• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

15 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

He does faithfully warn us and give direction of escape. Which is in revelation. He also is faithful to remind us.

TODAY ? 

Yes. ((i.e. not just from some trouble in the near future, but TODAY, life and death decisions))

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

Honestly Ezra, the part about John 14:1-4 is so easily refuted, that I am surprised that someone with such a high standard for accuracy of scripture and the authority of scripture would even use it in an argument supporting pretribulation theory.  

Nevertheless, you have. 

It's difficult for those who engage in critical thinking to understand how some can pull scripture out of context and misapply it in an attempt to support their viewpoint, especially when they seem to, like you say, have a high standard for accuracy and the authority of scripture.  It's difficult to understand because, honestly, it's irrational.

It's the same kind of irrational that causes someone who is deeply in love to reject a bad report about their lover even though the report is observably true.  It's an emotional attachment that sets aside what is rational in favor of what is desired.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

10 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

TODAY ? 

Yes. ((i.e. not just from some trouble in the near future, but TODAY, life and death decisions))

yes, he reminds us of His words everyday.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

4 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

It's difficult for those who engage in critical thinking to understand how some can pull scripture out of context and misapply it in an attempt to support their viewpoint, especially when they seem to, like you say, have a high standard for accuracy and the authority of scripture.  It's difficult to understand because, honestly, it's irrational.

It's the same kind of irrational that causes someone who is deeply in love to reject a bad report about their lover even though the report is observably true.  It's an emotional attachment that sets aside what is rational in favor of what is desired.

I think its a form of brain washing. People are conditioned and its drilled into them what a scripture means. Then they read over it and can't even see what it says.

5 hours ago, OakWood said:

What you're not recognizing is the Tribulation is not a judgement of God, it is a product of evil.

Realizing that truth was the beginning of the dismantling of the pretrib fallacy for me.

4 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

I think its a form of brain washing. People are conditioned and its drilled into them what a scripture means. Then they read over it and can't even see what it says.

I agree that a lot of people fall into that category but when it is shown to them, with direct scriptural support, time and time again and they continue to reject it, something else is at work.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38

5 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

key words: "brain washing" , "conditioned" , "drilled into them" , "can't even see what it says"

All of that is the normal condition of everyone on earth, regardless of their birth, economic or social rank, country, etc...

i.e. uncountable ideas in the system on earth, a multitude of religions, schools, politics etc 

all in the dark,  according to Scripture.

Yahweh keeps for Himself, just as in the OT, so also in the NT, a remnant as HE SAYS.

"pre-trib" details, some maybe right, some wrong, are just leaves on the trees,  not the source

/root problem:Salvation from the world and all of its power over people.

someone could be saved, and believe casually in pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib any and all,

as long as they live by faith in JESUS doing as HE SAYS 

every day of their life,

same as those who believe in other "leaves on the trees" ((other scenarios, politics, etc.... not necessarily true))

>>

Living by FAITH , true FAITH in JESUS,  everyone is delivered,  brought OUT OF the world system(s) that are considered normal.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Sure.  I guess you are one of 'everyone'.  I didn't say those who think differently have an inferior understanding.  Y'all have a different one  I consider my own to be correct and let everyone else believe as they will.  I notice many here saying that PreTribbers have a flawed understanding of Scripture.  Isn't that calling OUR understanding inferior?

Of course you think your opinion is correct, there is no fault in that!  lol.  But when you said  "The Pretrib Rapture is correct, to anyone who can see the truth in Scripture. ", it sounds a little stronger than an opinion that pretrib is correct.  I lack the understanding, and the study time, to form an opinion yet, and I am trying to understand the arguments and explanation of scripture put forth, but to state that anyone who disagrees with your opinion somehow means they can't see the truth in scripture really is not a sound argument.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35

5 hours ago, hmbld said:

Thank you, although this does not show any difference in why Christ's blood is not enough to save us from church age, but is enough to save us from The Great Tribulation, which is why all must be raptured prior to this Great Tribulation.  

Christ's blood avails only for those who believe.  The Tribulation and the Great Tribulation are for those who do not believe. Judgements are for unbelievers. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Well, the Bridegroom comes for His Bride at a time when no one expects him.  For only God the Father Knows when this will take place.  We are to watch and be ready - Now.  That is all that is required of us after Salvation.

Yet, with the 2nd Coming we all know when this event will take place.  Shortly after Armageddon and sometime after the 200 Million make their way to the West, and after the whole world is shaken by an enormous earthquake, and well after the mark of the beast being implemented.  So to tie an unknown timed event (Rapture) with a known timed event (2nd Coming) makes that unknown timed event known.

Kind of like saying I do not know when my next burp will be, but then saying that it will happen at the next bump in the road.

This is a fruitless endeavor, for if one dies before the Rapture all is gain.  If one goes up in the Rapture, all is gain.  I just kind of wonder how many of those who have died in Christ in the past were forced to take or reject the Mark of the Beast.  And Christ was tempted in like manner as we are tempted.  So if one is not ready to die now for Christ as many have in the past 2000 years, what is the benefit of going through the 70th Week.

A good Question is:  What is the benefit of going through the 70th Week, as many Believers in Christ have already missed this period of time.

In Christ

Montana Marv