of great famine, so the Lord will undertake for them in the dark days prophesied in the Scriptures, and they will be restored to Him with tears of joy. 
         We are soon coming to the sunset, it seems to me.  In the twilight after we believers are gone, the Day of the Lord will commence. 
         The sun was darkened when Jesus died, and the Jewish day commences at sunset, and with it begins the dark Day of the Lord.  The Day of Atonement will come and stretch on as the Jews seek God's salvation in that awful time. 
         The seven years start with the covenant of the evil one and Israel, but there could be some intervening time between the Rapture and the start of the Tribulation.  The time of Jacob's trouble will commence, the time of Daniel's seventieth "week."  Greater things than the Exodus will occur.  Afterward, Tabernacles, and then the light of the new day will come, the thousand year earthly reign of Christ here on earth.  And He shall reign forever and ever.
         Some say the Church will go through the tribulation, that God fulfilled the spring feasts in a mighty way on the earth, but that both believers and unbelievers will move together into the tribulation.
         Jesus will set up His kingdom on earth, and sit upon the throne of David, and rule the earth from Jerusalem.  Every year, all people of the earth will come to worship Him there or they will have no rain, according to Zechariah.  Jesus will reign one thousand years, and turn all over to His Father for eternity. 
         Blessed be the Name of the Lord!  

Notes, 26 March 2018: 
         I want to say a bit more about a group referred to by various names: NAR New Apostolic Revolution, Latter Day Rain, MSOG or Manifest Sons of God, Kingdom Now, Dominion Theology, Identity.  They and others teach against pre-tribulation Rapture and that Jesus will not come until believers take over, have dominion over the world.   I've read that they believe that the office of Apostle can be conferred by the laying on of their hands, and that the Church has replaced Israel, Replacement Theology.  
         In 2018, Paul Smith of Calvary Chapel states that the "New Evangelical"  outlook, which I think is spreading among some churches, is that Jesus is gradually coming into hearts.   [So many are being taught to not take the Scripture literally as to Jesus' return.]
         I visited a Manifest Sons type of group with an acquaintance, in 1980s, for their large Feast of Tabernacles meetings and celebration, and it took me awhile, but I realized, 'What about the blessed hope?'  
         I take the Scriptures literally and decided the blessed hope is the hope of His coming for believers -- not death, not tribulation, not being hidden in Petra in the mountains southwest of Jerusalem. 
         I'm surprised, but these post-tribulation ideas are still growing and are found among many.  The Manifest Sons group has their main weekly meeting on Saturday, is allied with "CCC" Christ Community Churches.  Dominion Theology people preach that the Church must bring the earth under control before Jesus can come again.
         We will benefit from comparing Scriptures about 1) the grain harvest 2) the coming for the Bride 3) the householder on a journey who exhorts his servants to watch, and will learn much by looking again at the parables of Jesus.
         All unbelieving people left behind at the Rapture will live during the Time of Jacob's trouble.  God's plan will be fulfilled and many will be saved, but many will die, many will be executed, and suffering will be great.   One hundred forty four thousand Jewish men from the tribes will evangelize and many will believe.  After the departing of the Church, the Scripture will be fulfilled, Jeremiah 8:20  The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.  
         The book of Joel chapter 1 speaks of an event that has occurred:  "The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel. Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers?  Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation."  Verse 7: "He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white."   Does this event point to the missing believers and realization by Jews that they had not recognized Messiah, or does it indicate there has been a military attack on Israel?
         Specifics for events in the time of tribulation can be found in Daniel and in the Book of Revelation.
         The evil man will arise and set up world government and eventually enter the Temple in Jerusalem, saying he is God, and the most awful times will occur.  Great numbers of new believers, who will refuse to take his mark, will be beheaded.  Eventually, as Jesus warned, some will flee Jerusalem and hide in the mountains to the southeast, and be sustained by the Lord. 
         Evil unbelieving people of the tribulation are compared to a harvest gathering of grapes, to be crushed.
         Believers during the Time of Jacob's trouble might be compared to the olive harvest, the last harvest of the agricultural year, and the pressing of the olives.
         After a specific number of days, Jesus will come with all His saints, on white horses and clothed in white linen, and He will split Mount Olivet in Jerusalem, east to west.  He will slay all His enemies upon the earth by the word from His mouth.  Some people will live through the tribulation and have children, in a time of peace, blessing, abundance.  Satan will be bound, Rev. 20.
         Rev. 19:8  And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
         We look forward to His gathering of His grain harvest.  Rev. 22:20  Even so, come, Lord Jesus.